The celebration should have been in August, but you know sometimes it takes me awhile to put up a post.
It's no big secret that I'm a registered Dem, and am voting for President Obama in the upcoming election, but that's not to say I don't watch and listen to the other candidates. I do like Jill Stein and Cheri Honkala with the Green Party. In different circumstances, I would vote for them. I'd like to hear more about Rocky Anderson, maybe Gary Johnson too. They aren't included in the debates though and many people don't know much at all about them. And then there's this guy.
I hope I won't offend any Repubs who may be regulars at my blog but I'll have to risk that. Rmoney is a liar. A comtemptuous plutocrat. A rotten greedy bastard. A liar. Oh did I say liar already? Sorry. Anyone who's following anything at all on the election from any source other than maybe FOX news knows he's a liar. Some others apparently don't. Or maybe they do and just don't care. Not sure which is worse?
Well, since this isn't a political blog ...
I'll move it right along ....
Good goddess, I've been soooo sick this past week. Last Wednesday after a couple days of feeling like crappola, I ended up going to the ER. Because of an upper respiratory infection, I developed a bad case of vertigo and with it severe vomiting. They did some bloodwork, gave me fluids and meds in an IV, sent me home. I'm on assorted meds and have periods of feeling good in between the feeling of wanting to crawl into bed and cry. I guess I'm on the mend but this was a BAD virus. Not sure whether it's something I just caught out somewhere or if stirring up alot of old dust and dirt while doing some home projects not too long ago started it. Hubby has been coughing alot too and our son isn't at the top of his game either. We need a vacation! haha
So here are a few photos of the recent changes...
Bye bye sweet purple. It's my fav color, but it was time to get it out of the living room.
We went with 'Alligator Green' and even though this photo doesn't do it justice, it's a good color for the room and we all like it. A finish photo may appear on the blog one of these days. The room isn't done yet though.
Dining room went a tiny bit darker. From 'Deep Garnet' to 'Claret'. Around the windows was a lighter color but hubby liked the idea of having just the one color all around. He changed out an old black ceiling fan for a new light fixture too.
That's it for now. Hope you are all doing great. I'll be around to visit real soon.






Mary, I hope you feel better soon! The colors of your rooms are really beautiful, and not ordinary and boring, which I really like.
ReplyDeleteI am undecided about my vote, mainly because it is so hard to tell (I mean really tell) who is lying and who is telling the truth. I think both sides are doing a bit of both. I think it would be good if people lost the ability to run for president if they lied (like a job applicant who lied on their resume) and then it could actually be a fair race. Take care of yourself, xoO
If they eliminated all politicians who lied from running, we'd be left with no one! I like Obama except for his constantly trying to start class warfare in this country. Pisses me off. But I can't vote for a Mormon....sorry, but cult followers are not getting my vote. I'm mean, aren't I? Just keepin it real.
ReplyDeleteI love your paint colors! I'm all about those jewel tones!
HAPPY BLOGIVERSARY, M!!!!
ReplyDeleteYou and I have been blogging for the same amount of time. I turned 5 in September!
And hey, I REALLY, REALLY love BOTH the shades of paint you chose! VERY nice taste! Rich-looking, but at the same time...very cozy and warm.
Hope you're feeling better soon!
((((( You )))))
X
P.S. Aren't you lovin' this cooler weather we're having? It's about time we got some fall.
WooHoo! Congrats on the anniversary. Out of curiosity I went back to my first post and realized that I'm only a few months behind you. Amazing how time flies!
ReplyDeleteHope you feel better M! Sounds like you sure have been keeping your husband busy with the painting!
ReplyDeleteHi Mary, first let me say I hope you feel better soon. It does sound as if the dust got to you. I have the decorators in right now but I'm steering clear... lunch out with a friend today to get away from it all.
ReplyDeleteI really liked your description of Romney. We get a lot of your news over here so I get to see all the presidential debates etc. I get really angry at Romney and tend to agree with your view.
