Just curious....If you post every day, how do you manage to do it???? How do you find the time and compose your thoughts so quickly? How do you come up with topics?
If I were using this blog as a 'Dear Diary' then I might be tempted to pour my heart out to you about a few different things. Lately though, I'd have to stop crying long enough to type it all out. Some stuff is really better not discussed anyway. Suffice it to say, I'm hurting, but I'm managing. Hugs are welcome in the comment box.
So here's what I am willing to share.........
My grandson's school picture. This sweet little guy makes me SMILE! :))) He's so handsome, happy, intelligent, curious and fun. I love him!
Are any of you watching the ABC TV series 'Once Upon A Time'? My hubby and I like it. I think he kinda digs the Evil Queen. I'm not sure who my fav character is. Snow White is cool, but creepy Rumpelstiltskin is interesting too. I need more fantasy and less reality. *sigh* And I sure wouldn't mind looking that intense in an all black ensemble. A little much for grocery shopping or having tea at Barnes, huh?
Since normally I'm not all that interested in politics, I should probably refrain from putting opinions up here, especially since I don't know how some of you vote or how you stand on the assorted issues. Lately though, I've been getting rather annoyed. Watching part of the process to narrow down the list of presidential candidates for the GOP is like watching a traveling circus. Overly dramatic, smoke and mirrors, bad makeup and weird clowns. And one of them could become our next President! GAH, seriously? Hey, don't get me wrong, I'm not thrilled with the Dems about alot of things and I might not be AS liberal as you think I am, or even as much as I think I am, if that makes any sense. So I do try to be open-minded about different ideas and will listen to some candidates for awhile, but this group, well thank goodness it's almost over because I'm running out of patience.
Mitt's the guy who made over $42 million dollars in the last 2 years and paid around 15% in taxes. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I get that it was based on capital gains. Investments, etc. Legal, sure. I can't argue that. Screwy tax codes work pretty well for some. Go Mitt, Go Mitt. And if the capital gains tax was zero, which alot of people think it should be, he wouldn't have paid much of anything at all.
It's really not even that he has a huge amount of personal wealth that annoys me. Sure, it would be great if someone would pay my husband more. He does hard, physical work and his body will wear out from it long before he's saved enough of what's left over every paycheck to retire comfortably. Why is Bruce's song 'The River' coming to mind?? Yep, Mary got pregnant, hubs got a union card and a wedding coat. He's certainly not sitting in a cushy office shuffling money around for exorbitant managing fees. It is what it is though and we're happy enough with what we have most of the time. But what really bothered me about Mitt was when I read that he said the speaker's fees he gets occasionally were 'not very much' and that figure for last year turned out to be almost $375,000. Not very much, huh? Sad. So sad. He's made other comments too, like that he was unemployed last year. Hey, I'm a Sag, I have a sense of humor, but I don't find him funny. I think he's insensitive and doesn't really understand what many people are going through. I don't think a fat-cat businessman who doesn't actually work for a paycheck can provide real solutions for those who do.
And then there's Gingrich, who could end up with the nomination over Romney. Wait, is Santorum still in it?? My uterus has stopped twitching, so he's probably only got an outside chance at this point, thank ye gods. Anyway, Newt made less money and paid more of a percentage in taxes but he's reaching so far back in giving his own ideas praise that I fear he might just break an arm. Enough already. You're not as interesting or intelligent as you think you are.
And there you have it.... a cryptic feel sorry for poor me plea, a couple of photos and some boring political drivel. How fast can you leave a comment and get the heck out of here you're probably wondering. ;)
I'll try to visit soon and check out what's new with you! Hope you got some good stuff going on. xo


Keep looking at your grandson's picture... that smile is infectious.
ReplyDeleteI sympathise over the political scene. We have so much coverage of the goings-on in your country and I don't wonder at your concern.
Very interesting reading--your take on things. Good food for thought. I like how your blog posts trigger a lot of new thoughts. I also marvel that anyone posts to a blog every day. If it were a job and someone paid me to do it, I would do it, but I'm retired. So I do it if it amuses me. If I imposed the discipline of posting everyday, it would start to reek of routine--been there, done that. I have too many interesting things to do to become a slave to a blog.
