Pages

Friday, January 13, 2023

This and That

Ok, so when is my return to blogging celebration??  An intense red wine and hunk of dark chocolate is really all I need... but, feel free to order salad and pizza for yourselves!   I do still like a lot of 80s music so can you play some old Aerosmith and Duran Duran, please!?  Hey, the party might give me some incentive to keep going because blog glitches are on my last nerve. 😂 Getting photos to the post in the order and size I want is challenging.  My sidebar doesn't always update right away, and that is where I look to see who has a new post up.   Various pages I can't comment on like before.  I'd sign in, 'CrystalChick' user name ready to go!  Now, the only option on some is 'Anonymous' or putting name/URL in each time.  I've checked settings, cookies, looked for help online,  tried another browser, taken ibuprofen, and chanted with some monks.  🙏 Technology... 😖🙄  On my cell phone 'CrystalChick' seems to pop up for commenting without me doing anything.   Ok, what's the problem you ask... just use your phone.  NO!  I'm a laptop person, that's why.  Obviously, I use my cell for calls/texts, and have an iPad for other things, but cell phones screens/keypads are just too small, etc.   Ok, I'm whining.  Let's move on .... 

Here's our lovely Luna.  She was 3 last month.  Sweet, sassy, and SPOILED! 



You'd think that since my husband is a painter by trade I'd have him painting all the time.  
Not so.  We'd had that salmon color in the kitchen for maybe 11 years.  I'm not a yellow person really (accents, fine.. I did paint a small table for our bathroom a mustard color) so am a bit surprised I chose this.  Love it though!   




Before the kitchen was painted, Ron changed our living room too.   It also hadn't been done in many years, and blue is another color I wasn't always fond of.  So to have chosen cobalt for a big room... I surprise myself at times. 😏😍   Also loving how it came out. 



Taking care of the mini jungle is almost a part-time job!  Weird how we didn't have any plants inside before the Fall of 2020.  In the Spring that year I started a small patio project that just took off.  Our winters in NJ are too cold for succulents/house plants to stay outside, so it was nice to have an enclosed front porch to move most of them to.  

These require no care!  😂. I only put them on the sideboard yesterday to get a picture.  Bought them on clearance (80% off and using rewards dollars only paid $21 for the whole group!) to put away for next Christmas since one can never really have too many trees.  Even in our bungalow... I'll find places to put them! 

Happy Friday the 13th.  Have a nice weekend, friends!!
~Mary xo

15 comments:

  1. Wow! That’s a lot of plants! I like your yellow kitchen. We painted our kitchen similar shade in our previous home. Blogger problems suck. It’s frustrating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was having trouble with FB for a couple days so started playing with settings again and then switched to the Firefox browser. Fingers crossed, but FB and Blogger problems seem to be resolved. Oh, I hope it lasts! ;)
      Yellow is cheery!

      Delete
  2. Hahahah, salad and pizza as you eat chocolate. So funny!

    Same. With the blogger glitches. I cannot even get my blog roll to update at all. So I just put it to ABC order. That's the only thing it can do. Very odd. Then when I publish a post, it can take HOURS to show in the reader feed. Nuts.

    To be honest though, I'm shocked google hasn't yanked the blogs.

    I'm not on a laptop or phone so I don't know any of those methods. Sorry blogger is wonky for you. Happy almost four months to Lovely Luna. She's a sweetie pie!

    Cheers, Ivy..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ivy, I will share my chocolate with you! ;)
      I did have to try and adjust things again when FB went wonky for a couple days and now Blogger is working better. I'm on the Firefox browser now, but don't know if that has anything to do with it.
      ~Mary

      Delete
  3. Right now, after I stopped painting walls for the day... I realize I have paint in my hair!! lol

    Ohhhh, yes!!! Aerosmith....Steve Tyler....yummmm (I may be old, but I'm not dead!)

