Found this picture recently and wasn't sure I was actually going to put it on the blog, but for shits and giggles, why not??!!! It sorta reminds me of what I felt like after spending last Saturday in the heat at a craft fair but really it goes back to circa 1982.
I am on the left. On the right was one of my best girlfriends at the time. We called ourselves the 'Bahoochie Sisters' but I really have nooooo idea when or why that started.
So there I am, sprawled out on the bench like a Sid and Nancy disciple. I really wasn't that freaking strange in high school!!! This was for the yearbook or special photo project someone was doing. Sure it was.....
I remember another girlfriend of mine had a brother who was in a band who sorta played some punk tunes. I remember liking the Dead Kennedys, actually still listen to them. But whyohwhyohwhy would I let there be actual photographic proof that I ever dressed like that, even just that one time. It's not bad enough I made the one-legged blue and white striped terry cloth number myself, and was wearing a sweater of my Mother's over top of it. I KNOW I don't still have the huge safety pin that was attached to the leg of the ensemble. You can't really see it but it's big. Where did I even get that?? Must have been some crab trap pin or something as I don't recall their being a punk store in the neighborhood. The black fish nets and killer heels I don't even remember owning. I do remember going to a party later that night with some friends and my girlfriend and I won for best costume. Were they serious??? Okay, this one must go right back into the VAULT immediately.
I love this picture. Wish a had any fond memories of high school. Got any more?
ReplyDeleteHeehee... I LOVE it! Girl, we all have our fashion mistakes to look back on - at least we were creative! I had a black 50's style shirt-waist dress that buttoned up the front that I would leave unbuttoned from the waist down - and I wore it over turquoise tights (NOT the see-through kind) with silver shoes. I thought I was hot!
ReplyDeleteOK, M...in all seriousnes...I LOVE this photo!!
ReplyDeleteREALLY!
I can tell just from knowing you...that you and I would have hung out in school together, being on the drama club commity or something.
(and I bet you love Halloween too)
And I've actually seen those type pants on some of the art design students here in the city. I think their cool!
And the PIN you talk about....I remember those.
I think you could get them at Spencer's in the mall.
Hey...bring out some more of these photo's from the vault...and SHARE them!
I thought the photo looked artsy.
ReplyDeletePretty cool that you remember all that.
OMG! I sure hope nobody decides to blackmail me with the likes of what I used to show up in ... in high school! I commend you for posting this!
ReplyDeleteI'm thinking, Raggedy Ann(sp?) meets DEVO.
ReplyDeleteI'll bet you were a hoot in high school.
You both look great! Just think of your picture as a documentation of '80's clothing for history. :D
ReplyDeleteI also want to say THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU! for the totally awesome, gorgeous earrings! I luvvvrre them!
You just ripped the prison uniform to shreds when you escaped.. didn't you! LOLOLOLOL
ReplyDeleteDebi, there were some other ones posted awhile back of me baton twirling and when we had murder mystery parties, have to scan back to see them.
ReplyDeleteFiwa, turquoise tights and silver shoes??? Hmmm.... do you have a picture of that ensem???
Ron, thank you, yes I do love Halloween but haven't had a party in many years or dressed up lately either. :(
Hammer, artsy? Cool, I can go for that. It's the short term memory we need to worry about right?
Bichonpawz, OH we should all have to post something like this. Makes for crazy blogging anyway. LOL
Jeff, you have NOOO idea. LOL
Nitebyrd, now if I could only still fit in something like that. LOL
I'm soooo GLAD you are happy with the earrings!
Anndi, YES!!! And they are still looking for me. You won't tell where I am will ya??