What's the best thing about a Spa Resort?????
When you enter the main spa area you're probably already feeling pretty good. Afterall, you ARE at LeBlanc and they take that feel good stuff pretty seriously. But just when you thought it couldn't get better..... it does! It absolutely does!! Included in our package were 2 - 50 minute holistic massages. For a very small additional fee we were able to go at the same time and have them together in the same room. Now, let me tell you that I am NOT the type of person who can easily relax that way. I love a back rub when hubby is doing it, but with a stranger.... not so much. I've only had 2 previous experiences.... one, a gift for a Day Spa, the other, just a facial on a cruise. I've never booked anything locally. And aside from being weird about too much skin showing and strangers I have some tummy issues and have a hard time getting comfortable laying face down. But if I thought a service would be like what we had in Cancun, I'd sell my children and schedule one service a week until the money ran out.
There was a hydrotherapy area for women and for men so we each went to our section and could choose whatever we wanted to do before the massage. Choices were a cool pool, a warm pool, a jacuzzi, a sauna, a shower, a foot bath. Do one, a couple, or all. The pictures don't quite show it, but it was very dimly lit there. The atmosphere was warm, quiet..... INCREDIBLE.

A little before our scheduled time a staff member brought us together in a relaxation area. We had our robes and sandals on and were given warm heat packs for our necks and offered a beverage. Hot tea or assorted waters. By the time we actually got to the massage part I had let a little of my shyness go and promised myself I'd just enjoy the service. OH MY GODDESS.... it was very relaxing. Their voices were so soft. Their touch was gentle at times, firm at others. It was the only time in my life I didn't have the impulse to chatter away. Someone who has the power to shut me up for an hour is a very skilled person. ;) Hubby asked me at one point how I was feeling and I mumbled something about how yummy it all was but it probably sounded just like a few wimpers. Did they know I was practically drooling??
And when I said 'thank you' for different things during my time in the Spa, how do you think they responded every time??? 'It's my pleasure.'

We didn't get our hair cut, but being a full-service spa we could have if we wanted to. Other than our included massage all the treatments were for a fee and some of them a bit pricey. But they certainly had it all there.... manicures, pedicures, water therapy, wraps, assorted massages for wellness, relaxation, etc. I enjoyed our 'freebie' so much that I booked an additional morning session. It was worth the money! I had another massage, which was supposed to be legs and feet but turned into a complete body massage (they weren't busy the week we were there!) and a 50 minute facial. Mmmm..... lovely.

So you really just want to live in the spa section for the rest of your time there. But all good things must come to an end and they send you on your way back to the main part of the hotel. Oh wait.....

But before long it's time to move on along. Hello violin girl, you play very well.

Hello little water pyramid. We're going to our room now to get ready for dinner.

Hellooooo gorgeous hubby..... we're gonna be LATE for dinner. ;)

So you really just want to live in the spa section for the rest of your time there. But all good things must come to an end and they send you on your way back to the main part of the hotel. Oh wait.....
that really was quite nice though too, remember? We could just as easily relax a little while right there with the nice lights and the soft music and the minty cucumber scent lingering in the air.

But before long it's time to move on along. Hello violin girl, you play very well.

Hello little water pyramid. We're going to our room now to get ready for dinner.

Hellooooo gorgeous hubby..... we're gonna be LATE for dinner. ;)
he was gazing out at that view.
ellos hicieron el amor.
Ah, who can live on love alone? We certainly couldn't. So off again to another wonderful dinner. The Italian restaurant was our favorite.




Or was it that buffet lunch at the restaurant by the pool?? Blue cheese cream piped onto a cucumber slice..... now that's what I'm talking about!!!
No, I really do think our fav was the Italian place. We had to try the tiramisu AGAIN, just to make sure it was acceptable to serve the other guests.


And with one more serving of dessert we were a little closer to the next day. By Tuesday, I think we were getting sad that we had to go home on Saturday. Whyohwhyohwhy didn't we book TWO weeks here???



We really miss our pelican friends too. They were so neat to watch. They'de fly along the water.... looking.... looking..... and then SPLASH, right in for some fish food.




We really miss our pelican friends too. They were so neat to watch. They'de fly along the water.... looking.... looking..... and then SPLASH, right in for some fish food.

How could they not like it there. The breezes were refreshing, the water was cool, the waves were beautiful.




Before the week was even half over we talked about coming back. We almost wanted to go to one of those long timeshare presentations just to find out some specifics as a few people we met there did have memberships. But this time, we didn't want to think at all of business. It was our 25th anniversary and the trip was just about us.
On our last night, a surprise arrived by room service. We were very touched.
And very pouty the next morning when we realized we'd have to wait a good while to see views like this again.



