Pages

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Before I leave for vaca let me just say......

Hello everyone!!!
I have been trying to make the rounds, read your pages and leave a few comments but am falling far behind. I think of you all alot though. And even though I haven't responded to some comments you've left me, I absolutely do appreciate you all coming by. I read them all. You make me smile! If I haven't gotten to an email or two, please forgive me!
It's just a very busy time!
Recently, I celebrated my birthday. And if you know me, you know that I love my day! Hubby made it really wonderful! I had breakfast in bed complete with a foot massage, lunch in Philly at the Reading Terminal (homemade baba ganoush and fresh baguette for dipping), shopping, and then dinner at a little place back here in Jersey that we've been to for special occasions before. I chatted with a couple of friends and briefly saw some family. Hubby got me a photography book too and we had birthday cocoa at Barnes before the evening ended with a another foot massage. Quite frankly, I'm not much liking the getting older part.... gray hair, fatter ass, needing stronger glasses, aches, pains, etc. .... but the pampering that man gives me ...... OMG!

Alot of other things are going on too. My daughter and her family have made settlement and in a few weeks are moving out. I've been Christmas shopping. A friend recently had surgery and I've been looking after her furried friend for a few days 'til she gets home. The ironing project for our vacation is enormous. Whatever happened to wrinkle-free material?? I was sick with the flu for a couple days and missed a recent craft fair but have another one next month right before the holidays! I've been working on my Etsy store. Some of you have already come by. Thanks so much!! If you haven't checked it out yet and want to, the link is:
I would really appreciate your feedback.
I'll be closing the shop while I'm on vacation but will open it again when we return home so pass the word if you like what you see there. Etsy is wonderful, but it's really competitive. There are many thousands of artists and craftspeople who sell there. But by recommendations I hope my business will grow!! The holidays are hard for many, I know. The economy is a bit of a mess and people are downsizing. Not everyone is shopping. But for those who are still looking for gifts, Etsy is nice because you know the items you'll find there are handmade.
I was going to do a separate post dedicated especially to my loving, charming, wonderful, amazing, loving husband because
TODAY IS OUR 25TH ANNIVERSARY!!!!!
But as I look at the clock and realize I still have many things on the schedule before we go out later, I really have to get going now. He sent me a beautiful bouquet of white roses this morning and tonight we'll have dinner out. The trip we booked is coming up fast. We're looking forward to it. The holidays will be that much closer when we return home from Mexico. Where did this year go???
For all my U.S. friends.....Happy Thanksgiving!
Hope to visit all your blogs again soon! 'Til I chat with you again.....
BE EXCELLENT TO EACH OTHER. :) Mary

9 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary you busy bee!

    Soak up a few rays for me too while you're on vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY M and HUBBY!

    Listen, no worries about being busy and visiting blogs. Life happens...and when it does, you gotta go with it, so I totally understand.

    Next month, it's going to be the same for me. Especially starting the second week. I doubt if I'll be blogging at all.

    Hope you have a great evening, M!

    And we'll see ya, when we see ya!

    Have a HAPPY THANKSGIVING tomorrow!!

    Blessings to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary!!!!! and I'm glad you popped in. Was wondering if you were feeling okay.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary and Happy Birthday! I will check out your Etsy page. I'm interested in setting one up as well. First it's the website though. Happy Thanksgiving Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh your Silver Wedding Anniversary how wonderful. Happy Anniversary. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday! Happy Anniversay! Have a wonderful vacation! Your ETSY shop is fantastic, I LOVE your creations.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just flew by and notice your blog! It's great and I'd like to wish you a Happy Birthday and Happy Anniversay! And hoping your vacation was the best! will stop by again.

    ~Cherlee~

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I appreciate you!