Hey, wouldn't you rather be stalked and eaten by hungry lions instead!? Yeah, me too.
We went out looking last year but couldn't find anything. Hubby said I was being too picky ... the seats weren't comfortable in a few of them, the pedals didn't feel right in another, didn't like some of the colors, prices were too high, etc. And aside from all that.... just having to figure out how to haggle with a car salesman is a slight torture. So after a few dealership visits, he got frustrated with me and said I'd just have to drive my Taurus until it died. Fine by me, always liked that car. And I didn't think we needed to spend the extra money at the time anyway. Hmmph!
Oh, but after my Ford started acting up again and some definite repairs were looming I agreed to go looking once more. The first couple cars we tested were at a Hyundai dealership. Very nice salesman, decent models, beautiful day for some test driving,
so-so prices. Next stop... Honda. Honestly I wasn't planning on making any decisions that day, I swear I should have been born a Libra, but the ones we took out for a test drive were quite nice. We told the saleswoman we'd go get dinner and talk about it. She was friendly, didn't pressure us, and no manager was trying to get us to stay at the showroom. So we left and I called a friend to ask some additional questions. After dinner, we were back at the Honda dealership going on a second test drive and liked the Accord enough to buy. Well, lease actually. And it seems that on leases, there isn't much to haggle over. Hallelujah! We drive under the allotted miles. We had our old car to trade in and some money to put down. Hubby's credit is primo so it was basically just getting the monthly payment where he wanted it to be. They were running a special so the numbers came out great. For under $200 a month we have a brand new ride with black leather interior, heated seats, alloy wheels and a maintenance package that covers oil changes and tires for the lease term. Will we buy it in 3 years? No idea. We've never had a car on lease before and we've never had a Honda but we sure do like it right now.
Hope you're all enjoying a nice weekend!

Yay! So happy to hear that things are looking up!!!! I LOVE my Honda!!!!!!! Have a great weekend Mary! Congratulations on the new ride!
ReplyDeleteXo
Jeanne
A HUGE congrats on your new car, M!
ReplyDeleteWOW...I LOVE the color, BLACK!
" I swear I should have been born a Libra."
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Yes, being a Libra and making a decision is pure TORTURE!!!
But, I gotta say, I feel like you made the perfect choice. If I had to ever get a car again, I would definitely lease. It's so much more practical to lease because they care of your repairs and you can trade it in or choose to purchase it.
What a GREAT monthly payment too! When I had a car, I never had a car payment over $200 per month. I always got a USED car, so that's probably why.
Hope you're enjoying this faaabulous weekend, neighbor!
X
We have 4 Hondas here.......you could say we REALLY like them! Congrats on getting the deed done!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you got a screaming deal (it sounds really good to me, Mary) and most of all that things are going smoothly for you for a change! Peace and love, xoO
ReplyDeleteI didn't realise Libra people had a hard time making decisions... I thought it was just my hubs. I'm a Peugeot gal myself but my friend swears by Honda and I must admit they're comfortable to ride in. After all your hassle over car shopping you need three years of trouble free and comfortable driving.
ReplyDeleteCongrats on the new car. I've never had a Honda, but friends love them. I might like them too, but we always buy something that pretends to be Made in the USA. We like to support the local economy.
ReplyDeleteLooks nice! :)
ReplyDeleteThanks, Jeanne! I really like the car alot. Ron remembered that we test drove a Honda Accord awhile back that I liked alot but it was used and there was a noise hubby didn't like so we didn't get that one. Funny that I came back to the same brand and didn't realize it.
ReplyDeleteRon, I am loving the black too! Of course, lately it's been covered with pollen but it rained a little this morning so it's clean again. LOL
Bijoux, wow 4! Glad to hear you like them that much. I've been hearing good things from different people so I think it was a good choice for us.
Olivia, yes, things are good with us for now but our son is still having major struggles. His car engine went totally caput last Monday and he got all of $100 for it for scrap metal. The next day he was fired from his job. :(
Ah well, he's young and will probably have many cars and jobs.
Valerie, the ride is very comfortable! Hubby and I just drove to Atlantic City the other night, which is about an hour each way, and it didn't feel like we'd been driving that long at all.
R.J., since hubby is in a Union, I think there is a list of cars that they ask the members not to purchase. I have no idea what is on it since this is more my car. He has a Ford truck. There are probably foreign parts on vehicles made here anyway. And since we do buy alot of other things locally we were more concerned with the montly price fitting into our budget than anything else.
Thanks, Akelamalu! The black will be a bit harder to keep clean but that's okay!
ReplyDeleteshe's a beauty
ReplyDeleteI had 2 Hondas and loved them both
my DIL leases a new Honda Pilot every 2 years
enjoy
Awesome! Congrats on the car! And yeah, I empathize with you on car shopping. The whole experience takes *hours*, and is both a mental and physical battle. You'd think that there'd be a easier way to buy a car...
ReplyDeleteThat's awesome!! What a fantastic car buying experience...or leasing experience lol. But I totally feel you on this! I was so stressed when I had to buy a new car 2 years ago. I went to Carmax which ended up being very easy to deal with. No haggle etc. But I have to admit I am kind of coveting your beauty!!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Dianne. I never paid much attention to the different models but now I'm looking at all the Hondas! The Pilot must be great for a family vehicle. We didn't need something quite so big. We might have been fine with the Civic but since I like the mid-size sedan and still do some craft fairs, the Accord was the perfect size.
ReplyDeleteHT, it certainly wasn't as stressful as it could have been. The salesgirl was really nice and not pressuring us at all. I guess some cars just speak for themselves. And since it was a lease, well, not toooo much stuff to haggle on.
Holly, thanks! We are happy with it... so much so that if we don't stop driving around so much we'll be owing mileage money at the end of the lease. haha!! Oh, but I know once winter comes again and the snow falls it'll be sitting for awhile. My old Taurus had a couple big dents from snow piles.