Pages

Monday, February 20, 2012

Monday Meme

A question over at That's My Answer today is:

If you had a personal assistant, what would you have them do?

LAUNDRY!  I don't mind washing it so much, but getting it in and out of the dryer and then folding and putting it away ... GAH!  It's one of my least favorite household chores.    

My assistant would be trained in Reiki, Reflexology, Aromatherapy and a few other relaxation and healing modalities so I'd expect some TLC a few times a day.

Another thing I'd want help with would be writing.  No, sorry, not my memoirs.  Just general stuff like blog and FB posts.... more interesting content, less ramble.  Also, my Reiki manuals have to be finished before I teach classes so it would be great to have someone to help condense the material and maybe even do a few drawings. 

Something else that I'd like my assistant to help me with would be motivation for daily exercise.  A buddy to do different activities with seems more enjoyable than doing them alone.  I have all the equipment here at home ... treadmill, weights, bike, yoga manuals, belly dancing cd's ....  just can't seem to stick with anything by myself on a daily basis.

Have you ever had an assistant, at work or at home?  What did or would you have one do?


13 comments:

  1. Mary, it sounds like you would do well with a coach--maybe a real coach or a friend who could serve as a coach?!

    I have had an assistant on and off for about 6 years (the same person). She does heavy cleaning, all of our handyman jobs (honey-do type things), and helps me to declutter on an ongoing basis. She also organizes things and works on special projects--for example, she organized my files. She sets appointments with and supervises all of the different workers and repair people that come to the house--gardener, heating repair, roof & gutter cleaner, etc. She is a godsend and I don't think that at my age I could manage such a big house and grounds without her! I am very lucky... xoO

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG...I can answer this one easy!

    If I had an assistant, all I would ever want them to do would be to COOK for me. I hate to cook, so I would pay someone a MILLION dollars to do it FOR me.

    Happy Monday, neighbor!

    Have a faaaaabulous week!

    X

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a teen helper once who watched my kids while I did chores! Not that much fun.

    If I had an assistant - she'd do all my driving for me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lessee....if I had an assistant, I'd have them:

    - Dot my lower-case j's
    - Record all of my misnomers for posterity
    - Address me as "Dr. Raul" while in public
    - Divide by 0

    ReplyDelete
  5. Does it have to be just one thing? Since this is pretend I will go for the gusto.

    Putting away laundry, the floors, making meals, grocery shopping and massages. Reiki for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi M! I'd love to have an assistant to clean my house!!! I loathe cleaning...I would pay a zillion dollars...like Ron said! I don't like to cook either, but I'd rather have them to the cleaning!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You teach Reiki? Wow!

    I used to have a paid assistant but then hubs retired and took over. Bless him.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yup, I agree with Ron. I'd want them to grocery shop and cook. I'm sick of cooking.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't want an assistand, I want a housekeeper
    all the stuff assistants typically do - clerical, errands and such - are things I don't mind
    I want someone to cook and clean for me

    try iPiccy.com, I'm liking it
    I am also playing around with lunapic as Ron suggested

    ReplyDelete
  10. Olivia, it's wonderful that you have someone to help you with all of those things. Since we have a small home and a small budget too, me and hubby are it. He handles a few things, I handle a few things and what doesn't get done... doesn't get done. Or gets done eventually in some way.

    Ron, I've always liked cooking. I'm no gourmet chef or anything but all the basics I can handle. We do like to go out too but it gets expensive and it's not as easy to eat healthy at some restaurants.

    Bijoux, you'de think I'd hate to drive too since NJ roads are famous for being a pain in the butt. Potholes, construction, traffic, etc. But actually, I don't mind it most of the time. Since I have horrible motion sickness, being a passenger is worse for me.

    HT, I can clearly see how much you need an assistant. ;)

    Birdie, you can have them do as much as you like. Good list! I give and send Reiki so often that to receive it would be wonderful!

    Jeanne, who really loves cleaning, right? I don't mind straightening and some cleaning, but when it's curtains have to come down, windows need washing time ... bleh!

    Valerie, I don't teach yet. I have my master certificate so I can when I'm ready but instead of purchasing the manuals my teacher put together I wanted to develop my own and that's taken some time. Currently, I'm just doing Reiki on a volunteer basis but hoping to have students and paying clients eventually.

    Nitebyrd, I don't mind cooking but I don't always make big meals. Sometimes we have breakfast for dinner, or sandwiches and soup. I can't be Nigella every day. ;) OH how I would love to though.

    Akelamalu, I'll bet he loves being your assistant too! ;) You're a cute couple.

    Dianne, I have a fairly small house so general cleaning isn't terrible... unless I get to FB'ing and blogging too much and then the dust bunnies start to mock me. ;)
    Thanks for the suggestion. I'll try it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I never had a personal assistant but if I did I would have them shop for me. I am one of those girls who LOVES getting new clothes but I hate going to the store and looking for them. If I dont find what I want in .5 seconds I leave the store empty handed and grumpy. This would be an ideal job for a personal assistant!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I wouldn't know what to do with a personal assistant. I prefer to do stuff my way. I would drive an assistant crazy. It is quicker to do things myself. I suppose if I were physically disabled, maybe I would learn to like the concept.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I appreciate you!