Pages

Monday, November 2, 2015

Halloween

Hello!

Just to get my feet wet in Blogland again … let me take it slow and post a few pictures.   Since it was just Halloween…. you might remember our hippie theme from a few years ago, then last year the bums found a party to crash, and this year we dressed up again…  
Seriously, are we cute or what?!?   ;)

It took me awhile to get ready.  Ron painted toilet paper rolls that I could put under my hair to raise it up and out a little bit.  Once I got it all in place with clips he sprayed it for me, then I added a bunch of stuff.  

I won the Best Costume prize at my girlfriend's party and received a gift card for the effort!

My friend got this shot... soooo funny.  Ron wasn't really looking at me like it looks like he is, but must have just turned thinking she was done with the pictures… yeah, sure.  ha

So that's all I've got right now…. maybe I'll be back later for more updates.
Hope everyone is doing good and enjoying FALL!  


20 comments:

  1. Awesome and amazing costumes......once again!

    I was thinking about you the other day.....when a plane was flying REALLY low! Remember you posting about that once! XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are back! Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!


    You definitely deserved to win best costume.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, it's great to see you, one of two bloggers who have made a comeback today. It is a special day. Love that outfit. You definitely deserved to win. I remember that Halloween is a special time in the States.

    ReplyDelete
  4. *cheering loudly*

    BRAVA on your costume, Mary!!!! And I can see WHY you won Best Costume prize because it's AWESOME! You look FABULOUS! And I love Ron's idea about using toilet rolls to lift your hair. Very clever! And btw, I really like his costume as well. You guys made a great couple.

    I too am slowly easing my way back in Blogland and getting my feet wet. I started reading and commenting on blogs yesterday and plan on posting on my own blog soon, just to let everyone know what's been going on in my life and why I've been absent for so long.

    Anyway, my friend, hope you're enjoying Fall and having a super week!

    X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous costume - definitely deserved the win!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, Mary, you guys look great!Very creative outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great costumes. I can see why you won. That last picture cracks me up. It does look like he's checking you out

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely, and SERIOUSLY cute!! xoO

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome back, and glad to you have you back. I love that last picture. Too funny. Great job on the costumes. You certainly deserved best costume.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bijoux, always nice to be thought of! :) Ohh, the low-flying planes, yes! I wasn't out back much this summer so didn't actually notice them much this year.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Birdie, thank you! There were other very good costumes, but I was thrilled to win.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks, Valerie! Yes, we do enjoy it here. My son-in-law brought the grand darlings over all dressed up and ready for their treats… stickers, fruit, and a couple crafty things. Ooh, and a little stuffed elephant for the youngest. :) They get a lot of candy from other houses so I picked up a few different things for us to give them.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ron, thank you! It was a bit of a struggle to feel festive this year for different reasons, but we managed and ended up enjoying the night. My friend goes all out with parties… decorations, games, prizes, food, music.
    Glad to see you back to Blogland! I look forward to reading about what's going on with you. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Grace, thanks! I dressed as a Geisha years ago for a show we went to see in Philadelphia so I thought it would be cool to have another go at it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you, Rob. Sadly, my friend said it's the last year they'll host Halloween so we'll have to find other parties to crash if we feel festive next year. haha

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ann, thanks! We all had a good laugh about that. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you, Olivia! Getting all the stuff in and out of my hair was a small project. haha

    ReplyDelete
  18. Stubblejumpin Gal, thanks! For how long remains to be seen. Here now though! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Mr. Shife, thank you. It's good to be here and catching up. There were some other neat costumes… Rosie the Riveter, Yukon Cornelius (talk about creative… the guy's mother-in-law knitted the hat and beard, totally cute!), Alice and the Mad Hatter, etc.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I appreciate you!