Pages

Friday, May 10, 2013

Alex, earrings, Ollie

Alex turned six recently.  Six! 
Our sweet little preemie who spent weeks in the hospital ....

is growing so big!  We took him to the toy store for a few goodies and before we left he had fun on a couple rides by the exit.  



A newer creation.  If I wore earrings, I would soooo be claiming this pair as mine.  Made with brass from a company I quite like called Vintaj, metal beads and Swarovski crystals.  The Buddha behind them is actually a lamp that belonged to my girlfriend.  When she moved years ago, it didn't make the cut.  She knew I'd be thrilled to have it.  

Our dog Ollie.  He's getting older and his hair is turning white.  

He still has good energy.   Please disregard the horror that is our lawn.


Happy Mother's Day weekend.  If you have children, are you doing anything special with them to celebrate the holiday?   I'll see my kids but we have no specific plans.  My daughter and son-in-law have been doing a DIY project at their house of replacing their old deck and extending it to hold the patio set and grill.  If that gets completed, they are supposed to have a belated birthday celebration for Alex.  My choice for food on Sunday.   I have a hard time with decisions sometimes, so it'll probably be a last minute craving that will take us somewhere.  ;)   

Whatever you are doing this weekend, enjoy!!  

14 comments:

  1. My oldest daughter brought home a big box of donuts for me this morning! I neve buy treats like that, so I'm super excited for coffee a d creme sticks tonite! Happy Mothers Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My niece was a preemie and I thought she would never be as big as other kids. She is 7 now and one of the biggest kids in her class.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mary!
    Your grandson is getting so big!! Ollie is looking quite distinguished!! I don't like it when they get old...it is so very hard...due to the attachment we have for them! On Sunday, my daughter and I are going to a new diner in the city for brunch. I am really looking forward to spending some time with her as she doesn't have very much spare time. Happy Mother's Day M!!
    xo
    Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Mary, having known you for so many years (6 years)and watching Alex grow into a little man, it touched my heart so to see that first photo of him!

    OMG...how SWEET!!!!

    I had a friend in Florida who was a nurse that specialized in preemies at the Arnold Palmer Hospital in Orlando. She LOVED her job!

    And as ALWAYS, your jewelry creations always make me go, WOW! Lovely earrings. And I love how you always display them. So professional. And being someone who collects Buddhas, I am SO digging that lamp!

    And what a great photo of Ollie!

    HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY, my friend! Wishing you a glorious day, whatever you do!

    (((((( You ))))))

    X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Mary. First of all, Happy Mother's Day. It was some weeks back in the UK but I do get an extra card from Oz as they celebrate theirs this weekend.

    Love the picture of Alex. The start of his life must have been quite anxious for you and his Mom... thank God he has now grown into a little man.

    And of course, I love, love, love your dog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah they grow up so quickly don't they? Our eldest grandson will be 14 in August - I can hardly believe it!

    Love those earrings and the Buddha is divine!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My, Alex is such a beautiful little guy!

    Isn't amazing how the time flies?

    I can remember bouncing my nieces on my lap and now one is 25 and the other is 18!

    Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a cute kid ya got there! And is that Toys-R-Us? I recognize those rides. I think it's a law that each Toys-R-Us provides at least one motion ride by their front doors. Our Tyler is a fan of 'em as well! Heh...

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's a cutie of a son you have there, and happy belated Mother's Day! By the way, that is the kind of earring that I REALLY LOVE. I love chandelier earrings, I love that metal brass look, and I love that color. So pretty. Lorna

    ReplyDelete
  11. I wish I was an earring person too. I've been wearing the same set of gold sleepers since the 80s. Real earrings feel like Christmas ornaments. HA!

    Happy belated Mothers Day! I hope it was grand!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Alex looks awesome, and you would never know he was a preemie. Hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day and were spoiled rotten. I also love the name Ollie for a dog. He looks like a good boy too. Take care and enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats! I have nominated you for the Liebster award. Please go to the post where I nominated your blog. There you will find 11 questions to answer as an acceptance for the award and it is now your task to nominate 11 worthy bloggers!

    http://cestlavie22.wordpress.com/2013/05/21/always-making-a-late-entrance/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Bijoux, we have a couple places near us that make thee best cream donuts. Dang, why did I have to go on a dairy free diet?!! lol

    Birdie, they sure can do a lot today for preemies. Unfortunately, my mom lost her first child, but way back then they weren't as able to handle the wee ones.

    Jeanne, so nice that you and your daughter got some time together! It is a shame when our furry friends get older. Our neighbor just had to put her kitty to sleep. So sad.

    Ron, he's come a long way since being under 4 lbs at birth, huh? Thanks for the compliments.
    We ended up in Philly... again. Mother's Day was wonderful... pictures to follow soon.

    Valerie, thanks! And,Happy *belated* Mother's day to you, too!
    Ollie is a darling of a dog. Quirky personality.

    Akelamalu, Fourteen! Yes, they certainly do grow up fast. I have a few assorted Buddha statues around. *smile*

    Rob, thank you. Alex really is a dear little guy. He's so funny too. Love him!!!

    HT, yup Toys R Us! Who carries cash anymore though, and especially coins. ha! I had to ask the cashier for change. They should do complimentary ride with purchase. ;)

    Lorna, thanks for the wishes and compliment. Alex is actually my grandson. I've always liked the chandelier type earrings too. There's a gypsy in me somewhere! LOL

    Heartinhand, yes, thank you, it was a most excellent Mother's Day. We went to Philadelpha and toured an interesting little gallery.

    Mr. Shife, oh, definitely was spoiled! :) Our son named Ollie... after a skateboard maneuver. I call him Oliver when he's naughty though. haha!

    Cestlavie22, thank you. I'll play just as soon as I get time to think of the answers and compose a post.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I appreciate you!