Why not keep this going!! Maybe I'll make it a regular theme on my page, introducing people I love!
Yesterday my friend Toni called to see if I was free to meet for dinner. We'd been trying to get together for awhile and either she couldn't get the time or I couldn't. So I checked with hub, to see if he could bear to be without me for an hour, as we had made some tentative plans for another outting, and then headed right over to the Olive Garden for a quick din and some girlfriend chat.
Toni has been a friend of my family since before I was even born, so we go wayyyy back. Even though she's never been married or had children, we have lots of other things to share. Her love of reading especially!! The only other person I know who has MORE books than I do. Great sense of humor, a terrific laugh, and always alot of fun and very social at parties!
Toni definitely has some strong opinions about many things, but at the same time has the ability to be really kind and lives a very uncomplicated life. She's curious and observant and when you're with her sometimes you feel the presence of an old Soul.

that is so cool, I would so steal you for dinner if I lived anywhere near you. hahahahahhaa
ReplyDeleteI love how you told her "don't worry, no one will see it." lol
ReplyDeleteHey, anyone who loves books is an instant friend in my book. :o)
Hey, M....keep on celebrating!
ReplyDeleteI think it's wonderful to share the people you love.
Toni sounds like a very cool lady. Someone I bet I'd like!
(especially with her sense of humor)
It's funny you should be posting this today, because JUST this afternoon I got together with a friend of mine who we'd been trying to get together for ages.
ooooh...we didn't go to Olive Garden though (I love that place).
You guys sound like very special friends. And that's hard to come by.
Thanks for sharing, M!
P.S. Love the photo and captions!
Toni sounds like a really nice person. I'm glad you had some time together.
ReplyDeleteI had to come tell you - Snarky Bitch was at my house again last night! I may have to make a sign for my kitchen about Snarky Bitch... she seems to be in there a LOT! heehee...
Happy 4th & lovins -
fiwa
LMAO at the piccy! So cute!
ReplyDeleteAnd your friend sounds wonderful xx
Gotta love sharring good times with great friends.
ReplyDeleteHow lovely to get a chance to spend if only a short time with a kindred spirit.
ReplyDeleteGood for you!
She sounds like a wonderful friend. How lucky you are!
ReplyDeleteOh, I forgot to tell you...... I just came back from 3 weeks of vacation WITHOUT MY COMPUTER!! So all my posts were of the scheduled type. No live me.
ReplyDeleteSo in saying that..... you are up and side-blogged now. Sorry it took a while.
Burfica, that would be fun. I suspect we would laugh alot!
ReplyDeleteRhea, it's no wonder book stores are always crowded, they are sooo much fun!
Ron, thank you. I think you would really like Toni and would have lots to chat about.
Fiwa, OH girl, that snarky bitch is just morphing all over the darned place. She's back here AGAIN too!
Giggle, I'm lucky to have many really nice people in my life!
Jeff, sharing time with our people makes life bearable for sure!
Anndi, little moments like that are so important!
I treasure them.
Jules, I am lucky and blessed! Thank you so much for adding me. Chat with you again soon!