Yikes, I do wander out of Blogland for long periods of time, don't I?
I did not forget about your questions... here are some more and my answers:
From Valerie:
Wow what a great idea.
I can't think of any really intelligent questions to ask but here's a few off the cuff.
Which season is your favourite,spring, summer, autumn or winter?
I really enjoy all the seasons and am happy to live in an area where we get can experience each of them fully, however, my favorite is AUTUMN! Absolutely!
Do you have a favourite 'forbidden' food?
I probably like too many 'forbidden' foods ... bacon is probably the main one...
or french fries. Or french fries topped with bacon and cheese. LOL
What's your take on nature questions, for example are you a bird watcher?
I like being in nature, but am not much of a bird watcher. I enjoy them but wouldn't be able to identify too many.
Walking or just sitting outdoors (when the weather isn't too hot) is wonderful.
From Lorna:
1. Have you ever been mean to an animal? What caused it?
Oh, I love animals and would never be mean to one on purpose. Well, as children, we caught fireflies in our hands and cupped them to see their light or put them in jars ... I'm sure some of the didn't survive. It wasn't an intentional hurt though. Okay, okay... probably a few spiders didn't make it out of my basement alive. ;)
2. Do you bathe or shower? Why?
I'm a bubble bath lover. Unless it's super hot and I'm outside maybe doing yard work (not that that happens all that often) or some other activity and need the coolness of a shower to get rid of feeling sticky and sweaty, I just prefer a warm sudsy soak. It's relaxing.
3.If you had a one-way trip to either the future or the past, where would you go and what
would you hope for there?
Since I tend to live in the past a little too much sometimes... I think I'll say that I'd go to the future. Maybe about 10 years from now, check out what's going on with family and friends... see if there's something really awful happening or that had happened and maybe I can come back with the knowledge of it so that I can help change the outcome. Although... you start messing with time or one event and then that could change so many other things that might not be any better. So that's a hard question.
I'll be coming around for a visit soon, y'all! Hope everyone is doing great and getting ready for a wonderful summer.
Glad you came back!
ReplyDeleteMmmm, bacon. Is there anyone out there that doesn't like bacon? Even strict vegans must like the taste of it.
ReplyDeleteYaaaaaaaaaay! So glad to see you back, Mary! You've been on my mind lately; wondering how you've been. Hope you had a fantastic Memorial Day! Can you believe it's almost SUMMER?
ReplyDeleteLoved the questions from both Valeriee and Lorna, and I so enjoyed reading your answers!
Me too, Autumn is my favorite season!
And I feel the same way about bathing and showering. Nothing feels better than soaking in a warm bath (especially in the winter), but summertime it's usually showers for me.
"Although... you start messing with time or one event and then that could change so many other things that might not be any better."
Yup, I totally agree!
Again, great to see you back, my friend! You've been missed.
X
If you ever want to shuck your bacon addiction, just try chicken or turkey bacon. Guaranteed to make you think twice.
ReplyDeleteI'd go back to the 30s but I'd try to land somewhere near the Gatsby house.
Whoopee, she's back!
ReplyDeleteGood to see you blogging again, Mary, even though it may just be a short visit.
I have two loves on your list... bacon and bathing, though not both together. I could eat bacon forever, however, and very unfortunately, bathing is out. I have to shower these days because once in the bath I can't get out. Sad, huh?
Welcome back.
ReplyDeleteI mostly shower, but I sure love bubble baths. I need to put that on the list this weekend. And although I am not a "birder," I do notice them and can identify the ones who come to feeder.
Hey, Mary, great to see ya!
ReplyDeleteOkay bacon lover....what about chocolate covered bacon?!?!
ReplyDeleteHallllooooooooooooo?
ReplyDeleteWhere did ya go?