Pages

Sunday, August 6, 2023

Sweet news

Good morning, friends!  Apparently, I started a post on 7/22 but it was a blank page.  Now it's 8/6.  I sometimes do have a lot to say, but I guess not that day.  ๐Ÿ˜†

I have exciting news!  ๐Ÿ’ž We have a brand new granddaughter. ๐Ÿ’— She arrived a little bit early, but all is well.  Since we don’t live too far away from our son/dil, we’ve been able to see Maria quite a few times.  


So as you can see, that nice copper hair color I had done is gone and it was looking very drab.  My son sent me a couple pictures he took and the gray was soooo bad on top that I ran screaming to CVS.  I didn’t want to go back to the salon this time so bought something in a medium shade of auburn that will be ok for now.  


I’m going to try a new thing. 
Since I usually blog about multiple things… then disappear for a while… I’m going to work on a few individual ones and set them to autopost.  Ok, I can hear your laughter!  Me and technology and all the problems people have with Blogger… remains to be seen if this will work.  

I’ve managed to visit a few of your blogs recently, and will get around to the rest real soon.  Until then, hope you’re all doing well and enjoying a nice weekend!  xo

15 comments:

  1. Look at that sweet, sweet face!!! Congratulations to you and yours. I’m getting a new granddaughter in September. How many grands do you have now? This will be our 4th (and probably last).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bijoux, and congrats right back on your upcoming 4th little sweetheart!! Maria is our 4th. My son/dil may have another one or two, but we'll see. :)

      Delete
  2. CONGRATS, Mary! And please send my CONGRATS to your son and daughter-in-law about their new arrival! Maria is ADORABLE! I adore babies and think they are the most precious, sweetest little peanuts! There is nothing so lovable as a new-born! I love her little baby cap with the bow. SO CUTE! And what great photo of the two of you!

    "I didn’t want to go back to the salon this time so bought something in a medium shade of auburn that will be ok for now."

    Being someone who used to be a colorist/hairstylist for 20 years, I think your color job looks fantastic. The thing with red (auburn) hair is that it fades rather fast, so the upkeep is constant. But red was my favorite color to use. And you can get some really great results with box color dye in places like drug stores and Target. I know several women who color their own hair and it looks professional. Also, salon prices have gone sky-high. I was talking with a customer who came into my store last week, who paid FOUR hundred dollars to have her hair colored, cut and blown-dry. That's insane!

    Happy to see your post today. And thanks so much for stopping by my blog over the weekend!

    Have a great week, my friend! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ron!! It's an exciting time for them and we're so happy to have another little grand girl.
      My hair in the picture on this post is what the last visit to the salon grew out to. LOL If the full top of my head was showing, you'd be seeing a bunch of gray! I don't have a photo of the new shade, but it's more the color I used most often... medium auburn.
      The times I did go to the salon after all the initial gray/silver was coming in and had it blended, styled, etc... it certainly wasn't as expensive as what the woman who you talked to paid... but is a bit more than I care to spend on a regular basis. The woman who I went to was an old neighbor (she's been a stylist for many years!) so we were already friendly and it was nice to catch up while she worked on my hair. I told her though... I'll come in for a while, then you'll probably not see me for a long, long time... if ever. LOL I just never did enjoy having my hair done, but was glad she could help for a while.

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on your beautiful granddaughter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Jenny! Hoping to visit with her again this weekend! :)

      Delete
  4. Congratulations! Maria is beautiful.
    Looking forward to seeing your new hair color.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, she sure is a sweet little one!
      By the time I get to post about the hair, it'll need coloring again. haha

      Delete
  5. Congratulations on the new addition to your family, Mary! She's lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jeanie! We're all very happy. She is a cutie!

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Belated congratulations sent to you and your family, Mary, on the newest arrival. She is a sweet baby as all of them surely are and so loved as well. I know what you mean about having the color grow out and I will be re-doing my own in a week or so. Gray is so not my color๐Ÿ˜‰

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Dorothy!! She's a lovely baby!
      The medium auburn I used not too long ago is already needing touch up. Really need to have a talk with my roots and try to coax them into coming in a little less shocking! haha
      ~M

      Delete

Thank you for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I appreciate you!