Pages

Friday, April 5, 2013

The grands and a couple cards

Our grand beauties were over for a visit on Easter Sunday.  We got them assorted goodies, including these fun foam hats.  




It's craft season again!  Even though I have another blog to highlight my creations, it's been forever since I updated over there so you might seeing things here for awhile.  I got a small greeting card order recently so am playing with paper again.  Love it!!  I cut my own card stock from artist tablets and use scrapbook papers for the background.  On this card, I made the little grad caps, crimped the black paper and stamped the tag.  Squee!  I wish more people bought handmade greetings.  I do sell my cards, but also hear a lot that they either get theirs on the run while at a drugstore (or dollar store), or don't send them at all because postage keeps going up.  *sigh*  


Weekend plans might include cleaning, foodshopping, cooking, crafting, updating Etsy and my blogs, dinner and/or movie, napping ... not necessarily in that order!

What are you doing?

8 comments:

  1. You're quite a creative woman! Lucky children to have a mom who can make so many interesting things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary, those Easter foam hats your grandchildren wore are PRICELESS! Heck, I would even were them!

    And I am so glad to hear that you're finding time to make your cards, because your greeting cards are the BEST ever! Honestly, they're like works of art. They tell a story!

    "I wish more people bought handmade greetings. I do sell my cards, but also hear a lot that they either get theirs on the run while at a drugstore (or dollar store), or don't send them at all because postage keeps going up."

    I agree, I think more people should buy handmade cards than store bought ones because the ones in stores are the PITS. Plus, they're way over priced. The thing about your cards are that they can be framed and hung on the wall to create a nice card grouping.

    I think what's happening is that people are also sending cards via email (E-cards) which are convenient, but not at all personal.

    I have to work tomorrow, but Sunday I want to spend the day outside because I hear the weather is going to be stunning!

    Have a fab weekend, neighbor!

    X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, man. I don't do crafts. Over the years I have tried and tried and the results are always disastrous. Usually I get 2nd degree burns from the glue gun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your cards, Mary. Gosh it's an age since I made any but I still have quite a stock. Nobody seems to buy cards to post anymore. Your grandchildren are gorgeous and I adore those hats.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute grand kids! I love your card and gift wrap. I wish I were more creative.

    We are painting the kitchen this weekend. The remodeling is almost done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those hats are so cut, as are your grands! Love the cards Mary, you're so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome crafts!

    My Easter weekend consisted of eating candy, going on a run, eating more candy, then cooking up some fish on the grill.

    I tell ya, my diet this past week has been very strange. Heh...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, Lorna! Can't take credit for the foam hats though. I did used to like floral arranging, still make the occasional wreath for the door. I have to stop looking at Pinterest and YouTube tutorials! I could spend a lot of $$ making all sorts of things at those sites.

    Ron, thank you, my friend. You've always been very supportive. :) Even though I make the cards, and give them to many people, I'm guilty of sometimes just sending a greeting via email or FB. It's just the way things are today.

    Birdie, I have a few scars from glue gun mishaps. And the carpet in my craft room has a few small clumps on it too from when I let the glue fall rather than burn another piece of tender skin.

    Valerie, thanks! I remember some posts of crafts you've done. Talented lady!
    I sure do adore my grands.

    Bijoux, yay for the painting stage! Now, I'm not all that great with paint. I've done some, but need drop sheets everywhere... and wet towels!

    Akelamalu, they make my heart sing, those little ones! And so does paper crafting! ;)


    Thanks, HT. Holiday eating always is a bit strange. So many combinations. All the sweets, and then I'd be into chips for the salt. And then probably complain I gained weight, because obviously I don't run.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I appreciate you!