Pages

Monday, May 15, 2023

Hair and Rocks

Hello!

I started this post on 4/5/23.... guess I wandered off?
As often as I think or say I'd like to be more active here... I keep disappearing. 😬 
It's a combination of things, but I know some of you will continue to bear with me.  Thank you!!

With all the down time we had a couple years ago there was no need to continue dying my hair so I let the old colors fade out, and the gray grew in.  Some of it was a pretty silver color!  Eventually it needed help so I went to a salon and got it cut, highlighted, blended.  Sure had a very different look for my son's wedding last year!  (Not the clearest.. took a picture of a picture from our album.)

Then it grew out to this messy mop.  Still light in some areas, but a lot of dark, too.   Whew, needed a change so off to the salon again!
It took me a while to decide to go back to the reds because this will require more maintenance than I want to do.  (Used to dye my own hair.  Yeah, yeah... box dye is evil... but...it was ok for me.)
Since it's probably going on 6 wks. since I had it done, the nasty roots are coming back.  *sigh* 
I'll probably keep it like this for a bit longer.  Quite frankly, I have copper eye shadow that I can brush on the roots if it gets out of control before I get back to my stylist. 


Some of my old posts were sooooo long with many, many pictures, but I'm going to just put a couple more up and then call it done for today. 
I've been back to rock painting for awhile.  I even have a small collection of them to give away... leave in a shopping cart, on a park bench or table at a restaurant, etc.  Art abandonment is a thing... people make all sorts of stuff to share for free with the world. 
Oh, I'm hoping to sell them again as well!  Only have 1 festival booked right now, but looking at others.  Art supplies can be a bit pricey so am always glad when I can participate in an event.

This one is almost 3 lbs!!

Some rocks are great for using alcohol inks on.   This is one of them.

Finished

 
This one was black, purple, and white a few years ago, but I repainted it and like it a lot more now!


I hope you're all doing well.  Be around to visit soon. 
~Mary

14 comments:

  1. Wow! It's nice to see you back. And that rock is fantastic. I am overwhelmed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jeanie! Well, I was back, and then gone again... *sigh*
      Some things remain the same though... still painting rocks. LOL
      ~Mary

      Delete
  2. Mary, I LOVE that wedding photo! ALL of you look faaaaaaaaaabulous!

    And good for you for letting your gray come in. When I was a stylist, I would always recommended my clients who colored their hair to stop for awhile, just to see how much gray was there. Many of them ended up really like the gray and never went back to coloring it.

    Box dye is totally good. A lot of people I know use box color and their hair looks like it was done by a professional. The stuff you get in box dye is the same as they use in a salon. The only difference is that in a salon the can use a higher volumer peroxide to lift the color.

    The color they did your salon looks awesome! I'm a big fan of red hair.

    And OMG, the photographs of the rocks you painted are freaking AMAZING! That final one is my favorite! As I've shared with you so many times over the years, you are so multitalented!

    I was happy to see your post in my reader today. Good to hear from you, my friend! Have a super week! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ron, hello! And thank you! Funny, I just bought a box of dye yesterday. That pretty coppery blend is longggg gone. Well, now that it's been over 2 months since I posted rocks... guess you'll be seeing more of them in my next post.
      Hope you're enjoying a nice summer... be around to say hello real soon. xo
      ~Mary

      Delete
  3. Well, hello there! Nice to see your hair! LOL ... I'm a natural blond but dyed my hair red once. Just once, though I liked it okay. Just not into sitting in that chair one minute longer than I have to. My days of perms are long past, too. However, my ash blond hair is getting lighter. I don't know if it's silver or white, but I'm good with it, whatever it turns into. Now if only it would "do" itself; I never was good at getting my hair to do what I wanted. Stubborn straight hair. -Kate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Kate! Wow, a natural blond and you went red once! That must have been an interesting change. I've sometimes used a straightening iron on my hair. The curls are nice enough, but sometimes it's very frizzy and that's not so nice.
      It's been so long since I've logged in here that my hair needs doing desperately!
      ~Mary

      Delete
  4. Your work is beautiful. So is your hair! Whatever color makes you feel gorgeous is the right color.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! 'Whatever color makes you feel gorgeous is the right color.' Love that!!
      ~Mary

      Delete
  5. Hi Mary, so nice to find a new post, but understandably life takes priority, so hope you have been enjoying yourself and wandering off is definitely allowed, always a good thing! So nice to see your son and his bride and you and your husband.

    Like yourself I also "do" my own hair color and since my hair is way shorter than yours, after a haircut, it's really easy. I think your red tresses are lovely, better than the silver gray.

    The painted and adorned rocks are really quite a work of art and if you do leave some in public places, hopefully anyone who finds them will appreciate their beauty.

    And, thanks for the recent blog visit and comments, which are always much appreciated. I have been a bit remiss lately in blog posting and reading due to another getaway. As I said earlier, life happens.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Dorothy! Yup, wandered off yet again....
      Hmm, I might have painted like 20 more rocks since I was here last. haha
      I'll be around soon to check up on your summer getaways.
      ~Mary

      Delete
  6. I think the red looks great and I hope you can keep it up but the maintenance can be tough. I have a beard that has more gray thank the hair on my head so I am painting it to make me still look cool. =) Probably need more than dye for that to happen. Ha. Love your rocks too. Nicely done. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, I couldn't keep it up... the gray is bad once again. lol
      Ron has a lot, but isn't bothered by it. Wish I weren't.
      Unlike blogging, I've been pretty consistent with painting rocks.
      Thanks!
      ~Mary

      Delete
  7. Your hair looks great in the wedding photo, but the red color is just gorgeous. I’ve been able to get by using a root touch up product, but it’s not perfect. I do like it because it looks more natural than the full dye. BTW, very fun to see the wedding photo and Ron looks very fly! LOL!

    Your rocks are very cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, we clean up ok! haha Right now though, my hair looks dreadful so will need to remedy that soon!
      Still painting, still behind at the blogs. *sigh*
      ~Mary

      Delete

Thank you for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I appreciate you!