I recently started a photo album at FB for 'then' and 'now' photos. One set of pics I'm NOT posting there is the issue I'm having with my hair, but I will include them here since I've already told my readers about it. Because the dermatologist doesn't know me or my hair I went thru some photos and printed out a couple to take to my appointment next week. This was from January. Thick and full.
Then it started to get thinner and a bit more scraggly looking by late May.
This was today. The crown area. Yes, I had a good cry about it.
While trying to pick thru the knots more came out, I added some of it to a bag I'm taking to the dermatologist's office next week. Then my husband came home, I cried some more, we snuggled on the bed for a little while and then ordered Chinese food for dinner. He offered to help me condition it and get the rest of the knots out but I said no. I just pulled it back into a bun and got busy with other things.
Here are some of the other 'then' and 'now' pics I've been working on. This is of me and my son during his first Christmas in 1993.
He just turned 20. I can hardly believe it!
And here we are just recently while celebrating her 29th birthday.
Ollie was such a sweet little puppy.
And he's a sweet older dog too. I think this was from about 2 1/2 ago.
Before we were married. Ron was a romantic guy then just as he is now. Love him!!
About a month ago while at the cherry orchards.
Me holding my darling granddaughter after she was born.
And us just last weekend. She'll be 4 in a few months.
Holding my precious preemie grandson after he was born.
And I still get to hold him and he can hold me too! He's 6 years old.
Wayyyy back when... my mom's cousin spent a lot of time with me when I was young. Sadly, we lost touch for awhile.
I'm happy to say that quite a few years ago we got back in touch and have gone out for lunch and dinner, chatted on the phone, etc. She's had us to her house for dinners too and it's always a good time.
I've got a couple boxes of photos, plus many pictures on my camera discs, so there are many more to share. I should have them organized better. Maybe I'll make that a project one of these days....


















That was a great trip down memory lane! A few of your pics and descriptions really put a smile on my face. Great way to ring in the upcoming weekend. Thanks! :-)
ReplyDeleteEnjoyed looking at your family pictures, Mary, and the doggy ones too. I hope something can be done about your hair or scalp problem. Let us know how you get on with the dermatologist.
ReplyDeleteGreat to see the photos thru the years.
ReplyDeleteI am so sorry, Mary. There has to be an explanation, that's the good thing. There has to be, and you will find it. When you do, your hair will grow back.
ReplyDeleteI have had jawbone pain on and off for almost a year, but continuously for several months...I hold onto the same truth--that this will eventually pass, that there is a reason, that good professionals in time will find that. As long as there is life there is hope...
I have been reading about the journey of a woman--Lauren E. Miller--a life coach who survived breast cancer. She lost both her breasts and her hair and she writes about how hard it is because these two things are how women are defined in our culture. She was gradually able to accept herself as she was and be grateful to survive. I too am very attached to my hair--if it just looks not that great I can feel bad--so I can only imagine how hard it is with all of those beautiful long locks. Our hair feels like it IS our beauty. But we are so much more! I wish you all the best with this and hope you have good news for us soon.
I liked the other pictures too! xoO
Oh, God, I'm so sorry, Mary. I truly hope you get to the bottom of this as soon as possible.
ReplyDeleteYour hair was, is, and will always be beautiful!
Love the old time photos. It's amazing how quickly time goes by!
Thank you for the comment you left on my blog I too am a friend of Jane's I am sorry to read about the issue you are having I hope you will be able to find out the cause and a remedy. I love your pictures.
ReplyDeleteI so feel for you Mary on the hair thing, I would be devastated if it happened to me but hopefully the doc will be able to help you.
ReplyDeleteLoved looking at your family photos. x
I have probably known you now about 4-5 years, so I've seen the growth of both your children and grandchildren. And it never ceases to amaze how much they resemble you and Ron. It's like they have BOTH your features!
ReplyDeleteVery nice-looking family you have, Mary!
Love the shots of Ollie! And OMG...he LOOKS like sweet dog, both as a pup and an older dog.
I am so hoping that your doctor can find out what's going on with your hair, because I know this cannot be easy, my friend.
Sending you a BIG hug of Reiki....
(((((((((((( You )))))))))))))))
X
P.S. And can you BELIEVE this heat we're having here in our parts? They say that next week will be cooler. Whew!
Hi Mary, I am so sorry to hear about what is going on with your hair...perhaps it is just a vitamin deficiency or medication? I, too, have been SO frustrated waiting and waiting on a diagnosis...and being poked and prodded amd still the medical bills keep piling up. I sure hope we both find answers soon! I adore all of your pictures! Ron is right...they do ave both of your features! What a sweet pup!
ReplyDeleteXo Jeanne
I love the photos Mary! Honestly, your son looks so much like hubby.
ReplyDeleteI totally hear you on the hair thing. My hair is very naturally curly like yours. When menopause started sneaking in, I noticed it was starting to thin. Crazy because my hair has always been MEGA thick. Now it is always dried out and it hardly grows anymore. And did I mention that I have to color it at least every two weeks now? I'm sure you'll get to the bottom of this problem. Just don't be surprised if it all has to do with changing hormones. My body has changed so much in the past few years that I hardly know where the old me went :)
your grand and mine are the same age, 4 is cool
ReplyDeletesorry about the hair issues, hope the dr can offer some good solutions
Love these pics! What a lovely glimpse into your life!
ReplyDeleteHave your thyroid checked and if it's good, I blame the damn menopause too. My everything is out of whack.