I started this post and then it hung out in the draft folder for awhile.... but it's better than nothing, right?!
The other day I caught a segment of Gerardo Mejia being interviewed by Katie Couric. You might not know him by that name... but say 'Rico Suave' and a lot of people will instantly know the song. It peaked at #7 on Billboard's Hot 100 chart on April 13, 1991, and reached #2 on the Hot Rap Singles chart a week earlier. Yes, I have one of his cd's. It's not the one Rico Suave is on, however, I do have the single on my iPod. Oh you know that I do!
So he's been married with kids for quite awhile now. Last night, his family and Sisqo's family were featured on the show 'Celebrity Wife Swap' and I tuned in... well, until the torrential rains blocked the signal on our t.v. satellite.
BTW, that rain wasn't going to keep Ron from grilling. Friends were coming over for dinner and he wanted bbq. When it started to rain so hard I offered to cook the meat inside but you just can't come between a man and his new grill I guess. He took my craft tent outside....
And before too long he was grillin' in the rain.
It was very yummy! He did a good job. :)
Update on the hair saga....
The condition is called 'Telogen Effluvium' and it's very common. Pfft, I don't want to have what everyone else has, ya know! Can't it just be some exotic thing coming from way too much personality. Ha! Anyway, it can occur for different reasons...stress, hormones, deficiencies, etc. and whatever it is that happens causes the hair to go into a premature phase of rest. My dermatologist said at this point it's a waiting game. She sees new growth at the temples, and I have quite a bit of gray, so it's doing stuff... just very slowly. It still continues to come out a lot though, too. *sigh* So, I'm still wearing it in the 'hot mess' bun and some even compliment me on the style. I could spend hundreds of dollars on cuts, coloring, products, etc. and no one would say a thing or I can pull the ratty mess up and cover the gray roots with some rust and brown colored blending chalk (from my craft room for use on greeting cards) and people like it. Go figure?
In other news....
Our phone and internet are out at home. Verizon totally sucks right now. We had some rain and lightening on Friday and that's when it went out. The CSA told us it would be Tuesday until someone could even come out. AND, because we don't have a maintenance plan we may be charged extra. I see us making some changes to our service as I'm hearing more and more how bad Verizon is. Not that Comcast is all that much better in some ways.... but at this point Verizon has my panties in a bunch!
Many thanks for the comments on my last post... love you all!! xo
I'll catch up with your blogs again just as soon as possible.




Mary, I LOVE that song! You have seen me dancing my seat as I played the video - HA! What a GREAT song!!!
ReplyDelete"BTW, that rain wasn't going to keep Ron from grilling."
HA! Love that! You GO, Ron!!!!
And thanks for the update on your hair because I was going to ask in my comment how things went with your doctor.
"Verizon totally sucks right now."
THANK YOU! I don't know whether you read on my blog, but I was without phone AND Internet service for a WEEK. And up until that point, I had trouble with my service since July 21st! Oh boy...did Verizon had my panties in a bunch as well. I called and screamed at them all week. But they are going to credit my account for every single day I was without service.
And truthfully, I'm thinking of switching to AT&T anyway. Cheaper and much better service.
Take care, my friend. Hasn't the weather this weekend been gorgeous?
X
Hey, I could be Ron's twin. Sunday is BBQ day at our house. Come rain or torrential downpour I'm going to grill up some steaks or fish. NOTHING is going to stop me in this quest ;-)
ReplyDeleteI think it is a man thing Mary...they MUST grill! Whatever...right? I am so sorry to hear you are dealing with the hair stuff still. I, too, am still waiting on results. It started in April when I broke my thumb and it has not let up! At least the weather has been fabulous! Temps in the 70s...I love it! Take care!! Xo Jeanne
ReplyDeleteI have a man, but he doesn't do ANY grilling. Do you think it's because of something I said or did?
ReplyDeleteAbout the hair: you say people like the hot mess bun ... could be that people love you any which way. After all, it's the YOU that counts.
Naturally, being in the UK, I don't have Verizon. However, I have learned to hate it because of the problems it causes to my blogging friends.
Keep smiling, Mary.
My husband has been known to grill, holding an umbrella! Cracks me up, but he insists.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you found out what was going on with your hair. And it's stressful when they tell you it can be caused by stress!
You've got my sympathies on the phone problems and you'll see why when you read my last post. Gah!
Ron, I have such a crazy mix on my iPod! I sometimes still prefer older tunes anyway, especially ones that make me feel like dancing! lol
ReplyDeleteSo, we're staying with Verizon because we've heard the other horror stories from people using other companies. They all have us in one way or another.
HT, I'm glad he likes his new grill. Less for me to do. I fix the condiments/side dishes inside while he's out cooking the meat. Teamwork!
Jeanne, we've had a wet summer which isn't always so good but the temps are nice anyway. We were actually able to use the canopy/furniture when cousins were visiting from out of town. Lit the tiki torches, had some drinks. Good times!
Thank you, Valerie. I do tend to be a bit critical of myself. My people do love me for me and not the hair. :) Sadly, many big companies seem to lack something with customer service at one point or another.
Bijoux, at least they like to grill. Nice to share the cooking sometimes. My son even helped a little bit a couple times. His burgers were a little toooo rare for my liking, but he'll get used to it.