Oh sorry to hear you've been ill m'deario, hope it's passed now and you're feeling better.
ReplyDeleteHappy Blogversary!
ReplyDeleteHi Olivia! Thank you. Haven't had a virus like this in awhile. It's a real drag.
Since hubby is a painter, we've always had a colorful house!
Since I don't know what you're looking for with regard to this election, or how you generally vote, I'm not sure what the best thing is to say.
I don't know why anyone is undecided so close to the election. There's enough information out there on the candidates to research issues.
Personally, as a woman, I don't want to support candidates who are for overturning Roe v. Wade. Abortion certainly isn't a good thing, but would making it illegal again be better? I don't think so.
Even though I'm sure it needs tweaking, the Affordable Care Act being upheld was a GOOD thing, in my opinion. Our daughter was put off our policy when she didn't go to college and ended up owing money unnecessarily. Our son now benefits from the changes. He isn't in college, and doesn't even have a job right now, so it's a help to people in that situation. And countless others for a variety of reasons.
I have money issues too with regard to someone like Romney. Not to say that President Obama isn't rich, he and Michelle have made alot of money and will always live well. Many politicians do pretty well anyway. To me though, there's a definite difference in the two with regard to wealth and how they got it.
You might not care to read this, it's long, but I'll provide the link anyway.
http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/greed-and-debt-the-true-story-of-mitt-romney-and-bain-capital-20120829
It's only one of many articles I've read lately. Here's another.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/bill-moyers/plutocrats-want-to-own-yo_b_2001740.html
Has Obama had a perfect presidency? Has he never stretched the truth? No, of course not. The political ads are a mess of disinformation. But I just continue to shake my head at the likes of Romney. He's said so many things of contradiction, it's almost comical. Except that it's not really funny at all. Realizing his personal goals is way more important than being honest or appearing genuine.
Oh my, look at that ramble. LOL
I hope you are able to decide very soon!! Go with what you feel in your heart if you can't sort out some of the issues or specifics of the candidates. There has to be one that you feel would be a little better for all. Maybe that person isn't one of the two main candidates. Check out some of the other ones if you have time. Good luck! xo
Bijoux, I can agree that there are lies everywhere. Some are maybe a bit of creative disinformation, others are flat out in-your-face boldface ones. lol
I don't really agree that Obama constantly tries to start class warfare though. I think he's more about trying to end the assault on middle class people. Republican policies, in my opinion, don't really benefit everyone as a whole. They help those doing really well do even better, and that gap is getting out of control but that doesn't necessarily help to create any jobs. So if the economy and jobs are the main topics for many voters they should research a few additional things.
OH, I won't get into another rant, I promise! End of comment!! LOL
Ron, yes, except you are a much better blogger than I am!!! I miss you, my friend, and will be over very soon to catch up.
We've always had alot of colors in the house. Even the last apartment we were in I had to add some color. White walls are okay I guess for those who really know how to decorate with good furniture and other colorful things.
Yes, happy dance for FALL!! Love it!
HT, Happy Blogiversary to you, too! Yay! Blogging is certainly fun. Wish I were better at it lately. Damn Facebook! haha
ReplyDeleteJeanne, thanks much! He does it for a living, and if ever gets to retire will probably still be doing it.. just like my dad did.
Valerie, thank you! So nice you were able to get away while things were being done at your house. I have so many books that the dust can get out of hand when I don't keep up regularly. Who wants to dust books though, they are for reading and enjoying!
I have heard quite often than alot of people in many other countries do like Obama and prefer him to Romney by alot.
Akelamalu, thanks! No, unfortuntely it's still hanging on. Been on assorted meds and not getting the best sleep but am hopeful to be feeling good again very soon.
You're so funny. I hate election seasons but I do vote anyway. I like to vote for people who actually want to "serve the public" instead of "serving themselves".
ReplyDeleteI'm not as brave as you with all the vibrant colors. I tend to "realtor approved" light, subtle colors on walls and floors, then brighter furnishings to add color.