The hardest thing about working at home are the distractions. If the phone isn't ringing, and I'm not taking too many quick breaks to log in at FB, it's something else. Today, while I was sitting at the dining room table going through jewelry and craft supplies to evaluate my stock and get organized for a few events I'm planning this year, our dog Ollie wedged his way up onto the chair I WAS SITTING ON. He's done this before, and it is cute and funny, so it was enough to make me want to take a picture of him rather than shoo him off the chair and finish working. Now, I'm blogging. See how easy it was to change my direction! LOL
Before I got sidetracked, I had managed to take a couple other pictures of jewelry that I've made and plan on selling. I adore earrings and absolutely LOVE making them! Unfortunately, I cannot wear any. I've tried a couple metals but my ears got infected. So I let my pierced holes close up many years ago but I often wonder if maybe my body has changed and I could wear them now? I have tried clips but they make my ears swolen, even if they are not tight, so maybe it's not a great idea to try the pierced again. We'll see.
The earrings and bracelet pictured here weren't a set, I had them bagged and priced separately when I first made them, but I think they might go better together. Both abalone shell, with crystals, and gold accents. They are making me think of summer. :) That's a good thing on a cold day. It's in the low 30's here today and we may get a bit of snow again soon.
Do you have any projects that you want to get involved with but either don't have the time or get easily distracted from?
Is there a type or piece of jewelry that you wear all the time or hardly at all? I have a watch that hubby gave me years ago and I rarely wear it. It's nice, a Movado, but casual enough for every day wear. For some reason, I just prefer bracelets.



I have lots of jewellery expensive and costume I wear earrings every day but only wear a watch when I actually go out now I'm retired. :)
ReplyDeleteYour jewellery is just lovely, you are very talented.
Oh, it's so great to hear that you're back to making your flawless jewelry again for your Etsy Shop!
ReplyDeleteAs you know, I just LOVE your style, taste, and design of both your earrings and bracelets. I'm a HUGE fan of your talent!
These pieces are stunning!
Even though I admire and appreciate jewelry, I don't wear any. OMG, I don't even wear a watch - HA!
Looking forward to seeing what else you create this winter!
X
P.S. yeah, did you hear we might be getting more snow of Friday - yipeeeeee!
Great stuff M! I especially LOVE the long dangling earrings!! Not a fan of gold...although it took me years to convince my husband of that! Glad to hear you are being creative again...I'm not....I have that directional problem as well!!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Akelamalu! If and when we get to retirement age, I'll probably be one of those eccentric ladies with too much jewelry, makeup and perfume on. LOL
ReplyDeleteRon, I do love the idea of Etsy, but it's not been easy to sell on there. I give the link out and then I'll have certain people email me to make a private purchase but for some reason I can't get many customers to use the actual site. I'm still hopeful though that as I get some home demos going again I can give the biz cards out with the online addy so that if people can't come to the show, they can get something instead thru the website.
Thanks for your kind words!
Yes, the snow is nice but I'm glad it's stopped before too much accumulation.
Thanks, Jeanne! I have a few gold pieces from Ron too and I do wear them occasionally but I definitely prefer silver!
I'm sure you'll get back to the card-making very soon. Looking forward to seeing a few of them when you do!
Ollie is so adorable, he can share a chair with me any time at all
ReplyDeleteI had terrible reactions to earrings all my life
I let the pierced holes close up twice and had given up
then a few years ago I got an amazing pair of earrings to wear at my son's wedding
I tried once more and have not had a single problem
odd but true
your creations are wonderful!!
I adore the first pair of earrings that you have pictured! Gorgeous!
ReplyDeleteI have a gold & silver mickey mouse watch that my hubby gave me on our honeymoon. I stopped wearing it when our kids came along because it kept getting caught on things, but now I want to clean it up and start wearing it again. I love that watch!
Dianne, thanks for the compliment! That is soooo great that you are able to wear earrings again! I'll hope the same thing happens for me.
ReplyDeleteOllie is sweet and quirky dog who has given us many years of happiness. :)
Angie, thank you! I hope you are able to start wearing your watch again. Mickey Mouse... how awesome!!
I love your pieces! It is hard to sell on Etsy but with a combination of other marketing, it is possible. I too need a studio space. My biggest desire now is to own a home with a 4th bedroom that i can convert in to my studio space. One of these days....but first I've got to find a job ;(
ReplyDelete