Pages

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Alphabetically Speaking

Blog buddies Aislinge, over at Tr'aislinge's Blog made mention of a family mem owning quite a large collection of movies and Dawn, at The Diary of an Angry White Woman in America said she may do a blog list of her favorite flicks. I'm going one further and listing ALL the DVD's we currently own. Actually, this list isn't inclusive of my daughter's stash and also doesn't cover what we've got on VHS. You might be wondering if we ever do anything other than stay in watching movies. LOL YES, we go to see them in theaters too! Actually, I'm surprised we have this many. And as the holidays are getting closer, the tallies will get higher. I've got a couple put away already as gifts for hubby and the kids and I'm asking for some also, including, but not limited to Maude, (70's t.v. series), Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman (also an oldie on late night t.v.), Prisoner: Cell Block H (atleast the 1st season).
Oh my... if I get them, when will I have time to BLOG???? I really will need a housekeeper, nanny, and business partner then.
Hmmm.... now that I'm looking around, I see drawers of candles and oils, hundreds of books on the shelves and hundreds of CD's in our music collection and to go with all those DVD's, lots of snackies!! Yes, that is an almost finished bag of Granny's Kettle Corn from a Country Fair we attended in Batsto on Sunday over on the side table. Wow, I never realized we were such sensory addicts. My husband would say the 'WE' part is slightly inaccurate.
Atleast there is order to my chaos, I keep our DVD's (and music cd's) in alphabetical order and the books are grouped in a somewhat organized fashion with themes, topics, and authors arranged together. Can I find my car keys..... NO.
Well, here's the movie lineup. I'm off to find some dark chocolate and a spare 2 hours and pick one for a quiet evening home some night very soon.
Addams Family
Addams Family Values
Aerosmith
Along Came Polly
Amadeus
Amelie
An American Haunting
Apolcalypto
Atlantis
Audition
Batman Begins
Bettlejuice
Belly dancing
Birdcage
Blazing Saddles
Boogeyman
Bowflex instructional
Cabaret
Caddyshack
Cape Fear
Captain Corelli's Mandolin
Charlie Brown's Christmas
Chain Reaction
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
Cheaper by the Dozen
Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
Chocolat
Chorus Line
Christmas Carol
Constantine
Coupling
Crash
Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon
Dangerous Liasons
DaVinci Code
Disclosure
Dreams
Edward Scissorhands
Exorcism of Emily Rose
Falling down
Farewell My Concubine
Fight Club
Finding Nemo
Finding Neverland
Fisher King
Frankenstein
French Kiss
Friday the 13th
Garfield
Ghost and the Darkness
Ghost Rider
Gods Must Be Crazy
Gotti
Goodbye Girl
Goodfellas
Halloween
Hannibal
Harry Potter (all)
Hitch
Hostel
Ice Age
Imprint
Incredibles
Interpreter
Interview with the Vampire
Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back
Kama Sutra
Kill Bill 1&2
King Arthur
Kingdom of Heaven
King Kong
Kundun
Last of the Dogmen
Lord of the Rings (all)
Last Emperor
Little Buddha
Little Prince
Lost Boys
Madagascar
Manchurian Candidate
Matrix Revolutions
Memoirs of a Geisha
Midnight in the Garden of Good & Evil
Monsters Inc.
Moulin Rouge
Mr. & Mrs. Smith
Murder by Death
Murder on the Orient Express
My Big Fat Greek Wedding
Nanny McPhee
Napoleon Dynamite
Neverending Story
Nina Takes a Lover
Night at the Museum
Nothing But Trouble
Not Without My Daughter
One Crazy Summer
Open Water
Order
Others
Overboard
Paper Moon
Passion of the Christ
Phone
Pirates of the Caribbean (all)
Planet of the Apes
Point Break
Polar Express
Practical Magic
Pretty in Pink
Primal Fear
Queen of the Damned
Ray
Reservoir Dogs
Risky Business
Sahara
Stargate
Secondhand Lions
Serpent and the Rainbow
School of Rock
Short Circuit
Shrek
16 Blocks
Sixth Sense
Slingblade
S.O.S.
Spanglish
Speed
Spiderman 1&2
Spy Who Loved Me
Star is Born
Stealth
Thomas Crown Affair
Three Stooges (assorted)
Time to Kill
Titus
Tomb Raider
Training Day
2 Days in the Valley
Unfaithful
Unleashed
Van Helsing
Vanishing
Village
War of the Worlds
Wedding Crashers
Whatever Happened to Baby Jane
Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
World's Fastest Indian
Wyatt Earp
Year Without a Santa
Young Frankenstein
And if that isn't enough.... we've also got a box set of Agatha Christie, the t.v. show Kolchak (the Night Stalker), LOST, Donny & Marie Osmond variety shows, Munsters (season 1 &2), and The Godfather collection.
Don't worry... I've no plans to blog the other lists of STUFF. George Carlin would have a field day with us.

1 comment:

  1. There are some good ones in there.

    The movie "Smoke" is pretty good too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I appreciate you!