Pages

Monday, February 13, 2012

Mishmash and mingle-mangle

Did you watch the Grammys?  I caught a few minutes in between Hoarders and whatever else I stopped on while channel surfing.  There are so many artists today that I've never even heard of.  Bon Iver, who's that?  Trey Parker, other than recently reading he co-created South Park (which I never watched anyway) I don't know him.  Nicki Minaj, nah, not into hip hop, sorry.  Skrillex, who???  Chris Brown, nope.  Taylor Swift, know the name but not one song she sings.  Cee Lo, The Civil Wars, Kirk Franklin... not a clue.  Okay, Adele and Foo Fighters I know and maybe a couple others looked familiar when I read the list of winners, but not many.  Hey, I got into Aerosmith (and a few other bands) many years ago, and I still listen to them today.  Creature of habit I guess.  

Moving right along....
it's now PHOTO TIME. 

Greta doesn't much like the cold weather we've been having lately.  I think she'd crawl into the vent if she could.

How the blanket got off the bed, I don't know.  I guess Ollie wasn't too happy about it though since he managed to get the sheet off the one side so he could get under it.  I told you in the last post how much of a comfort dog he is.   Maybe I should be horrified that he's laying on the bare mattress??  Na, he's too darn cute to get upset with.

Here's the grandest of granddaughters.  Isn't she lovely!?

In other news.... I defriended a handful of people from my FB page today.  And if I really wanted to clean house I could have deleted another 15-20.  Maybe I'll get to those tomorrow.  I wasn't trying to be mean, I just never did get the point of being 'friends' with people I have no connection to.  Okay, we went to school together 30 years ago.  Do we talk now?  If you leave a little love on my page by way of a 'like' or a comment now and then or I like or comment occasionally on things you post, or we know of each other from Blogland, or we email, or message each other occasionally then the connection is there.  If not, defriending is no big deal, right? 

Hmm.... what else did I want to mention?
...
...
OH I remember.  Picnik is closing in April.  *makes me sad*
I only used the free part of their site but was still able to do alot of photo editing with what was offered.  They were bought by Google and I read that some of the tools will be available on Google + but since I haven't joined up for that I'll just have to get back into my Photoshop program and learn mad new skills there. 

Have a great week, dear ones!  xo

13 comments:

  1. I have heard of Adele. I love her music and I would stand in a line up overnight to get tickets to see her in concert. The only other person I would do that for is Elton John.

    Cats in front of vents? It is a cat's life. I am jealous of Greta. (Have I mentioned I love the name Greta? It is a perfect name for a cat.)

    Pets sleep on beds here too.

    Your granddaughter is a doll!

    Funny you would mention Facebook because I deactivated my account today. I have had enough. I will post about it sometime this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I didn't watch the Grammy's, but I did hear from people at work today, that Adele was very good!

    Great photos! Love the one of Greta hanging out by the heat vent - HA!

    And OMG...your granddaughter is so PRECIOUS!!!!!

    I hear ya on defriending certain people on FB because I've been thinking about doing the same thing. I have friends there that I never even talk to anymore. In fact, I may just delete my FB account soon because I NEVER used it other than to import my blog posts so that people could read it, but heard that FB doesn't even allow that anymore. Plus, blogging keeps me busy as it is.

    If you're looking for another free photo editing website, try Lunapic.com. I use it and LOVE it!

    Have a great weekend, neighbor!

    X

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did watch the Grammy's and liked (1) The Beach Boys (they are really Beach Men now), (2) Adele (who I hadn't heard of before) and (3) Jennifer Hudson's tribute to Whitney Houston.

    I don't watch Chris Brown because he beat up Rhihanna and I am so opposed to how he has acted about that. Nicki Minaj's routine made me sick just to watch it so I skipped over that (I recorded the whole thing so that I could do that).

    Your pets and your granddaughter are sweet...I'm glad you didn't delete ME from FB, Mary :) I checked to make sure!!

    Love and peace and many blessings, xoO

    ReplyDelete
  4. What? No love for Bon Iver? Well, I'll have to make sure to correct that for you!

    And yeah, the Grammy's are a nothing more than a bunch of record execs congratulating themselves. It's been that way for a while. There are many, many great bands out there that don't get the exposure they deserve. You just have to keep an ear out for them (or ask me! ;-))

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree, we can't be cross with our beloved pets. Your granddaughter has a gorgeous smile.

    I was going to mention Lunapic but Ron got there before me.

    I rarely go on Facebook now. I didn't care for the intrusiveness of FB and some of the inane comments got on my nerves. I have defriended but I guess closing the account is the only sensible way to go.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've deleted a few on FB recently as well. Sometimes I feel people friend you just to be nosy and truly have no interest in actually being friends, in the true sense of the word. And then there are others who I didn't know that well in HS, but have gotten to know better via FB and we've gotten together IRL and enjoyed ourselves. It's weird.

