Pages

Thursday, December 2, 2021

The witch is in... well, today anyway. ;)

Hello!!  I'm trying to catch up on blogs, so if I haven't been to yours lately I will get there soon.
The days are flying by... wow, it's December!?  It was just Halloween!  That's how behind I am.  We didn't go to any parties last year, or this year.  There were many trick-or-treaters though, so we stayed home and gave out a lot of candy.  To be a bit festive, I put a strand of fairy lights on an old witch hat, found some beads in the costume box... done.   Halloween hippie witch?  
We'll talk about the hair later...


I'm participating in a Christmas Bazaar with my daughter in a couple weeks.   I'll only have one large table to fill with my art/craft work.  It'll be hard to choose, many canvases have been painted this year!

I'm also taking painted stones.  Not all, just happened to have these photos handy. 




Thanksgiving was very enjoyable.  We were invited to eat with friends at their house.  Our anniversary was the following day.  Ron and I have been married now for 38 years!   We went to our favorite cocktail lounge in Philly and had an extremely good time. 
Since then it's just been bits of all the holiday things there are to do.  Making a list, checking it twice, and all that jazz.   Recently saw the cutest Grinch tree online and thought it was so cute and clever.  I had to put a similar one together for us, so ordered a Grinch mask, and furry gloves are on the way.  The Santa hat and all the red/green decor we already had from previous trees.  Even the feathers were in a bag in the basement.  Ron's painting some heavy paper black for the belt.  I still need a few more red/green items from the craft store and might just use an old holiday tablecloth for the skirt. 

So back to the hair ... mine was a hot mess for a long time.  I decided to grow out my gray. 

FINALLY, at the end of September I went to the salon where an old neighbor/friend works and had it blended, got burgundy streaks added, cut, etc. 

The following photo was from right before my birthday last month when she cut it again, and added some additional pops of platinum and lavender at my request. 

Of course, right now it's twisted into a clip on top of my head and here's hoping no one notices or cares when I'm running errands later.  Just can't have fun hair every day, ya know!  

So how's all that for an assorted catch up!?   

Hope you're all happy and well.  Chat soon!  xo 

 

20 comments:

  1. OMG, I freakin LOVE your hair! Those highlights are gorgeous and what a young look! It’s stunning to me! The Grinch tree is so clever and you know I love all the intricate work on those stones. So pretty. I always remember your cool cactus rocks! Merry Christmas if you don’t post again this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, Mary, can you BELIEVE it's already December 2nd?!?! I felt like we just concluded summer. So great to hear that you had many trick-or-treaters because Halloween last year (because of COVID) was a bomb. I talked to several people here in Philly who said that they too had a lot of trick-or-treaters this year and were so happy.

    LOVE your Halloween hippies witch costume. Good idea about adding the fairy lights, they look so COOL! Love your tie-dye shirt too.

    And can I just tell you? Those painted canvases are FAN-TAB-U-LOUS! I love the colors, especially the first two with all that pink!

    And WOW...those painted stoned ROCK! Such detail!

    Happy Belated Anniversary to you and Ron! Glad you were able to travel to Philly and hang out at your favorite cocktail lounge. All of Philly's bars and restaurants are now fully open, which is so nice to see after last year.

    Your Grinch tree came out sooooooooooo good! I know I've said this too you countless times before, but you are so talented and creative!

    Being someone who used to be a professional hair stylist, I have to say that your hair turned out SO WELL! Love the streaks!

    Thanks so much for catching us up on what you've been up to. Really enjoyed this post, neighbor!

    X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary.
    Your painted rocks are fabulous. Best of luck at the craft fair.
    Your hair looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the paintings and the rocks, too...and your hair!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh Mary. FirstI LOVE your hair. Marvelous coloring & terrific styling.

    Your painter rocks are treasures. My favorite is the kokopelli!! Wow. I would definitely buy that one. A true work of art. Seriously.

    And be still my heart!!! How I covet your Grinch tree. I just maycooy the idea next year. lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. First things first, sending belated Happy Anniversary to you and Ron as 38 years is quite an achievement. It was nice to find a new post as I have been running behind on commenting myself and even posting has become limited due to the holidays and upcoming family visits. Good luck at the Christmas bazaar and the art and the painted rocks are really quite colorful. Hope you have some very good sales. The grinch tree is wonderful and will be looking forward to seeing the completed project, Mary. I haven't yet decided to let my grey come through and that is about my main vanity so the coloring will continue for awhile. That said, the lavender in your hair was lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the catch up and your hair. So freakin' awesome. And you art work. Totes amazeballs. Do you list it on any sites for sale? Please let me know as I would to take a gander. I am a sucker for painted rocks. I just think they are cool. Happy belated anniversary. Here's to many more. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bijoux, thank you!! I bought purple conditioner but haven't tried it yet. Hmmm... a little toooo young maybe? LOL Those cactus stones were fun to do. I still have supplies for everything so maybe I'll get back to it one of these days. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks, Ron! I'm totally into fairy lights right now! They are all around the house. Grinch tree was fun to do!
    I am going back to have something done with my hair next week, but will then have to think about what I want for my son's wedding next year. I don't particularly like 'formal' hair but also don't want to look like a hot mess if I do it myself. haha

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ann, thank you! The fair was not as good as some previous ones, but still enjoyable. I want to get back to painting them... still have drawers full.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi, friends! Responding to comments has been a bit glitchy this morning. I'll be back later to work on the rest of them!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just popping by after I posted my last blog of the year to wish you all a wonderful holiday season.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Rita, thank you! Just got some purple conditioner so that could be fun.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hootin' Annie, thanks!! I enjoy doing the kokopelli, have made bigger versions on canvas. Dot, dot, dot...
    Thanks for the holiday wishes. Hope you enjoy it too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you, Beatrice P. Boyd! The Grinch tree finally did get finished, and will update soon. Or months from now. Anyone's guess. haha
    I have purple conditioner so won't that be a hoot!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Mr. Shife, thank you! I'm better at being creative than I am at business. LOL I do have pages that were set up for sales... none of them are currently updated. Need to do better! I will try to get back in touch when that happens. Love painting the rocks!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your hair!

    I hope you and your loved ones have a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  18. LL Cool Joe, thank you! If you could see it now though... yikes! I tried applying purple dyed conditioner and it didn't quite turn out as I'd hoped. Oh well, back up in the bun.

    ReplyDelete

  19. Love the hair, Mary!

    All the best for '22!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I appreciate you!