

Alex got a new toy for his birthday. The 'tow mater' from the movie Cars. Speaking of movies, we saw Iron Man this past weekend. It was AWESOME!! We really enjoyed it.

He also got some baby undies with a 'Cars' design. Tooooo cute.

Opening a birthday package his great grandparents sent!
Can't really say I'm completely out of my funk. I'm still trying to figure out priorities and how to manage certain things but at the same time I'm not stressing over anything too much. It's been enjoyable working on new pieces for my Etsy page. I have a couple more craft fairs for the season and for items that don't sell I'm thinking of putting a section on that page for special or clearance items. With the cost of things today and everyone increasing prices I know I would want an option of lesser priced goods if possible.
This new pair of earrings is for anyone who loves red and purple together but also I had those red hat ladies in mind when I made them. A woman who stopped by my table at last week's fair suggested I make a few pieces. Sure!

I still had a decent supply of abalone shell beads left so with the summer almost here, what a better time to get more made. Most of the time, I prefer silver to gold, but in these earrings the gold just works!

My daughter likes these new ones for the rainbow colors but I actually designed them to represent the chakras. Either way, they are colorful and done in all crystals.

Enjoy your day!!! :)
You do beautiful work.
ReplyDeleteLove the pictures your daughter took, the airplane flying into the rainbow! Wow!
And what a cutie patootie that boy is!
Hey, M...as I've told you in previous comments...you've got such a special gift for taking photos...really! Gorgeous shots!
ReplyDeleteI FREAKED when I saw the shot of the rainbow and the plane flying through it! How magical is that???
The earrings are beautiful! I was especially drawn to the abalane shell earrings and how you displayed them on the "classical background." They look like they could be in a professional catalog.
I also noticed the cool things you've added to your blog, like your book favs (some of which I read). And also a new photo of you...I think!?!?
One more thing, I'm so excited about your etsy page, so when you get your photos displayed, please let me know, because I want to add a "etsy page section" to the sidebar on my blog, where I'll place yours and Sorrows art work. I'd love to have you guys there.
Thanks for sharing this post, M. Really enjoyed it!
Okay I have dibs on the abalone one's!!!! hahahahaha
ReplyDeletethose rainbow pictures are great!!!
and the baby is to cute as always!!!
That second rainbow pic that captured the plane flying over is awesome. Great shot. They're all good - especially your grandtot on the Tow Mater!
ReplyDeleteBTW, I just showed Mrs. B your jewelry. She freaked. Loved it. It's the only kind she buys. She likes natural looks. One of my buddies always teases me, 'cause his wife is all about diamonds and platinum and he laments that I can actually afford to help support my wife's jewelry habit!
WOW! The plane with the rainbow is amazing!!! And I love all your jewelry!!! The little red hat ladies will certainly take a liking to those red and purple ones!!
ReplyDeleteAwesome earrings! So colorful and beautiful. I love the abalone a lot.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you're a little out of your funk, even if you still have a little more to go. It's tough being in a funk.
The rainbow pictures are great! I haven't seen a real rainbow in ages.
Honey, I am sorry you're still in a funk. Do something extra special for yourself this weekend, ok?
ReplyDeleteI love the rainbow pictures - specially the one with the plane flying through it!
And look at little man on his 'mater mobile - he's really starting to look like a little boy instead of a baby! He's so cute.
i'm glad you've gotten your Etsy site up, I've been salivating over your earrings for awhile! woohoo!
Happy friday -
fiwa
Hey M~
ReplyDeleteWanted to let you know that I just stopped by and visited your Etsy Page!
YOU ROCK, GIRL!!!
You did a beautiful job!
And a wonderful charity!
Later tonight I'll be creating an Etsy Page link section on my sidebar which will included yours.
I'm so proud of you!
I just bought some earrings from you!! I am so excited you finally got a shop up and going, and you're just awesome to donate some to charity. You rock, Mary!
ReplyDeleteYou do the prettiest work.
ReplyDeleteAnd your daughter did a great job with the rainbow photos. I just love rainbows, don't you? Reminds me of the sweet smell of rain and cleanliness and freshness.
Woohoo! I can't wait to get my earrings! They are so gorgeous.
ReplyDeleteThanks M!
PS - it was mushrooms.
Anndi, thank you. Yes, Alex is sweet but I can't believe I'm his grandmother. OMG
ReplyDeleteRon, thanks, I would still like to take photography classes some day. I have only ever done one workshop. I have had the book list on here for a little while. It's longer than just what is visible, you have to click next to see the rest. I have read alot of books! Yes, that's a photo of me that I added some highlight and text to. It's from a year or two ago, well, when I was thinner, that's for sure. LOL
Burfica, glad you like them, but they sold quick. There will be more listed soon, I hope they are popular as when I go to the next bead show towards the end of the year I want to get more shell beads!
James, he's using the Tow Mater as a walker 'til he gets the balance thing down. Tell the Mrs. thanks so much!! I will be officially posting my page soon. I wear my own jewelry all the time. Hub will buy me gold now and then, but this is much more affordable!! LOL
Bichon, thank you! I loved that rainbow pic too.
Yes, the earrings are so themey for those gals and their tea parties.
Rhea, yeah, I'm slowly climbing out of the pits. LOL Rainbows are so neat, we've seen a few of them lately. I like the abalone alot too.
Fiwa, he really is a sweet little man. Yes, I did curl up in hubs recliner and watch Chocolat yesterday and sipped on a hot cocoa too. It hit the spot! Thank you for salivating! I hope many others will like my jewels.
Rhea, thank you for the order, I really appreciate it. Yes, The Smile Train is a good cause.
Jules, thanks so much! Yes, rainbows are wonderful. I'm glad she got those pictures for me.
Ron, thank you for visiting and for putting my Etsy link on your page. Very cool of you to do. It's a good charity!
ReplyDeleteFiwa, you are welcome and thanks again. I'm not a good candidate for that type of stuff.... my reaction would have probably been like yours.