Pages

Friday, January 6, 2012

Gino who??





Since it's Friday, I thought the song 'Thank God It's Friday' would be fun. I couldn't find a worthy video to post but I noticed in the Youtube line-up some Giorgio Moroder which led to Gino Soccio and it was then that I fell so far back into my teenage years that I'm going to need a long, hot bath to soak off the body glitter and relax that tight perm.  STEP AWAY FROM THE POLYESTER, GIRL!
Yeah, yeah, but back to this song.  Okay, I doubt any of you are going to hang around for the whole 8:28 but atleast fast forward to 7:00 and listen to that much.  Pumping base, hot dance grooves.  OMG, I had this 12 inch record and it was AMAZING! I wasn't really old enough to get into clubs since I was only about 15 when this song came out. The high school dances were as exciting as it got for me, but in my mind I was sooo there! Wildly sexy, totally free, a little bit high and definitely popular. No, I wasn't that girl in the corduroy pants and earth shoes hanging out waiting for marching band practice to start, I swear I wasn't.

Ahhh, what a neat flashback!!!  Although, it's a good thing we weren't on Skype together when I found this song or you'de have seen me dislocate my hip.  Damn, where's the Advil?!

Have a wonderful weekend.  Hope you all do something FUN! 

10 comments:

  1. I have NO IDEA why I don't remember this song! Is that 1979 on the label? I should remember this! LOVE the beat!

    Ahhhh....remember when records were more than 3 minutes long?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE THIS SONG!!!!!!

    And yes...I remember (so clearly) dancin' and groovin' to it at the disco clubs!!!

    God, I don't care what anybody says, I LOVE DISCO!!!!

    "STEP AWAY FROM THE POLYESTER, GIRL!"

    Bwhahahahahhahahaha! HILARIOUS!

    Thanks for the awesome flashback, M!

    Enjoyed it!

    Have a wonderfully groovy weekend!

    X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those were the days, sounds like another old tune. Anyway, I enjoy your blog and that background is awesome. I live in your region so I like to see what you're up to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I listened to the whole thing as I got dressed and loved it! You have a great sense of humor, Mary :) xoO

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't remember the song but I had a nice jig around while this video was playing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's funny M! I don't remember this song either...and I should....I really should!! I was groovin' along with the beat though! STEP AWAY FROM the POLYESTER! I LOVE it!! Bwahahahah! Get your Groove On for the weekend!! Have a great one!! How do you find the time??? You have a ton of really great stuff in your shop right now!!! Love the turquoise and black and white...and the purple....all of it!!!
    xo
    Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Don't know this one but it is fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That was so disco I was certain that Casey and the Sunshine Band were going to knock on my front door at any moment :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had so much polyester in my closet and hairspray on my head that it's a wonder my apartment didn't explode

    ReplyDelete
  10. Not sure I am old enough to know this song but seems like a pretty good song to get you pumped up for the weekend :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I appreciate you!