Hope everyone took a few minutes to reflect on things they are thankful for. I know that while we've had some difficult times around here lately we've also been blessed with many good things. Sharing time with family and making fun memories with friends.....always nice. I hope you are all finding some enjoyment as the rush of the holidays is now upon us.
For Thanksgiving dinner, we went to a restaurant about 15 mins. from here with my husband's family. There were 14 in all. We usually eat at his parents home but with so many of us, it's getting easier to go out. We did last year too. Today, some ordered the traditional turkey w/trimmings dinner, others steak and chicken. Everything was so yummy. The waiters were fairly young and ours seemed a bit frazzled towards the end of dinner with so many tables to wait, but he was pleasant and worked really hard and I hope his tips were generous for all his effort.
An interesting thing happened when we first arrived at the restaurant. I noticed a woman in the lobby wearing a necklace that looked very familiar. I told my husband that I knew it was one I made. So I went up to her and asked if she was a friend of my girlfriend Carla who placed the order for her. She said yes. I told her I made her necklace. She hugged me! Asked if I had anything in red. Well, of course I do.... LOL But what a strange coincidence that of all the restaurants in New Jersey, we both ended up at the same one, at the same time, and I recognized not her... because we'd never met... but the necklace I designed for her. And she really looked pretty in it. It's the black/pearl/crystal one in my jewelry sales blog. Neat, huh??
Speaking of jewelry.... the olive wood beads and other supplies arrived from Jerusalem yesterday and I started making the first of two rosaries on order. Next weekend, I'm doing a Ladies Night Out craft show at a Catholic school so maybe I can get some additional religious pieces done before then? Oh my, I have these plans of getting so many things accomplished. But I am realizing that I can only do what I can do any given day and have stopped stressing about what doesn't get done. If it's meant to be, it'll happen.
Happy Thanksgiving to you all. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I appreciate you!