I belong to a couple painting sites and there was a penny challenge so I joined in. I painted a bunch...and tried to sell them... because people were selling them.... $8, $10, $12. I don't know what the highest priced one went for. The ones I posted had no bids. *tears* There was private interest on this one, but have been busy and didn't get back to the woman... yet.
This is part of an order for a set of Scrabble tiles to spell a name. The initial ones will get inked, and at the beginning and end of the name will be a little scene. And the tiles will sit on a tray from the game. It's a gift for someone's desk.
Speaking of desks.... we were given an old kid's desk years ago. My daughter didn't want it for any of our grands, and no one else we asked was interested. Recently, I hauled it up out of the basement and started a project with it.
And it's been sitting in our living room for weeks.... still not finished. When I started to sand the top, because that distressed look was what I was going for, it sanded the red down really dull, to almost a brown color. So I'm thinking the top will get a decoupage and I'll spray the drawer pulls gold and call it done. I'm all about researching projects, and starting them, but seem to lack follow through to completion on some things.
How about you... thinker, procrastinator, finisher??



If something is going to take a lot of research and shopping around, I'm a huge procrastinator. We decided to remodel a half bath this year and besides looking at photos online, I haven't done a damn thing. I dread calling contractors, etc.
ReplyDeleteI'm quick with most other things, like cleaning!
Bijoux, Cleaning?? What's that? Ha. I joke... yet... if you dropped by... well, since you're quick with that... help a girl out!! ;)
ReplyDeleteIm good at thinking and procrastinating but not always good at finishing.
ReplyDeleteLove the idea with the scrabble tiles
I start a job with so much gusto and do it well. Then I get tired. Then overwhelmed. Near the end I just end up rushing the finishing part to be over and done with it. I will be posting later this week about it.
ReplyDeleteThat little tile is amazing!
Keep going. My urge to be creative has long since disappeared, although my work was never as ambitious as yours.
ReplyDeleteMary, your talent continues to impress me because you are SO creative in so many ways!
ReplyDeleteThe Scrabble tiles are genius!
And I LOVE how you transformed the desk and chair. The red and black have a such an Asian/Japanese feel!
I used to be more of a procrastinator because I would start too many things at once and then get overwhelmed, and then just kept putting them off. Now, I'm more of a thinker, planner and finisher because I take on one project at a time.
Have a FABULOUS Sunday!
X
I get all creative and then sort of fizzle out at the end. That's why I have so many half finished projects in my house. I really like the Scrabble tile, what a clever idea. Thanks for visiting my blog!
ReplyDeleteAnn, they have been popular at times in jewelry too. I recently tried make a hole for a bail and split the wood so that ended that and I put the lid back on my container or tiles... for now. ;)
ReplyDeleteThanks, Barbara. I will come by and read about that, probably shaking my head in agreement.
ReplyDeleteTiny painting is both fun and ridiculous at the same time. Just have to remember to not use any of the tiles in our actual game. haha
Valerie, thank you, I will try to. I remember some of your beautiful work!!
ReplyDeleteRon, thank you! Hey, that penny did sell ... and I tucked a couple extra ones into the card. :) The black/red/gold certainly does scream a theme... now if I could just get Geisha paper I'd decoupage the top with that! ha! But then I'd have to keep it and don't have a space anywhere for it. Ron figures it's just staying in the middle of the living room forever though...
ReplyDeleteLL Cool Joe, a pleasure to visit your blog. I'll be around again. :) People paint on the smallest things... a grain of sand! That won't be me!
ReplyDeleteWow, those are some teeny tiny paintings! Impressive!
ReplyDeleteThinker and procrastinator for sure. Need to find the right amount of fire to butt to be a finisher. Not one of my better qualities. The Scrabble tiles and the desk look great. Keep up the good work.
ReplyDeleteSecret AW
ReplyDeleteThanks.. it was fun to try but I definitely like a little bigger work space. lol
Mr. Shife, thank you. That desk... it's now giving me a real pain... got a bit of glaze on it, but still far to go. Neighbor is having a yard sale in a couple weeks... it might get thrown on the lawn as is. LOL
ReplyDelete