    Love the colors you chose. Luna is beautiful! And wish I had your indoor jungle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have lots of clothes with paint on them!
      The one spider plant gave so many babies that I gifted some to neighbors and family.
      Personally, Joe Perry has always been my favorite Aerosmith member, but ST's personality is wild and fun. Haha, love your comment... old, not dead. LOL!
      ~M

      Delete
  4. Wow! Beautiful plant forest out there. The blue and yellow are lovely, have confortable impact.
    Your Luna has a sweet face.
    Trees. I keep an artificial pine out all year for a bringing the outdoors in vibe. Looks like you have accomplished that well.

    Commenting on Blogger has been a challenge. I learned last fall the issue I had was due to a browser 3rd party setting. I forget the details.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!
      It's always nice to get some fresh paint on the walls.
      Luna is a sweetie! I was immediately drawn to her at the shelter.
      After some FB issues I tried again with settings/browser change and for now Blogger seems to be working ok. Yay!
      Mary

      Delete
  5. Mary, I know, hasn't Blogger gotten so frustrating? The very last update they did on the interface and posting area are completely BONKERS. Thank God I know HTML/CSS coding because I usually have to edit things myself. Also, I like to post my photos (center) within my posts and the center button only works some of the time. I normally don't have trouble leaving comments on Blogger blogs, except for once. Thank god I have Disqus on my own blog because Bloggers commenting system is archaic. Not that Disqus doesn't have glitches now and then. But not nearly as much as Blogger. I haven't used Blogger's commenting system in 12 years.

    Luna is ADORABLE! What a sweet face! And I love her markings. Her coat is beautiful.

    Your kitchen makeover is faaaaaaabulous! I don't live with a lot of color in my apartment, I prefer everything neutral. However, I LOVE seeing color in other people's homes.

    You have such a talented green thumb! Your plants in your patio area are so impressive!

    Happy Friday the 13th, my friend. I totally forgot it was Friday the 13th until I got to work and someone mentioned it to me.

    Wishing you a wonderful weekend! We FINALLY got our colder weather back. The past week we had temps in the 70s, with high humidity, which made it feel like it was in the 80s in JANUARY!?!?!

    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ron, after a couple days of glitchy FB I tried again to switch settings and am using the Firefox browser now. Seems to be working. Fingers crossed.
      Our house is sooooo old (maybe 97 yrs?) that some of the ancient plaster walls are held together with all the coats of paint Ron's applied. haha
      It's a bit of trial and error with the plants. Ones that were doing beautifully outside in the summer are now pissed off to be trapped inside I think. Even after Ron got me a heater and plant lights some still aren't very happy, but I will keep trying!
      ~M

      Delete
  6. Your front porch is fabulous! And well done with the painting. I'm in sore need of the same -- and too many book and china cases to make wanting to do it less do-able. Linda at Lifeandlinda.com has a whole section of pages of blog tutorials. Here's a link to her one on fixing anonymous commenting issues. https://www.lifeandlinda.com/2022/07/a-fix-for-anonymous-commenting-with.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jeanie, thank you! It's a nice space!
      I was having some issues on Facebook for a few days. I tried changing setting again and now am using the Firefox browser. Both seem to be working again. Thanks for the link, I'll keep it handy just in case.
      Mary

      Delete
  7. We think alike, Mary, as yellow was the color I choose for the kitchen in our former VA home. I did most of the painting myself. Those were the days. It sure brightened up the space too! The cobalt blue seems soothing to me.

    Blogging always seems to come up with annoyances. A while back, I wasn't able to do add images to a post and finally that issue cleared up. I have seen many folks showing up as anonymous on other blogs, so you are not alone.

    Luna has a sweet face and like the name too. I will have pizza, dark chocolate and wine and skip the salad, please.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a nice color for a kitchen, Dorothy! Wow, you did your own, that's great. I love to paint, just not walls. Thankfully, Ron does! LOL
      I do like salads and probably need to eat more of them. *sigh*
      She was a rescue and had a temporary name when we first saw her at the shelter. We changed it to Luna right away. :)
      Mary

      Delete
  8. Between your party, the Lunar New Year and MLK day, I got all of my dates confused. I didn’t know whether to scratch my watch or wind my butt. Second time today I got to use that phrase. I don't know if that is a good thing or not. Take care.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I appreciate you!