
We hosted Christmas Eve last year. The kids did their package ripping frenzy in record time. Yes, commercialism was alive and well here despite a very sluggish economy. We didn't want the first word Alex learns to be 'recession' so we kept quiet about all that and did our very best to help hungry retailers.
Maybe his Uncle Ron will teach him to play guitar when he's a little older.

It sure is one of his favorite things to do. His lessons have resumed after a short break last year. I wonder what songs he'll be learning. Now that we have a new computer up and running we've been working on our iTunes libraries. His is mostly ROCK. My collection of cd's is a bit different. While I do like alot of rock and roll bands..... Aerosmith being my all-time favorite.... I have developed a bit of an eccentric taste where music is concerned. I can soothe myself with classical music for awhile, then swing with the big bands, and follow that up with any one of many 'world' music selections.

Have you ever seen the show 'Globe Trekker'? Maybe you remember it as Lonely Planet? It's one of my favorite shows. I bought the theme song from the show for my Pod and another single off of one of their soundtracks. If you want to listen to it CLICK HERE. Go ahead, I'll wait 'til you get back to continue.......
Hello again, another tune I hadn't heard in some time was from the old movie The Pajama Game. I ordered a tango version (I love tango music) and another one by Harry Connick, Jr.
While hubby is watching the BIG game..... Eagles vs. Giants..... I think I'll start loading some cd's into the system. I don't ever really listen to a whole cd or even just one band at a time so I like being able to pick and choose assorted songs for a playlist. The stereo jack in our car for my Pod is broken so I'll have to try and figure out how to burn a cd. I'm terrible about remembering things like that. Guess I'll be calling tech support next week.
Hope you are all enjoying a nice weekend.
I never put up my decorations this year.one it is just too much work trying to put up the decoratios especially when you never know when you are going to be hit with a seizure.
ReplyDeleteMike, I guess in that situation it's better to just try and enjoy other things about the season.
ReplyDeleteIt really is alot of work even if one is up for it. I didn't decorate as much as usual. Christmas is really the only holiday I get festive for anyway.
Hey M! Funny that you like purple too...my office is decorated with three different shades of purple and mauve and the ceiling is a bluish purple! You would love it! I'm not completely done taking down all of my decorations yet...still have a few rooms to undecorate...but I'll get there. Then, I'll have to start packing...we're leaving in mid-March and will be back in May! All my reservations are made...just have to figure out what on earth I'm going to take!! A new adventure!
ReplyDeleteLovely photos!
ReplyDeleteMy decorations remained up until the day after Epiphany, much to the dismay of my housekeeper.
Cool stuff. Why take it down. Celebrate as long as you want.
ReplyDeleteLisa and I each got an iPhone for Christmas this year. Now I have to start downloading our CD's so we can listen to them on the go.
ReplyDeleteI love decorating for holidays, My house gets hosed down Oct, Nov, and Dec. So after three months of deco's up and down and up again, It's kinda nice to take them all down till easter. hehehehehe
ReplyDeleteWe watched Playoffs too. GO CARDINALS!!!!! I can't even believe how good they are doings. whooohooooo
One year I'm going to leave my decorations up until the following Christmas! :)
ReplyDeleteHi Crystal Chick!
ReplyDeleteOh you're so funny, because I JUST took my Christmas decorations down!!! I really didn't have that much up to begin with, but I kept putting it off.
Hey...I LOVE what you did to the first photo of Alex and the tree! TOO COOL! And the shot of Uncle Ron with the guitar could be a CD cover!
It's ironic how the economy was this year, we (retailes) had such a prosperous holiday season. I think a lot of people were just saving up for Christmas.
No, I haven't ever heard of the show Globe Trekker, but will click on the link you left for us to hear the theme song!
I don't know how the game turned out last night, but I could hear the GO EAGLES fans in the street!!
Have a FABU Monday, M!
Bermuda, hey, if it's good for Donny, it's good for me too! My room was lavender for a couple years in high school too. I'm glad you worked everything out with the dogs and have your reservations made. Lucky girl getting all that time away. Good for you. :)
ReplyDeleteSSNick, Thanks!
And being I'm the housekeeper around here there usually isn't much discussion. I put the stuff up and I'll take it down when the mood hits.
Ace, Sometimes it isn't really until after the holidays that I enjoy looking at the tree anyway because it's less hectic and I can relax instead of thinking how many things I have yet to do.
Jeff, hubs needs a new iPod. He had the smaller one for awhile but is now finding that it's not nearly big enough to hold our collection. Not that he would want 'moroccan street music' on his playlist.... but we do have alot of common stuff that takes up space. He'll probably upgrade soon.
Burfica, I watched part of that Arizona/Carolina game and they did look good. I'm usually not into football but gotta support hubby and the local team now! I'm in big time Eagles country here. Well, good luck to your team.
Akelamalu, I have thought that too. Actually, now that I have the silver tree in the dining room it isn't really taking up as much space as the one in the living room so I considered keeping it up and just changing out the decorations on it. Like for Valentine's just putting red and white stuff on there, etc. Of course that means I would have to go get all those extra holiday things but it's a neat idea anyway.
Ron, gotta love those photo programs. When we got the new computer I bought Photoshop Elements. It's complicated and I had to use a gift card I'd gotten for Christmas to buy a manual for it. So until I master a few things I still am finding that Picasa and Picnik are fun too and free! Won't it be insane if Philly manages to win the Superbowl??? OMG Well, I'm not counting on it, and I don't really get into football all that much but at this point they have just as much chance as any of the other teams I guess. We'll see how things go.
I adore Globe Trekker! Of course, that's precisely why I'm always planning my next imaginary vacation!
ReplyDeleteI just took everything down this weekend. Now there are tubs everywhere
ReplyDeleteI love the movie The Pajama Game!!
No hurry taking decorations down. It's fun to have them up for a while. And I love your purple theme.
ReplyDeleteYou have very eclectic taste in music. I took my decorations down last night (Jan. 17)
ReplyDeleteI usually take the decorations down the day after Christmas but Breen likes them up until New Year's Day. I love the photos!
ReplyDeleteHappy Tuesday :))
RLL, I love to do that. Because I can't fly very far, I'll have to visit some places in my fantasty world. Might actually be better that way. ;)
ReplyDeleteDianne, I've never actually seen the whole movie. Same with South Pacific, I love some of the music but can't sit long enough to get into the story.
Rhea, thank you. I just love love love purple ... anything!!
Bonnie, OH girl you should see my collection. A little African chanting.... some Japanese drumming.... a bit of Bali and gamelan gonging... I'm so there. LOL
Jane, even when I get the decorations up the first few days of December they still stay up past New Years.
Thanks, but even though I just got PS Elements, I haven't learned to do much with it. I still tend to use Picnik and Picasa.
I really need to come here more often. Do you have that "e-mail me when a new post comes out" feature? I need that for you!
ReplyDeleteHow much do I love that you watch and have the theme song to Globe Trekker! I have a lot of the Globe Trekker DVDs on my Amazon wish list and have three of the CDs. The shows allow me to visit so many places that I won't get to for a while!
I'm still reading through, so you may see more comments!