Pages

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

A Dad and his little boy


This is a really nice capture but it would have been even better if I had the settings worked out better on my camera. Arrggghhhh. I keep saying I'm going to look into a class..... I'm such a procrastinator. :( I have books. I'm just not able to quite understand the specifics. Apertures, f-stops, ISO's, when to use this or that setting, etc. all confuses me. The auto setting should be the easiest but I get blur and other probs with that too. For as much as I love taking pictures and as much as I would love to take better pictures, something is blocking me from understanding the technical stuff.
Anyway, back to the picture:
Alex had fallen asleep on the way home from an afternoon of swimming with Mommy and Daddy. When he got him out of the car, our sweet little guy stayed asleep in his arms and just before they went upstairs I told him to wait right there!! Mimi makes everyone wait for pictures. So they were standing in front of a window and the light seemed perfect and I thought black and white or sepia would be good for this one. But it just didn't come out as clear as I'd hoped. It's still a sweet image though. :))

10 comments:

  1. It is a beautiful image. Any fault in the settings or quality of the photo is totally trumped by the awesomeness of the actual picture of him and his little guy. It's the sweetest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely, my dear... Now come read a new post. I'd love your reaction.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is a great picture!! :)

    I love what you have done with it on picnik. :) good job.

    i am a procrastinator too!! I really would love to be able to take a photography class, but first I should work on cleaning my house. lol

    great job!!

    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG, M!

    It's breathtaking!

    It's the PERFECT Kodak moment!!!

    LOVE the black and white, dear lady!

    Hey listen, I always meant to share this with you...

    When I lived in Florida, the people who's house I lived behind for 13 years, had several grandchildren...

    And the always referred to their grandmother as MIMI!!!

    How cool is that?

    Thanks for sharing your beautiful art, M!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bekster, You are so sweet. Thank you. He's a beautiful little guy.
    Ronjazz, thank you!
    Rhea, I really do like black and white images.
    Jennifer, clean the house or blog, clean the house or blog????? Eh, BLOG!
    Ron, thanks much! That is so cool. We have a friend who is also a Mimi to her grandchildren. To me, it sounded neat and young!
    Granny just wasn't cutting it. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's beautiful my dear... priceless.

    I'll be a "Mimi" too when my time comes... I think...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw, it's a beautiful picture, just like it is.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Whatever you did it worked perfectly. Amazing picture!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anndi, he's not saying 'mimi' yet, but hopefully soon!!
    Fiwa, thank you. Might not be technically right but it sure shows love!
    Nitebyrd, You are very kind to say that. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I appreciate you!