Bijoux says....
I was going to ask how you met Your husband as well. He is very hot! LOL!
Since I covered how we met in the last post, here are just some photos of my HOTTIE! hehe I don't mind sharing. ;) Actually, I did ask his permission to post these. He doesn't really like getting his picture taken most of the time, but he knows that I *fix* our photos when necessary... which means pretty much all.the.time.
This is one of my fav photos of Ron. I took it on a short local camping trip we took in 1983. He was laying in our little pup tent looking sweet and charming.
Hmm... I don't remember when I took this. It's in our bedroom. He had just come out of the shower and his long, beautiful hair was still wet. What was that I said about him not liking his picture being taking.... strike a pose, baby! ha!
I took this during our 25th anniversary trip to Cancun. We were both enjoying a nice view.
People used to tell Ron that he looked like the bassist from Metallica, Rob Trujillo. So he posed for this picture for a doppelgänger post on FB.
He's no wild metalhead though... just a quiet guy who'd rather hang out with his dogs these days than go to a rock concert.
Shake it, work it. He's been painting so long he's pretty good at finding his own shortcuts. No ladders needed that day.
Alex made him a hat. :)
When I told him what I was posting he says... eh, I'm real sexy in my sweats and cap, huh? So I started teasing him and taking pictures. He finally said NO MORE! haha
He's my love. He is sexy.
How did you feel about becoming a grandma in your 40's? I'm 51 and still can't even handle the thought!
Even though it was a bit of a shock when my daughter first told me she was pregnant, and there were a few issues to deal with, it became wonderful pretty quickly. I was younger (19) when I had her than she was with Alex (23). I absolutely LOVE having grandchildren!!! Since I was younger, I didn't want to use the name Grandmom or any similar variation, so I picked Mimi for them to call me. :)
With preemie Alex
With Sierra
Feeding CJ
My grand darlings!
Valentine visit
Mother's Day get together
Snuggling with CJ
Our princess let me borrow her crown.
Fun with mustaches
Before walking Alex to his bus stop
He's a big happy baby!
Thanks for the questions!




















What a great selection of photographs of Ron, Mary! From knowing you these past 7 years, I remember seeing photographs of him with his long hair. And didn't he cut it once a year and donate it to Locks of Love? Love the shot of him with the dog. Is that Ollie? And the one of him playing Scrabble with his Pop Pop hat is priceless! Beautiful capture of you and he!
ReplyDeleteAdorable shots of you with your grandchildren!
Thanks so much for sharing, neighbor! Hey, did you get as much snow as we did today in your area? It just stopped snowing here about an hour an ago.
Have a super weekend!
X
Hi, Ron! Yes, he did cut it multiple times. Hmm... three or four. The last time he donated it to Pantene Beautiful Lengths because there seems to be some controversy with L of L and we wanted to give elsewhere. I loved his long hair, but it was a lot to manage. And now that he's older, the short cut is much nicer for him.
ReplyDeleteOllie is funny dog. I posted a picture on FB today of him romping in the snow. haha
OMG, the snow has been falling and falling. Ron's job was shut down but our son had to go over to Philly for his. So a few hours after he left we had to dig out for him to have parking for when he came back home and then shoveled again so Ron could get his truck out to go check on his parents. We helped our neighbor shovel too as she's older and her son hadn't arrived yet so since we were already out we just did a bit more. I'm exhausted!!! LOL The plows have been coming and have the streets around here passable, but now they are starting to get pretty icy. Winter really wanted one.last.blast! That's okay, we'll appreciate Spring all the more because of it.
Have a great weekend, too, neighbor. Thanks!
Such wonderful family pictures. Infants really appeal to me and I wish I had even more grandchildren to hug. So I hug the ones I have as much as they will let me. Family fun is the best.
ReplyDeleteNice pictures of your husband and grandchildren. My husband hates having his picture taken so I have to be sneaky about getting them
ReplyDeleteI adore these photographs, Mary, especially the ones of you snuggling with CJ and Ron with the dog. Sadly we're sadly lacking in the grandchildren stakes so I relish seeing other people's.
ReplyDeleteR.J. My daughter can't have any more children (although she did fostering for awhile, so there's always that possibility) and my son is still young (not quite 22) and I'm more than happy to wait a good long while for any from him.
ReplyDeleteAnn, thank you! I try to not bother Ron too much for photos, not as much as I'm clicking away with our grands anyway. The kids are such posers though! They know I love photos and are happy to indulge me.
Valerie, Ron has always loved dogs. All his and ours have had their different personalities, but Ollie... he's got a little something extra. ;) Come by for a photo peek anytime!
(Been on vacation, so sorry for delay in response).......Ron is very sexy indeed! And he is just as hot now as when he was younger! Thanks for the eye candy...LOL
ReplyDeleteYou and your grand kids are adorable, but I'm still not ready!
How did I miss this post? So much love surrounding you.
ReplyDelete