Pages

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Eight Things Meme

Lacking blog ideas lately, I 'borrowed' this fun meme from Rhea, at Texas Word Tangle.

Eight things I am passionate about:
1. Hubby
2. Venti Soy Cocoa
3. My kids and grandson, they should be #2 but I don't feel like backspacing. Freudian slip??
4. MUSIC!
5. Reading
6. Friendships
7. Searching for my truths
8. Enjoying life

Eight things I would like to do before I die:
1. Follow my bliss.
2. Travel.
3. Get healthier.
4. Take awesome pictures.
5. Delete any incriminating emails.
6. Ride a motorcycle.
7. Make peace with whomever necessary.
8. Celebrate my 80th birthday with family and friends.

Eight things I say a lot:
1. Hi hunners! Come see Mimi.
2. I love you.
3. Do the babies want their biscuits?
4. Ronnie, your shower is ready.
5. Thank you honey! (every morning when he moves the dogs over to give me more room on the bed)
6. Where's my purse?
7. What's today's date?
8. Freakin'.

Eight books I have read
..... only 8 ???? Sheesh, 80 would be better! Check out the sidebar to see a few additional titles. Currently reading 'A Fine Balance', Rohinton Mistry. Well, and bookmarks in a few others too!
1. Shantaram, awesome book, to be a new Johnny Depp movie next year!
2. Secrets from a Stargazer's Notebook
3. The Lives of the Great Composers
4. The Bhagavad Gita
5. Into Thin Air
6. Memoirs of a Geisha
7. The Phantom Tollbooth
8. The Vampire Lestat

Eight movies I have seen eight times:
again, hard to narrow down..... I love movies!!
1. Dangerous Liasons
2. Pretty in Pink
3. Sixteen Candles
4. Chocolat
5. Death on the Nile
6. Christmas Vacation
7. Murder by Death
8. The Spy Who Loved Me

12 comments:

  1. Mornin', Mary. Thanks for the note and the visit. I'm back now. It's pretty risque and wide open at my place, so I hope you don't mind a little dirt on your hands...:)

    Okay, a lot of dirt. But all in fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOooOooOoO I love those, that is so cool. I read tons of books myself, but I tend to read more lighter, and alot more sci fi/fantasy, because I like to escape reality with my reading. hehehehehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great stuff. I've got the gita and I read it often..I like your movie choices too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK...Memoirs of a Geisha!

    I've never read the book, but the movie was freaking FABULOUS! And yet a friend of mine said it was the most boring thing she ever saw.

    Go figure!?!

    I've only seen 4 of the films you listed here, which gives me more to see!

    And isn't the word FREAKIN' the best? Sometimes I use it every other word in a sentence!

    Thanks for sharing yet MORE of yourself, M!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Nice job. I always love seeing these, because they show little snatches of people's lives in a nutshell.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi sweepee. I love your meme. Maybe I'll borrow it. Writing about my workouts is already getting old. That first comment was really cryptic, makes me want to check this dude out. Was that incriminating? Well, I'm off to work out. Hahahaha. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the shoutout! Glad you liked the meme.

    I think everyone female I know who has done this meme has put Sixteen Candles on their list of movies seen more than 8 times. lol

    I love your "deleting incriminating emails" before you die idea. I'm so with you on that one. lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. You thief!!!

    Just kidding, I took it from you and posted it at my place too. Of course I linked you!

    Hope you are having a great day!

    Bek

    ReplyDelete
  9. great answers!! I really REALLY really loved #5 on what you would like to do before you die. had me cracking up!! ~ but at the same time thinking... shit... I really need to do that too!! lol

    I also have to say how I love all your pictures on the side of your blog... "being unstable & bitchy is all part of my mystique" and "give the dangerous bitch her chocolat".... lol

    I also seriously 100% LOVE the top/header picture!! :)

    xoxox enjoyed my visit here, will definitely be back. thanks for visiting me today!!

    xoxoxxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ronjazz, I'm fairly dirt free, uh, well, don't look under the couch cushions though. So I'll just stop by now and then, but won't participate in the writings.
    Burfica, scifi/fantasy is very popular. Glad you are enjoying what you read.
    Hammer, I need to get back to my Gita reading. And a few other things. Guess I'm watching too many movies lately. LOL
    Ron, Memoirs was an awesome book, you really should just pick it up sometimes at Borders and see if you like it! Then go to the free Library, if it's still free, and borrow it. I think you'll like it. The movie was wonderful but as with many cases, the book was better!
    Jules, I like to do them, but in just less than a year of blogging I wonder if I'm running out of things to say for myself??
    Bonnie, your workout information is inspirational. Do a few sets for me, will ya??
    Rhea, don't we all have a few things that could be taken the wrong way? Uh, with me sometimes it's daily. I love so many of those '80's flicks!
    Bekster, I love doing memes sometimes. I'll be by again for a visit soon.
    Jennifer, thanks for coming by. I think those signs describe me quite well. I love to take my own pictures too but have a long way to go learning some new skills.
    The header was me as a toddler at my Aunt's house.
    I have another one that is a riot, I'll have to post soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I put up an Eight Things Meme but I did expound on it abit - it has eight topics instead of five! I did it in July, but I have fifty-one posts there, so you'll have to look for it, by the same title as yours!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Aislinge, I checked yours out and it was really great!! I'm glad you are liking the memes. Some of them are really alot of fun.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I appreciate you!