Pages

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

What?? No more parties??

November is always busy for us. It starts with a couple family birthdays early in the month and then hubby's birthdays are on the 20th and 21st. Okay, that needs some explaining.....

It's a LONG neat story, but the basic recap ... cause I've got LOTS of blogging to do in only a little time this week.... is that he was adopted from Korea as a toddler. His travel papers said he was born on November 20, 1960 so that is the day his family has always celebrated. When he met his birth Mom many years later he found out from her that the date listed was wrong. It was November 21, 1961. He was a year younger! So this year he turned 47 on the 20th and 46 on the 21st. It doesn't really matter anyway as he doesn't like any kind of fuss. We went to Don Pablo's for dinner and had some yummy fajitas but otherwise, he'd rather be doing anything but celebrating himself.

My birthday is a couple days after his but unlike him.... I LOVE celebrating. As my entry below says, I set the alarm to get up extra early for Black Friday shopping. I guess my son and I arrived at Sears around 6:30 am. It wasn't too bad there. I only had to get a price adjustment and purchase some outfits for my grandson and a camera memory card. Other than waiting a few extra minutes for Miss Cut In Line .... amazing how people get away with that shit so often ... we were out of there in a reasonable amount of time and off wandering the Mall. The longest line we waited in was at Game Stop, but sooooo worth it, as my son wanted a memory card for his Wii system and they were on sale for 20 bucks, regularly 50.

Yes, I did get to the cafe at Barnes for my Soy Cocoa and yes we did do dinner out later. And the dinner was FABULOUS!!! OMG, this little restaurant has the best atmosphere and the nicest people on staff. I got crab/spinach cakes, hubby tilapia... both totally delish! During the meal, we heard some applause coming from the small room next to ours and thought maybe some diners were celebrating something until the carolers wandered into our room. YES, Christmas Carolers! They were in that Dickens type clothing with hats and their music books and they sang a song for our section just perfectly. As it turns out, there was a tree lighting ceremony in town that night and they were part of the festivities. After an amazing dessert of chocolate/banana mousse cake we wandered down the block listening to the music and watching the people dancing in the streets. There was a DJ playing music like The Grinch, Cha Cha Slide, assorted Christmas songs. It was very unexpected but absolutely DEEEEELIGHTFULLLL.

How awesome is it to find a town party going on outside the restaurant you have your birthday dinner at?? Totally freaking awesome! Selfishly, I felt it was partly for ME! LOL I thanked the powers that be for putting me there on that night. There were many other places to go, but Goddess knows I love a bargain, and a coupon for 17.50 worth of free food pretty much guaranteed I'd be going at some point during the month. So that was alot of fun, but so was coming home and getting comfy in bed and watching Chocolat with hubby while getting a back rub by him. Oh glorious heavens you do love me..... to be blessed with a strong man who is good at massage.... ahhhhh
If ya think that's all the celebrating one can do in a long weekend.... guess again.

Our 24th anniversary was yesterday!! After honey brought home these beautiful roses for moi, we met friends (whose anniversary was last week) and went to the Bonefish Grill for din. This time I got tilapia, hubby got Mahi Mahi, they ate pork and crab dishes and the 4 of us toasted with some Moet & Chandon. Dessert, they ordered bananas foster and we shared some deep dish key lime pie, OH MY.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I appreciate you!