ReplyDeleteI enjoy reading what people think about politics. Personally, I hate the whole process and since I realize that my comments would just be spitting in the wind, I don't bother. It doesn't matter how many millions they spend on campaigning, it doesn't influence me or change my mind. I know what I think and that is how I will vote. I agree that there is nothing to get excited about with either party. It is usually hold my nose and vote. Since they can't agree on how to improve anything for anyone except themselves, the only statement I can make with my vote is to vote against incumbents.
I stay away from politics. What a mess we've got goin' on. *sigh*
ReplyDeleteYour grandson is adorable and I'm enjoying "Once Upon A Time" as well as "Grimm". They're no "Buffy" or "Angel" but they'll do!
I don't know how people post every day either. I like to at least say something half way interesting or amusing and I just don't have that much material to work with in my life!
ReplyDeletePolitics drives me insane!!! My new motto for this election is, "I don't vote for adulterers or people in religious cults!" I guess that eliminates me voting Republican! I will say this about taxes, we pay the highest percentage and we don't make anywhere near what Romney makes. Our capital gains 'income' goes towards paying for our 3 kids' college tuitions, not so we can drive sports cars (Honda Civics is more like it!) So yeah, we are worried about raising taxes on the 'rich' (whatever definition Obama thinks that is).
Well, as you know I don't post everyday, nor do I know how others do it!?!? I've all to do with posting TWICE a week. For me, twice a week works out best.
ReplyDeleteLove the photo of Alex! What a GREAT smile!
And hey, thanks for mentioning 'Once Upon A Time' because (not being a TV watcher) I've never heard of it but it sounds like something I would enjoy.
Sending ya a BIG Reiki hug....
((((( You )))))))
X
Your grandson's smile is enough to brighten anyone's day! :)
ReplyDeleteHope whatever is making you cry gets a kick in the teeth. Feel better soon lovely. x
I try to post most days of the week but it's not always easy. I'm not much of a TV watcher but Breen and I like Modern Family and Shameless on Showtime.
ReplyDeleteThe various politicians frighten me. I don't really care what party they are affiliated with; they all just tell you what they think you want to hear. Lip service is all it boils down to.
Yeah, we're left with two politicians that don't give us the warm fuzzies. Our system is out of whack. I blame money and big business. We have to re-work the entire system, eliminate excessive donations, remove special interests, shorten the process, and have the candidates explain to us why we should vote for them and not just why "my opponent sucks" advertisements.
ReplyDeleteI don't know how people post every day either, Mary. It's beyond me as the days fly by. I am sending you HUGS HUGS and MORE HUGS, xoO
ReplyDeleteValerie, sweet Alex is such a happy kid. Love him!
ReplyDeleteRJ, even if someone paid me to do it I doubt I'd have much of interest to say on a daily basis.
No, the money they spend doesn't influence me either. There should definitely be some campaign finance reform happening and soon though. The money some of them spend is staggering.
Nitebyrd, I haven't watched 'Grimm' but heard it's really good. Actually haven't seen Buffy or Angel either. Ooh, but we are waiting on The Borgias to start up again soon.
Bijoux, I've had it with politics too. It's great you have additional income for college! We weren't ever in a position to do investing and the plan hubby has at work gets a little worse each year. Our son is going to County college though but has financial aid.
Ron, thanks for the hug!! Yes, isn't Alex just adorable. He's so funny too. Lots of personality!!
OH I think you definitely would enjoy OUAT. When the season is finished and comes out on vid you should check it out. The way they go back and forth from fairy tale life to real life is very interesting. The costumes and makeup are neat too!!
Akelamalu, thank YOU dear lady. I have to just hang on and hope to move thru a few things quickly.
You're right, his smile is terrific.
Jane, you know how much I adore your blog, so keep writing woman!!!
Haven't seen either of those shows. We just started watching Alcatraz. We each have other activities... he plays piano and of course I have reading and crafting... but a little mindless t.v. is okay sometimes too. ;)
HT, yes our system is VERY out of whack. Scarily so. Campaign reform should be addressed asap.
Olivia, thank you, thank you, thank you!! I accept them ALL and they feel soooo good.
xo