Pages

Monday, August 12, 2013

Happy Blogiversary to me!

Six years!  Can you believe it?  Well, some of my posts were so boring I made myself yawn.  Others were cool because they were filled with photos!  Makes up for the fact that I suck at writing.  Heh!
So,  I still have no theme and post whenever I feel like it...  but dammit, Blogger, I just can't quit you!   And I'm very thankful to those of you who come by and leave me comment love.  {HUGS}

1.  I have a great relationship with my sister again!  Yes, we fought after our father died and didn't speak for years but with the birth of my grandson she and her husband came back into our lives and we've built a new relationship with them.  That makes me happy.  She's my only sibling and I love her.
2.  My toenails are painted a Sally Hansen color called 'Gone Grey'.  Hey, just like the roots of my hair! 

In other news...
Our phones/internet at home are working again!  Tech came a day early and was very nice.  The problem was fixed quickly and I called Verizon right away to tell them how happy I was with the visit. My husband and I were both pretty upset about our conversations with customer service prior to the service call and we were seriously considering going with another company.  The man who came out today is probably the main reason why I'm okay keeping things as they are.  Verizon should give him a raise or at least overtime so those of us who have a problem on a Friday don't have to stew for a long weekend over the horrors of corporate greed and outsourcing jobs to foreign countries.  Oh, don't even get me started on all that.... 

We have a special Democratic primary tomorrow to fill the seat of Senator Lautenberg, who died in June.   I'm voting for Cory Booker, the mayor of Newark.   

I'm currently reading 'The Physick Book of Deliverance Dane' by Katherine Howe.  It's about a woman in modern day who discovers she has a connection to Salem and the witch trials.  
Am patiently awaiting the release of Stephen King's sequel to The Shining.  Doctor Sleep comes out next month!

I need to find my creative muse.  She's run off again, probably sipping wine at a villa in Tuscany, the  elusive little bitch.  And here I am, wondering if turning my craft room into a spare bedroom might be a better use of the space.  One would have come in handy last weekend when hubby's cousin visited for 2 nights.  The couch was okay but a comfy little bed and bit of privacy would have been nicer.  
Oh, I don't know.  I have had a few fleeting moments of good thoughts about my small business lately and then I'm right back on my bed with one hand in the potato chip bag and the other changing channels to watch snippets of movies I've already seen dozens of times.  Hey, that raptor scene with the kids in the kitchen at the end of Jurassic Park is really intense though.   
I'll get out of my rut eventually and start creating again.  Maybe just booking an end of summer home party here at my house would be one way to get good energy going again.  
What helps get YOU motivated when you're stuck on something?  

Will be around to catch up on all your blogs soon.  Right now, I'm going to get a hot bath and treat my hair to some nice conditioner.   

Have a wonderful week, dear ones!  







14 comments:

  1. Er, excuse me, who said you suck at writing? What rubbish. You are what I call a chatty writer, and I love it.

    My creativity has taken the downward slope. Occasionally I look at the box of tricks and think.... perhaps tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW doesn't time fly? I just had a reckon up and I've been blogging just over 6 years, can't believe it's been that long!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad your technology problems were resolved and glad I found you through Ron!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAPPY BLOGIVERSARY, M!!!!

    Woot! Woot!

    You and I started about the same time. It will be 6 years for me on Sept 13th. And I can still remember the moment when you and I met through our blogs - it seems like yesterday!

    So glad we connected!

    ((((( You )))))

    And so glad you got your service restored. Yeah...I had the same issues with Verizon and their customer service. However, yesterday I spoke to someone about having my bill credited, who was wonderful. I told him that he was the first and that because of him, I would keep my service. But I'll tell ya, one more screw up like I just experienced, and it's on to AT&T!

    My creative muse at the moment is pretty good; keeping me busy with learning more about photography. I share so many different topics on my blog that if one topic seems dry I switch to something else, which then seems to give me more creative juice for the others. I sorta just follow were my passion at the time takes me.

    Have a wonderful week, neighbor!

    X





    ReplyDelete
  5. I happen to love your writing! Happy 6 years. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. WooHoo! Congrats on the anniversary! It's funny how quickly time flies. Thus far it's been a blast reading your writes, and I hope you keep it up for yet another six years! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Blogiversary, girl!

    Here's to another 6 or more!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy blogoversary! You are like me you post what you want, when you want! There should be no other way!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on the anniversary. That is awesome and hope you have many more years of blogging. Have a great weekend, and I would have voted for Cory Booker as well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, Mary, happy bog-a-versay! I'm so sorry that I'm responding so late! Congratulations and all the best for the coming years!

    As far as motivation, well, being raised Catholic means an endless supply of guilt and that is some help--when it isn't holding me back.

    Getting started is the hardest part, so it's just best to get moving. Even if your initial efforts are terrible, at least you've started the journey.

    And that's about all I have to offer.

    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Valerie, there I go again... critiquing myself! LOL Okay, chatty writer is a good description. I could have nothing to say and that would be rather boring.

    Akelamalu, yes it does! I've enjoyed visiting your blog over the years. You have wonderful things to share.

    Bijoux, I'm glad for our connection! :)

    Ron, I still remember leaving some dialogue from a movie on your blog one time. That was wayyyy back. Something from 'Goodfellas' when Tommy says 'what do you mean I'm funny'... LOL
    Oh, YES, your creative photography muse is front and center! Awesome pics.

    Birdie, thanks much. I love your writing, too!

    HT, thank you! I've enjoyed visiting your page and look forward to more good stuff.

    Nitebyrd, thanks, hon! I'm glad we got connected.

    Cestlavie22, some are very good at keeping to a schedule and finding interesting topics. I have a lot going on in my head but just don't always get it typed to a post. LOL It is what it is. I'm glad for those who stick with me.

    Mr. Shife, thank you! I've been watching CB for awhile and hope he does well. Weekend was great, a couple cousins visited from out of town.

    Rob, no worries, I'm always behind in visiting. Thanks for your thoughts. I actually did just start on a new journey recently and will posting about it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Mary! I adore your writing!! Don't ever stop as I would miss you!! When I was reading that you had been blogging for six years, I just had to go and check as I was wondering how long I had been blogging. It will be SEVEN YEARS soon...so very hard to believe!! Congratulations on your Blogoversary!! My creative muse comes and goes...sometimes I just don't have the time! Especially running back and forth between home and cottage...coupled with all of my medical issues lately. I long for about a week all by myself...locked in my craft room! Hope you are feeling better! xo Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey Mary...it's me again! I have been meaning to ask you...have you ever tried Paper Quilling?? Is it difficult? I stopped at ACMoore the other day and they had this cute little kit with all of the "stuff" that one can start with. It seems like it would be kind of a fun diversion...something fun to put on a few cards. Honestly, I have been purchasing cards lately as I just haven't had the time to make any! Shhhhh.....don't tell anyone!! I have checked out some of your crafting friends...over there on your sidebar...very talented peeps!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Jeanne, thank you! I'd miss you too. Wow, 7 for you! That's great. I know what you mean about the time. Maybe for me it's not so much not having it but just not being good at managing it. Hmm, sounds like I need to add another class to the September lineup. LOL
    OH, paper quilling I have not actually tried, but wanted to awhile back. Lately, I haven't made any cards at all and will resort to buying them myself if necessary.
    It's been forever since I updated my other blogs. I have a hard enough time keeping current at this one.
    Hope you are feeling better, too! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I appreciate you!