We took him to Applebees for dinner but after finishing the activities on the kid's menu and eating maybe 5 bites of food he was ready to go! He knew we were taking him to the toy store so he could choose his own presents.
Since he received some money from the Great-Grandparents to spend at the toy store too, he got to take home quite a nice assortment.
We went to our daughter's house the following night, for cake and celebrating.
Alex's mommy and daddy got him a kid's iPad. A Leap Pad, maybe? He was definitely enjoying it.
B is for book. The one I'm reading now is, 'Her Fearful Symmetry', by Audrey Niffenegger. It's a ghost story that takes place in and around London's Highgate Cemetery.
C is for Campanula. Also known as Canterbury Bells, Bellflower, etc. My daughter and son-in-law gave me these gorgeous flowers for Mother's Day. It's such an interesting looking flower and the color... stunning! I love them ... my kids AND the flowers. ;)







First, Happy Belated Birthday to Alex!!!!
ReplyDeleteOMG, I can't believe how fast he's growing. He looks like a little man!
LOVE the shot of him sitting in front of his cake with his hands on his chin - PRICELESS!
And please tell Alex I am soooo jealous of his Toy Story 3 Piggy Bank gift. I want one - HA!
Cool-looking book cover, M! And it also looks like a very interesting book.
Gorgeous flowers! And knowing your love of PURPLE, I bet you were beaming!
Wishing a HAPPY, HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY, my dear friend!
((((( You ))))
Have a glorious weekend.....X
Well, isn't he a cutie? I miss those days of toy store visits!
ReplyDeleteI read that book, too and enjoyed it. Right now, I'm reading Stephen King's '11/22/63' and loving it!
Ron, he was soooo good too! Extremely excited, but such a joy!
ReplyDeleteWhen I asked my daughter what he wanted, she said, 'everything'! LOL So we figured it would be really fun to just let him go wild in the toy store.
Toy Story is always a hit, and that he got to pick that big box off the shelf and take it home... oooh, thrilling to a five-year-old.
Okay, we had as much fun as he did. ;)
Bijoux, I'm glad you liked it, it certainly has me interested so-far.
I love King, and have that book too. I took the dust jacket off the other day and put it on the bed, and then changed my mind and went with the Symmetry one. I always have a small stack of books ready and waiting.
Grandparents get as much fun out of grandchildren as the grandchildren get out of them. It must have been so wonderful to share his birthday.
ReplyDeleteI absolutely adore campanulas.... thanks for showing them on Mother's Day. Hope yours is a happy one.
He IS getting so big!!! Happy Birthday to Alex!!! Bet you all really enjoyed celebrating right along with him! What a beautiful cake!! And I didn't even know that they made ipads for kids! Shows you what I know! Lovin' that PURPLE! Hope all is well in your world M!!
ReplyDeletexo
Jeanne
C reminds me of morning glory and B reminds me of the book I'm supposed to read next "A Discovery Of Witches" by Deborah Harkness". I'm not usually into witches and vampyres, but that one looks good...
ReplyDeletehappy birthday Alex!!
ReplyDeleteyou picked some great stuff at the toy store
have fun :)
I love the flowers Mary
Hope you had a great Mom's Day
Valerie, we're lucky to live near our grands and can see them often. It's so cool being a 'Mimi' and a 'Pop Pop'!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Jeanne. The cake was store bought this time, my daughter didn't have time to make one I guess.
I don't even have an iPhone or an iPad. I can't take toooo much technology. lol
Gledwood, I'll have to Google that book. I've read alot of Anne Rice vampire books so maybe I would like that one too.
Thanks, Dianne, yes it was a wonderful day! Hope yours was nice too.
I am really digging those flowers. I have to find out where my daughter got them so maybe I can get more to plant?? Eh, I don't have much of a green thumb but I would try for a garden full of those beauties.
Awesome! Looks like Alex had a great party! And having him choose his own gifts? That's not a bad idea. Will have to keep that in mind when Tyler gets old a bit older. But, knowing me, I'll still sneak him out to the toy store several times a year (don't tell Karin!).
ReplyDeleteHe's adorable and I absolutely LOVE all the pics. Happy Birthday to the little (but growing oh so fast) guy!
ReplyDeletePS - I am reading that same book!!!
HT, as Mimi and Pop Pop, we get a certain amount of priviledges! Actually, my daughter preferred us taking him and letting him pick the gifts because that way they wouldn't have to deal with both kids and only one getting to spend birthday money. Sierra wouldn't have liked that at all! LOL
ReplyDeleteBohoMom, he IS, and thank you. I just finished the book and really enjoyed it. Quick, fun read. Her story held my interest right to the end!
Awwww what a cutie he is!!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Holly! I love being Alex's Mimi. He really is a delight.
ReplyDelete