Now, I know you're probably wondering if there was anything about this trip that wasn't perfect. And sure, a couple things could have been better. I could tell you in more detail how I fell in our room on the marble tile floor and banged up my legs pretty good. But that wouldn't be so interesting to hear. They offered to call a doctor, I declined, I hobbled around a little after it happened and was x-rayed after we got home. Nothing broken. Next time I'll put a few extra towels down after our soak in the jacuzzi. I could also tell you about one excursion that was neat to do ONCE, but NEVER again.....atleast until I'm thinner and in better shape. ;) But it was pretty interesting because it did give us a little tour of places outside the resort. Made us happy to return! I could also tell you that I'd have rather gone to Isla Mujeres to swim with dolphins than at the water park. But OMG... we did get to swim with two dolphins .... Squalo and Mercurio... and they were awesome!!! I look too fat in my bathing suit to post the picture now. Maybe after some selective photoshopping I'll post it another time. The parts of our trip that were magnificent were way, way, way more interesting than the few things that weren't.
Just a few final notes......
On tipping:
Tips are included in the package. We gave extra. We couldn't imagine NOT giving something additional. The entire staff works quite hard to give you a great experience and they probably don't make alot of money to do it. And who knows what small part of your package actually makes it to the employees. They were discreet about the tips when we gave them but also very gracious too. It seemed that while everyone was nice, those that we tipped personally were even nicer. Hardly possible for some of them to be nicer though. But it was just a few incidents where we walked into a restaurant and a waiter remembered us and waved and said 'hola' from across the room. Or one that apologized for not coming right over to us on the terrace to see if we wanted to order lunch. Little things. So we were happy to give some of the staff a little money here and there. It was OUR pleasure!!
The dress code:
We totally overpacked!! Reading that the attire was casual elegance I didn't want for us to be out of place with very well-dressed guests so I insisted we take extra. But the only time it was necessary to wear something really decent was for dinner. And even then, polo shirts and slacks for men and sun dresses or capri pants and blouses were fine for women. We both had too many dress clothes in our suitcase that never even got unpacked.
Afterall, when you spend most of your days here.......

there really isn't much need for extra clothing.
I hope you enjoyed reading about and seeing pictures of our wonderful anniversary trip. It certainly was MY PLEASURE to share it with you.















Absolutely AMAZING! I don't think I've ever even imagined such a vacation, Mary. Do you know I fell on the stone floor of the bathroom in Texas when I visited exactly one month ago. Same story, didn't break anything, but realized how much I need to be careful.
ReplyDeleteTake care, and I hope you get to return some day, O
PS Is that man REALLY your husband???
Once again, M....these shots are freaking INCREDIBLE!!!
ReplyDeleteYou really should start a photo blog!
Honestly!!!!
Well...I would have NEVER left the spa had I gone there!
HOLY COW!...I've never seen anything like this!
Hey...maybe I should get a job there doing Reflexology and Reiki!!!
The photos of the food presentation were stunning! And tiarmisu!!! To DIE FOR!
The whole place looks like something off of Fantasy Island!
I wish you would have smuggled some of this goodness back for me.
ReplyDeleteOlivia, I'm sorry to hear that. But you know when I saw my doctor after returning he said that is a very common injury while on vacation. I thought for sure something was broken! And having a beautiful french balcony makes you want to OPEN it up and just lay there on the bed listening to sounds of the water but really, with a marble tile floor and being right by the ocean, it's probably not a good idea to even do that because of the moisture issues. I'd go back there in a heartbeat but I'd also cover the entire floor with towels for my next jacuzzi. ;)
ReplyDeleteGlad you are okay after your fall.
Yes, that is hubby. He's real beautiful man, inside and out. I'm a lucky woman.
Ron, thank you sooooo much! You are never without a kind word. Ah but this blog will have to be for a little bit of everything, photos included!! I can't even manage the music or jewelry blogs I started.
ReplyDeleteI'm sure you are an amazing reiki and reflexology practitioner but in LeBlanc there aren't any Italian staff members.... only Mexicans. Wonder if it's like that for all of Cancun?? Well, the workers at the hotel were Mexican, the tour drivers, etc. And even on the one tour, we went to a Mayan village. So yup, I'm gonna have to say you probably won't be working in Cancun anytime soon. Eh, I'd miss your posts too much anyway. If you were there all the time you'de never want to blog with all that lusciousness to take in.
Thanks for visiting any your wonderful comments.
Ace, Well we did manage to get some souveniers but shipping out west was too high so I kept it all for myself. ;) You might have liked the bright blue shell overlay mask, a limestone pyramid, an abalone shell egg, a little black onyx statue. And of course a bottle of that delightful fragrance that is diffused through the lobby and hallways each day. That stuff is AWESOME. Oh and hubs brought back a few cigars he bought from a beach seller. Shhhh
ReplyDeleteOh WOW! Amazing pictures and the place sounds like heaven!
ReplyDeletePssst, I have a confession to make..... I biggified the pic of your hubby to get a better look! :0
Holy Moly M! That place just keeps getting better and better!! I think I would have applied for a job and just decided to cancel my flight home. You know....just live there! Everything was so incredibly beautiful!! I'm sorry to hear that you fell though...I've slipped a few times after the jacuzzi! Man oh man...hang on to that hub of yours! You got it all girl! Thanks so much for sharing all these great pictures with us. Many of them have been my screensavers!!
ReplyDeleteAhaaaaaaaa, I feel more relaxed and I was just looking at the photos!
ReplyDeleteAgain, that you for the tour.
I've seen them before and will look again - these images are just MAGICK!
ReplyDelete