Our granddaughter's birthday party was at a dress up place for kids. CJ is only 4 months old so he couldn't join in on the fun but got to sit and look adorable. Yeah, he did!!
You can do an add-on to the party and have a special Princess join in. Our birthday girl loves the movie Frozen. So my sister made sure Elsa would be available that night. The girl who dressed as the Queen of Arendelle was wonderful. She was enjoyed by all the little girls, but gave extra attention to our Princess Sierra.
And when it was time for everyone to sing the song 'Let It Go' from Frozen... Alex was belting it out like he'd been in show business for years. That kid is so funny. Love him!
In other and completely non-related happenings....
You know on Ron's days off we sometimes take a drive. We were looking to see changing leaves but it was still a bit early. We pulled over, wandered down a small incline and saw this view. It's somewhere in Bucks County....
and not too far from Ringing Rocks Park. We weren't prepared to spend much time there... didn't have hammers or good shoes... but the walk thru the woods was nice. We end up in the woods a lot. haha You'd think I like camping, right? NO, not at all.
Ron only went out a little bit. Just to check out the boulder field. It's big! And if we did have a hammer we could have banged it on the rocks to see what sounds were produced. That day we just listened to others having fun.
Spent some time with my daughter at a craft fair. It was her first one and she enjoyed the day.
She makes the neatest things out of duct tape. Wallets, change purses, note pads, pens, etc.
I had my jewelry on display, of course. It's Breast Cancer Awareness month so I've had a couple sales recently on special items. On one hand it's sad that there are so many products now that people want for showing support. I had some mixed feelings initially about making money on something like that. I give donations to different causes when I can but I'm such a small business (more like a hobby that I make a few bucks from) that I can't give it all away. And where does some of the money collected from donations go anyway? Cancer is big business in some ways, don't even get me started on that. But, my sister is a survivor and thinks it's important to get the conversation going. She wears the jewelry, and participates in walks, and is a support person when needed for others.
Another fairly new earring line that I'm probably going to continue with incorporates beads that I purchased from Jerusalem. They are made in Bethlehem by crafters that use the wood of Olive trees. Originally, I bought the beads when I was making rosaries years ago. I may start doing them again as there's been some interest in them, too.
So there's my assortment for this week. Hey, I know that I could split this post into 3 separate ones but I'm never sure if I'll have the time or motivation to share so I'm here now and this is what you're getting.
Have a GREAT DAY!













Ringing Rocks park sounds so interesting! And beads made from olive trees? Who knew?
ReplyDeleteMy daughter who is student teaching at a preschool always comments on the popularity of Frozen. Looks like a fun party!
Mary, that first photograph of your grandson is BEYOND adorable! OMG...what a precious little face! He is sooooooo CUTE! And I love his Superman pajama's!
ReplyDelete" The girl who dressed as the Queen of Arendelle was wonderful. She was enjoyed by all the little girls, but gave extra attention to our Princess Sierra."
And I bet Sierra had the time of her life! What great photographs!
"Alex was belting it out like he'd been in show business for years. That kid is so funny."
He's a total natural for show business! You GO, boy!
Beautiful photographs of Bucks County. I don't know whether you knew this, but before my family moved to Florida, we lived in Bucks County.
And I can see that your daughter got your talent for crafts. Love the duct tape wallet! And as always, your jewelry is just lovely. I especially like those earrings with the crosses.
Glad you posted. It's great to catch up with you, my friend!
Have a maaaaaaahvelous week!
X
CJ is ADORABLE! Those eyes!
ReplyDeleteWhat do you and Ron do exactly when you end up in the woods??????
The little fellow is, as you say, ADORABLE.
ReplyDeleteRinging rocks, that's a new one on me. I'm wondering now what the sound would be like.
A special place to hold a party is a wonderful idea. I let the children are starry eyed when the princess arrives.
A delightful post, Mary. Thank you for sharing.
Children's parties have sure changed over the years, but I love the over-the-top ones for 5 to 11 year olds. One year we had an Alice in Wonderland party that took 20 hours to prepare but was so wonderful that just writing about it brings me close to tears. Oh, let's face it, lots of things bring to tears. That doesn't take away from the magic
ReplyDeleteLooks like the kids had a great time! For me, the park would be the more appealing option - that's a beautiful place.
ReplyDeleteYour grandson is just beautiful, Mary! So cute!
ReplyDeleteAnd I love all the photos of the kids. Looks like they had a lot of fun!
Nice nature shots, too!
Bijoux, I've never actually watched the movie, only a few minutes here and there. I have to take video one of these days of my grands singing.
ReplyDeleteYeah, like I need more beads... and shipping rates from Israel. lol
Ron, he is a handsome baby. Bucks County has some nice areas. Had you ever been to Ringing Rocks? We heard of it, but really just came upon it that day when looking on the Garmin for something nearby since we were only a few minutes at the scenic overlook.
Birdie, we are hoping his eyes stay blue.
Hmm.... what do we do in the woods??? I'll never tell. haha
Val, I guess everyone says their children and grandchildren are beautiful, but CJ really is a nice looking baby.
They fit much fun into a two hour party at that place!
Lorna, someone I know just had an Alice in Wonderland theme for her birthday. I wasn't there but saw the pictures and it looked fun. Theme parties always are.
Secret Agent Woman, The parties are nice, and fun, but it sure is good to be able to get away to quiet places, too! Well, not that banging on rocks with hammers is quiet. lol It wasn't crowded that day though. Maybe it never really is?
Rob, thank you! We're so happy and thankful to be able to share in some of the fun the kids are having. :)
Wait you can have Elsa show up at a party? Is that a real thing or did you have a friend dress up for it? Because that is the most adorable thing I have seen. I wonder if we could hire a batman actor for my nephews bday...
ReplyDeleteCestlavie22, YES! At that birthday place, you can have certain characters there. I guess it depends on who is available that day and what costumes they have for one to chose from, but since Elsa is soooooo wildly popular, they could make our little princess very happy.
ReplyDelete