Pages

Friday, June 28, 2019

It's a bad, bad, bad, bad blog

Hey old friends, remember meeee!??

For my first post this year (hush, yeah yeah, it's almost July) I should make it fabulously funny and wonderfully interesting and get you all coming back to hear more and more. 

I bought some shoes from a drug dealer.  I don't know what he laced them with, but I've been tripping all day.  Ha!  Well, I laughed.  

Wayyy back in 1858, when William Parker Foulke was on vacation in Haddonfield, NJ, he learned of giant bones being found in a marl pit many years before.  He hired diggers and after some months more bones were found.  This discovery of an almost complete dinosaur skeleton was an amazing event.  Hadrosaurus is the official New Jersey state dinosaur.  I haven't been to the site where the marker is, but it's not too far from where we live.  Now that is all very interesting, yes!?

Now for some other stuff....  

You might remember I was working for a food company.  After only a short while, I moved to a substitute position (eventually resigning end of last year), and during that time another job became available as a supervisor with a child care company.  I took that job as well.  Unfortunately, lack of enrollment for that particular school resulted in the program having to be closed after only a couple of months, however, they offered me (and another employee) work at another school, which we took.  Since not needed as a supervisor, I opted for less days, which were approved.  Being a before/after school care program, there are various duties, but the majority of my time is for arts/crafts.  Totally up my alley! Now, because school is closed for summer, the company offers parents a kids camp. There are less children (maybe 65 or so during the school year, only 35 in the summer) but it's still busy!  I go in for a couple short shifts each week, making various things with the kids. Dream job!!  The best part about it though... the hugs!  When 5, 6, 7, 8 year olds run up to you... HI, MISS MARY... what are we doing for art today?...  it feels simply amazing.  Do they bicker... oh, yeah they do... little Jill will walk off in a huff if little Jack gets one more glitter leaf for a tree scene... they count them, yes they do!  Or if Suzie gets her supplies before Peggy, oh my!  It's all good though... we work it out.  You'd be surprised how many extra paper cutouts Miss Mary can get done during a show on Netflix.  ;)

So only working a couple days a week there allows me time to keep working my small business here.  I love being at home, it's my sanctuary.  Sure, am still venturing out to occasional craft fairs.  I continue to make jewelry, cards, paint stones... but I've added some things.  Paint dots on little wooden boxes and picture frames... and albums!  

This was an order.


Creating designs on canvas is also very enjoyable.  This one is also sold, although with as popular as giraffes are (my favorite animal) I'll be working on getting more in stock.


So that's what I have for catch up.

I'll be by to visit you all very soon.   (((HUGS)))

11 comments:

  1. Well hello there. Long time no see. Your job sounds like fun. I love your dot paitings. That one on the album is beautiful.
    Loved the joke about the shoes, cracked me up

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Ann! Thanks for coming by and leaving some comments. I've been away too long.
    I have a Glen Campbell album I'm working on too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How long has it been, my friend? It was such a surprise to see your comments on my blog.
    I must admit you do come up with some fancy and exciting ideas. Painting dots on wooden boxes sounds like fun and they look good, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice article.
    thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Helloooooooooooo Mary!

    Great to see you posting again! And OMG, I laughed my ass off at this..."I bought some shoes from a drug dealer. I don't know what he laced them with, but I've been tripping all day." That was BRILLIANT! I have to remember that one.

    Your new job sounds AWESOME! I love working with kids. And you're right, the HUGS are the best part. I love how kids just automatically love you.

    Your paint dot artwork is FANTASTIC! LOVE the bowl/dish, but I also love the canvas. As I've shared with you many times over the years, you are so talented and so creative!!

    I still have those cards you made and mailed me years ago. I put them in frames!

    Have a great week, neighbor. And Happy 4th of July!
    X

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's been too long, Valerie. Thank you... I do find many inspiring things online. The little wooden boxes, which I'll try to remember to post, were found in a local craft store. I have a few small frames too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, Ron! Wish I could take credit for the joke... another 'found it online' item. The kids are really cute. Some of them even lovingly call me 'mommy'. The black/red/white one is actually an old record album. Is that crazy or what!? Not too many people play them anymore so recycling is fun. I'm thrilled you liked the cards enough to frame. How sweet!! xo
    Our fireworks here were on the 3rd, yesterday we went food shopping and visited with family. We could see the Penn's Landing fireworks from a distance, quite the display.
    Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Mary! Crafting with kids is fun, isn't it? My middle child was in early education for a few years and that was her favorite part of the job.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, welcome back. The new job sounds great.

    The paint dot art reminds me of aboriginal art from Australia. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, Bijoux. At the end of my shift when I'm cleaning up and looking at their creations, it makes me smile. I can see why middle child enjoyed it too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Secret Agent Woman, hello and thank you.
    I've read a little bit about aboriginal art, and would like to learn more. It's very fascinating! Many dotters are certainly inspired from it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I appreciate you!