    I never watch the Grammy's. All of those 'artists' are so overplayed on the commercial radio. It's like brainwashing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Didn't see the Grammys but I'm a big Adele fan.

    Your granddaughter is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm still stuck in the era of the Beatles and Beach Boys. I don't pay any attention to current music or the Grammy Awards. I saw Adele on 60 Minutes, and she has a good voice which I can respect and sings understandable lyrics, so I can be a fan.

    So many things to agree with in your post--gorgeous granddaughter btw.

    I have philosophical differences with Facebook. If I don't already know someone, that wouldn't be the place where I would get acquainted. I prefer e-mail and personal messages. If I post pictures, I have a private site where I direct friends and family to look at my pictures. I have privacy issues. I don't really need them as a middle man in my social life. I march to my own drummer.

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a bunch of sweeties you are surrounded by
    my cats would climb into the vent as well and both of them take the bed apart until they find the spot they want

    your grand girl is adorable

    I'm going to miss picnik too!! I joined Google+ and it sucks Mary, really sucks
    seems to just want to be another FB which I hate
    I couldn't get the phot editor to even launch

    ReplyDelete
  10. Now that Grammy part really surprised me. You have not heard any Taylor Swift songs?!? She is absolutely precious! Everyone should listen to at least one song! I promise you wont regret it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey M! I watch Hoarders from time to time also...WHY I watch, I'm not quite sure, but I suspect it is because I am horrified, yet I just can't look away! Weird. I am not a fan of Google+ either, but am VERY fond of Picnik and I have been a premium member for a long time. I'm really sad that it's going away. I will try the one that Ron suggested. I don't know why they can't just leave well enough alone! Picnik was SO GREAT! Your granddaughter is a cutie! Of course, you know how much I love the four footed family members :)

    I watched the Grammy's too and I had not heard of SO many of them!! Taylor Swift, I love! Adele has talent! Minoj was awful! I did like the tribute that Jennifer Hudson did for Whitney Houston. That was amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Even though I don't usually listen to that type of music, I LOVE Adele. I was pleased she won all the Grammys she was nominated for. And, thank Gods for the Foo Fighters - rock & roll isn't truly dead. Other than that, I'm with you. Who? Why?

    Your granddaughter is a doll!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Barbara, one band I would still like to see is U2, however, I wouldn't stand overnight for tix and the prices for decent seats are getting so expensive that it's not likely I'll see them anyway.

    Ron, I do like FB and keep in touch with people there, just don't need all the extra people.
    Sierra... OMG, love her!!
    Thanks for the photo site info. I'll be checking it out!

    Olivia, OH I would NEVER delete you! Unless I de-activate my account, you're totally safe. ;) I enjoy our connection. xo

    HT, I'll have to try and remember to check them out on Youtube!
    I used to like some awards shows but I guess my attention span isn't as good as it used to be.

    Valerie, thanks, I will try Lunapic. As far as I know, you can change settings for privacy on FB so not everyone who is a friend can see your photos but I haven't gotten the new Timeline thing so have no idea what will change with the new layout.

    Bijoux, yes, I agree! I have a few people who I didn't hang out with in school but am now friends with at FB and we send messages back and forth. Others I was friends with back then and have them on my FB page but they rarely speak to me now.

    Akelamalu, thanks! Of course, we adore her.
    Adele has a nice voice and seems to have a neat personality too. I hope she continues to do well.

    RJ, my husband and son are big Beatles fans. One of the local radio stations does 'Breakfast with the Beatles', well, probably alot of big cities do it. Always good to listen to that for awhile.
    I do post ALOT of photos on FB but they are viewable to 'friends' only. I could tweak that even more I think and have them only available to ones I specificially allow, I think. But my blog is public and I post a great many photos here too which is worse than the people who see them on FB because anyone can stop at my blog and look. I suppose I could make readership private if it concerned me enough.

    Dianne, thank you! The grands give us such love. It's wonderful.
    I haven't joined Google+ and haven't heard anything great about it, so for now I'll stick with what I'm doing. And try Lunapic for the photo editing!

    Cestlavie22, yesterday in the car a song came on and my daughter said it was Taylor Swift. I'll drag myself into modern times one of these days. haha

    Jeanne, I can't watch the animal hoarding show. Toooo sad. Even if a regular episode has a person with too many pets, I still get all teary-eyed and sometimes have to change the channel.
    Sometimes I'll be watching an episode and start straightening up or dusting the bookcase near the t.v. LOL

    Nitebyrd, thank you! Sierra is such a sweetie! I like alot of songs by Foo Fighters. My son really likes them and so does my BIL.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I appreciate you!