
Along with the one below of my grandson in his red outfit, these two I also had printed to insert into Christmas cards. We still send out quite a few cards, about 60, but only half will have the picture. Strange how some of my buddies on blogger have read about my lovely grandson Alex and get to see pictures but alot of family members do not know of him at all. I guess it's easy to lose touch. Then again, I haven't given alot of family my blog address. My posts and thoughts are too all over the place at times to let them in. And what if I started blogging about how so and so bugs the living daylights out of me and then cousin what's his name spilled the beans at a holiday party. We have had enough family drama over the years thank you......
Like how after my father died, my sister and I lost our very close and loving relationship. Must not have been as close as I thought it was. We did start talking some after Alex was born, and she's been to visit once or twice, but I think we both feel our relationship just doesn't flow like it used to. Now we really only chat on occasion or a quick email maybe. I miss the old times when we laughed with each other almost every day on the phone, we got together for holidays, we seemed to enjoy each other's company. Funny how things change. Sorry I have to do this...... Edit........Edit.......Edit..........Edit............Edit...........Edit.........Edit.........Edit........Edit.......Edit...
but as people stumble upon my blog I realize I cannot always be free with my thoughts. If you already read it, maybe you know what it pertained to. People might not feel my need to vent about certain situations and wouldn't take it the right way. Bottom line is I miss my sister and alot of people wanted us to work everything out. While part of the problem was my fault, not all of it was, and the part that wasn't doesn't look like it will ever get better.
Drama.....
you want more drama???
Like how a bro-in-law is so freaking anti-social he doesn't even speak to me in my own house at times. Yup, walks in, walks right past me, and sometimes doesn't say a word. He's here to visit his nephew, not me, so why waste time with small talk. Now I am a Sag, for Goddess sake, so I will have none of that silent treatment for long. If I try to make conversation, he'll humor me, maybe laugh at my jokes, answer a question, whatever... but then right back to being rude and inconsiderate. He won't wish me a happy birthday or hubby and I a happy anniversary even tho both occasions are right around Thanksgiving when the whole family is together. I try to understand him because for the most part he's good to my son. Okay, he talks about people, makes fun at other's expense, drinks and smokes wayyyyy tooooo much, has a bad attitude, no patience, and hasn't worked in many months.... but my son knows all this. He likes him for wanting to spend time with him and overlooks his issues. My son isn't easily influenced by people's bad behavior. Maybe he knows his Uncle just needs a friend and tries to be one and leaves all that other crap behind.
Maybe I'm not much better than those I diss today to be blogging away about people on the outskirts of my life but to quote a line from my favorite movie: "Well, I, I don't know what to say except it's Christmas, we're all in misery." Now a trivia question..... who said it and in what movie??
Ellen said it in the movie Christmas Vacation. Hugs, Dawn
ReplyDeleteDing, Ding, Ding,
ReplyDeleteif I had a prize, you'de win it!
That is my fav fav holiday movie!
We watch it EVERY year... sometimes more than once. ;)
OK, so is it an Aquarian trait to say that not for nothing, but the brother who speaks none does not get to come in!
ReplyDeleteWhich is what I'd do. There is no way under the sun that you should put up with that utter shit in my house. No way. Outside, at another's house, well, he is an adult (strictly physically speaking) and there is nothing to do for it, but in my house you must speak to me and be civil.
I sound more like a Scorpio or a Taurus, right? My father is a Scorpio and is so passive it is staggering. But I would not deal with that.
Ash
Hmm... personalities are interesting anyway. Bro-in-law is a Leo... but he's like the lion that has a thorn in it's paw...only he's appreciative for just a short while then he seems to get that thorn back again and just spreads misery. Even for Thankgiving din he tried to get out of it... being social is so not his thing... my husband had to call and remind him that it's their Mother's fav holiday and he better be there. So he went of course, but sat with the kids. LOL
ReplyDeleteToo long to explain in this reply... but being there are only 12 signs, we certainly couldn't reduce each person to just one of them. We are a blend of energies, and I will eventually reply to your blog about astro.