Pages

Monday, June 28, 2021

The Mental Blogger

 Good morning!  

The title really just means that I think about blogging a lot, and have done posts in my mind many times.  Although the heat/humidity here this week might put me off the rails. Whew, 90’s! 

Since I haven’t gotten a new laptop yet, it’s been difficult to comment on some blogs and can’t post at all from my old one.  Outdated browser problems.  I’m on my iPad now, but have been having issues with the charger.  And with a touch screen keyboard, it’s not easy to type at length this way.  On a regular keyboard I can type like the wind, on this it’s hunt and peck…same with my phone… and weird I know, but I’ll start feeling dizzy at some point and and have to stop.  So before that pesky vertigo kicks in…. let me share something to say I’m still here.  I think of you all a lot. 

I managed to copy pictures from FB on my iPad so hopefully they’ll be ok.  If they are gigantic like a movie screen or so tiny that you’re squinting, I’m sorry.  They are pics of this year’s patio project.  Since l mostly stopped blogging after sharing last year’s it seemed like a good place to start again. 

Since it’ll  be HOT this week so Ron might find me under the coffee table drinking from the hose later. Haha

They are in no particular order. Various plants, succulents, squirrels, baby mantises, etc.  I’m so glad we still have the canopy.  It’s a nice space to enjoy multiple seasons.  



















I will be getting a new laptop, just as soon as I can talk myself into spending the money.  Ron’s been trying to buy me one since last year, he doesn’t see the problem. It’s just me being a bit stubborn, but I’ll get there.  In the meantime, I hope you’re all happy and well and enjoying the summer.  

14 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, it’s great to hear from you! You are surrounded by beautiful plants and flowers. I was religious about keeping nets on my hydrangea this year, so I finally have buds. I understand about not wanting to write blog posts on an iPad. It’s definitely more difficult. Don’t be a stranger!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bijoux, hydrangeas are soooo beautiful! We have a big one established years ago ,but the others are in containers and will need to go into the ground in the Fall. I didn't do that last year with a few things, but were lucky to get lilies and daisies come up in their containers. We'll really have to plant them and some other things in a few months. We have plenty of space in the yard, but the days just got away from us. Seems like one minute it's summer and the next the Christmas tree is going up. haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful and relaxing spot you have there. All the plants look wonderful. Love the picture of the squirrel taking a break.
    I'm the same way with spending large amounts of money. It takes me a long time to talk myself into it

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW, what a garden oasis you have created. It all looks so inviting and even Mr squirrel seems to agree. It will be a hot few days coming up and your backyard seems like a great place to relax unless the heat gets unbearable. I know what you mean about the difficulties of trying to work on a tablet and hope you do get a new laptop. let your husband treat you...you deserve it!
    Thanks for your visits and comments on my recent posts. They were much appreciated and I am glad to have found this new post from you as well. I will keep checking back for future ones.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "On a regular keyboard I can type like the wind, on this it’s hunt and peck…same with my phone…"

    Yup, Mary, I'm the same exact way! Which is why I don't like to send long text messages because it's take me FOREVER to typed them. However on my desktop keyboard, I fly over the keys without even looking.

    Your photo are FAB-U-LOUS! And OMG, I so envy your green thumb. Your plants looks so heathy, hearty, colorful and HAPPY. I bought a fresh basil plant last month from Trader Joe's, and within five days it was DEAD.

    As you know, I adore squirrels, so those photos made me smile. I especially love the one of him/her drinking the water. Don't you love how squirrels just make themselves at home? HA!

    And speaking of getting a new laptop, I've been investigating getting a new computer myself. I prefer using a desktop, but I'm also looking at laptops. I'm like you though, I don't want to spend a fortune, so I'm taking my time looking for the right price.

    I was so happy to see your post, my friend. You've been missed. And thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting. I always enjoy your comments.

    Stay cool and hydrated, and PRAY for Autumn! LOL!

    X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to see you blogging again! Can you please send some of your hot weather our way in the UK. It's cold and wet here.

    I bet it takes ages to water your garden. It all looks beautiful.

    Our squirrels are definitely not as friendly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely patio!! Lush and private with a squirrel visitor--so inviting.
    Thanks so much for stopping by my blog. I appreciate any positive energy, for sure, and I see you are interested in Reiki. I made second level reiki and also studied Healing Touch in Minneapolis years ago. Do own crystals, too--LOL! If I can figure out how to follow when they drop follow by email on blogger I will be back. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh your photos are so lovely and colorful. The squirrel pics made me giggle. Thanks so much for your kind wishes for me. Blessings this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ann, thank you!! They are comical at times. Naughty, too. Just had to put dirt back in planters again from them digging to either bury a couple nuts or look for them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beatrice P. Boyd, thanks!! I was outside for a bit this morning but am enjoying a/c inside now. Still on myiPad, but getting closer to a purchase. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ron, thank you! I have a small basil plant inside, and a bigger one outside, but am not using them much. I don’t even feel like cooking in this weather. I did just buy mozzarella, and Ron’s tomatoes are ripening, so with a bit of olive oil and basil we can have a nice treat!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you, L.L. Cool Joe, we’ve gotten quite a bit of rain lately but it’s still warm and humid. Watering isn’t terrible, I do it in stages. The succulents are a bit challenging, so I cover many of them before big storms.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Rita, you’re welcome and thanks for visiting here too! The changes to the blogging format are challenging. I used to add blogs to my sidebar that I was reading regularly, guess I’ll find out if I can still do that eventually. Yes, Reiki is wonderful. It’s helped me over the years with various things. I enjoy crystals too! I have a lot of them!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Laurel Wood, you’re welcome and thank you for coming by here too! Squirrels are pretty cute and funny.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I appreciate you!