I got a greeting card order recently and the girl came over today for pickup. While here she added a few extra to her purchase. One of them was a shell card. Not this one specifically, but one like it that said 'Happy Birthday'. I haven't made this style card in awhile but with summer coming I might get back to them. Each little shell is individuallly glued on. Crazy, huh? I think they are unique looking though.
During a bit of drizzly weather was the perfect time to power wash the patio. Ours sure needed it! Hubby worked for awhile...
Most of the yard cleanup was on me this year. Hubby's been too busy to take care of it all. It's been alot of work for a small yard but I'm glad I made the effort. Slow but noticeable progress. More to do... mulching and putting in few plants, really just enough to be presentable out there again.
This is Rev. He doesn't love the outdoors as much as Ollie does but he did hang out with me for a little while.
Hubby had to work the day I did the bulk of the cleanup, but he brought me a juice before he left. All together now ... awww! Love that man of mine. :)
Guess who turned 29 recently???
Yes, my lovely daughter is a grown woman, where do the years go? Ah, this means I'm getting old. haha! Yup, I feel it some days. We had a nice night out. Popped open a bottle of bubbly, feasted on all-you-can eat sushi, then back to their house for cake.
I have many more photos to post, mostly from Mother's Day, and will get to them (hopefully) in the next few days.
Hope you all enjoy a very happy and safe holiday weekend. Be excellent to each other. xo








Good job on the getting ready for summer clean up. We've been doing the same. My baby is graduating next weekend and last weekend, I turned 50. Feeling old myself.
ReplyDeletePS. I love the card, but it's more like a work of art!
ReplyDeleteInteresting card. I'll have to try that.
ReplyDeleteThose powerwashers are amazing. It is so rewarding to see instant results from your work.
Love the card, Mary. You have reminded me that we need to get the hose out. Maybe I will when the snow/rain/wind disappears.
ReplyDeleteAh, springtime activity! It sounds wonderful, the way you both work together on the yard. :-)
ReplyDelete"Each little shell is individuallly glued on. Crazy, huh? I think they are unique looking though."
ReplyDeleteYup...I have that beautiful card. Remember? You sent it to me!! I actually mailed it to my mother when she was first diagnosed with cancer, to tell her how grateful I was that she was my mother.
LOVE the baby photo of your daughter. OMG...how CUTE! And the one of you and she is just beautiful! Happy Belated Birthday to her!
Have a lovely holiday weekend, neighbor! Thank god the humidity has left us because it was so hot these past four days.
X
I love your cards, the ones you sent me are in a box, I can't bear to part with them, not even to give to someone really special.
ReplyDeleteWe jet-washed our patio and paths a few weeks ago, it makes such a difference doesn't it?
Our garden is looking lovely at the moment but it just isn't warm enough to sit out and enjoy it.
I LOVE that shell card. I wish I was even remotely creative enough to do something like that. BTW Happy B-day to your daughter!
ReplyDeleteYour daughter has your eyes!
ReplyDeleteI need to blog with pictures more.
That dog is gorgeous...and so are you! Happy day!
You are wonderful for helping with yard/outdoor work! I hate it and won't help a bit! LOL
ReplyDeleteYour daughter is as lovely as her mom. Hope her day was wonderful!
Gosh, you got a lot of work done.
ReplyDeleteI love the greeting cards with the shells. My mom would've been crazy about them!
Your daughter is lovely. Wishing you and her the best!
Great pics! And I'll echo my love for power washers. I power washed the front and backyard this weekend as well before we had company over for our party. There's nothing like walking around in the backyard in bare feet on a freshly washed patio! Heh...
ReplyDeleteGreat job on the yard and the greeting card too. I don't even want to do the math on how old I will be when my oldest will be 29. You and your daughter look great and sounds like you had a wonderful time celebrating her birthday. Enjoy your weekend as well.
ReplyDeleteBijoux, Happy *belated* birthday!! Hope the 50's are awesome for you.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the compliment.
Congrats on your baby graduating!
R.J., Since hubby does painting work for a living he has assorted equipment to use for projects here... it's just a matter of finding the time.
Valerie, thank you. Snow?! My friend lives in Colorado and gets odd weather there. It's very hot and humid here in the summer, but I do love the beginning and middle to each of our seasons. Towards the end, I'm anticipating the next.
Lorna, my hubby has always done more outside our home than I have. I go thru times when I enjoy fixing up out there and other years when I couldn't be bothered at all.
Ron, yes I do remember sending you cards for when you did the highlight on your review blog. I hadn't remembered one being that shell card exactly. So nice you sent it to your mom.
Isn't that baby picture just precious!! It's not possible that I have a 29 year old daughter when I'm only 29 myself. ;) hehe
Akelamalu, so glad you liked them! I'm sure it's just a matter of time before the weather is more agreeable for sitting out. From what I remember of pics you've posted, your yard is quite lovely.
Cestlavie22, thank you. I'm sure you would do just fine once getting the hang of it. The scrapbooking/cardmaking materials available today are so cool and easy to use. Try it!
Heartinhand, thanks, you're sweet. More pictures of that sweet baby... less of those creepy caterpillars. haha! OMG, I was just shaking my head and saying NO WAY, I was all freaked out just raking my yard and seeing a few centipedes and other bugs. They are under stuff though, not taking over.
Nitebyrd, some years I don't do much at all outside. I've wanted a canopy and new patio set for awhile though and it just didn't seem worth spending the extra money when our yard looked as bad as it did.
Thanks, she did enjoy herself.
Rob, thank you. Moms love homemade stuff! Mine would have appreciated them, too. I have an old album of cards that she saved from when I was born.
I was feeling quite good about the yard work I'd done, and then wandered over to my neighbor's house this morning to see a project the husband is doing. Wow, I'm really behind. We definitely aren't keeping up with the Joneses. LOL
HermanTurnip, since hubby owns the power washer we should be doing more frequent cleanup. Not enough time or motivation some years I guess. Happy to get it done this year though. And, I love to walk around in bare feet!
Mr. Shife, thank you! It seems strange sometimes... thinking about how old our kids are and that we have grandchildren now. Well, my body tells me every day that I'm not getting any younger. ha!
Hope you enjoy the weekend also.
Hey M! Loved all the pictures!! Happy Belated Birthday to your daughter...mine is 27 and I cannot hardly believe it...where on earth do the years go?? The seashell card is just beautiful! It is one of my favorites!! Your yard looks great...my husband is the caretaker of our yard! Hope all's well...xo Jeanne
ReplyDelete