Pages

Thursday, September 18, 2008

It's noon somewhere, I'll have a triple vodka

I haven't been able to get my adorable grandson to slow down long enough to get any new pictures. He's FAST! So just scan down to the last one I posted, add another cute dimple, a curious about everything look, a boo boo scratch on his nose, and that is what a current shot would capture.

Now on to why I might have to build a bridge to nowhere and send hubby on the long walk across it.



While chatting over lunch last weekend hubby says .... and I can't remember the exact quote because my head was spinning so fast I thought I'd pass out....

'You've got that Sarah Palin look'

WHAT???????THE???????HELL????????DO.YOU.MEAN.BY.THAT??????

The waiter must have come by right then and got me distracted with bringing boxes for leftovers or coffee or extra mints, you know, those chocolately minty ones that I love. So we didn't really discuss it.

This morning, I remembered that he'd said SOMETHING so I CALLED HIM to see if I was just delirious from the never ending bowl of pasta that OG has been featuring lately.

Me: Honey, do you remember the other day when we were at lunch. Did you say something about me and THAT woman, that Veep chick.

Him: Uh... no??

Me: You don't remember making a comment about me, and HER??

Him: Uh... well... okay, maybe, uh... yeah, OKAY I do.

Me: What did you say??

Him: That you sorta looked like her, you know with your hair up and your glasses.

Me: I have to GO NOW! Goodbye!

OMFGOMFGOMFG

Soooooo wrong thing to say to me.

WTF??????

Seriously.

WTF?????

I've been wearing glasses FOREVER. I've been wearing my hair up FOREVER. That picture of moi was taken before McC even remembered Alaska had a governor. And now the look I've had all.this.time is the S.P. look??????
Like I'm copying HER?????

So as everyone wanted the Dorothy Hamill haircut in the '80's and the Jennifer Aniston doo when 'Friends' was popular, now women will be going into beauty salons and asking for the uptight conservative librarian look???? YIKES, I need to change my style and FAST!!!!

OR NOT

Hmmm

Do you remember the movie 'Moon Over Parador' with Richard Dreyfuss? The president dies, they bring in an actor to play him so no one will know and he wins everyone over.

I see how this scenario could play out in real life. McPalin wins the election. From not enough fat being cut out of the government diet, the older one carks it. The younger, purtier one is left to run the country. Unfortunately, while on an aerial wolf shoot, she falls from her plane and is sent home to recouperate.

With Jen Craig riding my fat ass night and day on the new and improved loose 50 pounds in a week diet, a dental implant or two, a couple boxes of those whitening strips and a voice coach to help me lose the South Jersey vocab with words like water (I say 'wuter'), coffee (I say 'coughfee'), hoagie (not a sub, altho I think my parents said 'sub'), and jimmies (you might call them sprinkles), I could almost pull this thing off.

I mean the glass ceiling is now broken right????

21 comments:

  1. Honey, you don't look nuffin like SP. You look kind, intelligent, open-minded. And you also don't got a goose egg on the back of your head.

    I bet he wanted to reel those words back in as soon as they tripped out of his mouth. Poor man. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are fightin' words that your hubby threw out there. The audacity! However, I'm glad you have a plan in place to get us out of trouble provided the (less-than) dynamic duo is elected. Yikes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA!!!! Oh Hubby conversations are the BEST conversations!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to tell you that she is pretty cute if you can overlook her clueless personality. Id take it as a compliment as long as he didn't say you ACT like her, it is all good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sarah's OK

    as long as she doesn't say anthing, do anything, or decide anything.

    she has the naughty librarian look - lots of guys like that

    of course she'd be burning the books

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL Too funny! I just pee'd my pants a little!!

    Yup, well its official, Men say the stupidist things! hahaha You do not look like SP at all! The thing with men is... there is this little cord that connects the brain to the mouth in most people, well its just not present with men, I think its a geneitc defect on the Y chrosome! LOL hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL Too funny! I just pee'd my pants a little!!

    Yup, well its official, Men say the stupidist things! hahaha You do not look like SP at all! The thing with men is... there is this little cord that connects the brain to the mouth in most people, well its just not present with men, I think its a geneitc defect on the Y chrosome! LOL hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is kinda funny..your post, your experience. It is amazing how we are stereotyped immediately when someone comes into the media and then we are compared to them when we looked the way we looked all along.

    Great post and wonderful blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That makes any response to "does my ass look big in these pants" sound like words of poetry.

    He needs to make it up to you BIG TIME!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sarah is quite attractive! :)

    I'd take that as a compliment, although you're probably more experienced than she is. Politically, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Haha hubby's in deep doodoo now.

    ReplyDelete
  12. He owes you...BIG time! I'd be on Travelocity bookin' me a big ole' BEACH Vacation somewhere tropical...preferably Bermuda!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG he said it again!!!! Altho this time it was when he was trying to get out of it with 'well, I just meant you have that look, not that you act like her AT ALL' type comment. The man is on dangerous ground.
    THEN.... while telling my daughter about it, SHE SAYS something like, well yeah, you know with your square glasses and your hair pulled up.....

    ARRRRGGGGHHHHHHHH

    Wonder how I'd look as a blonde?????

    ReplyDelete
  14. Bermudabluez....I DID book a trip. But for our anniversary. We are going to that Spa resort later in the year. But hmmm... maybe I should just plan a little getaway myself. I could go to Alaska. You know, just to get some autographs. ;) LOL

    Thanks everyone for stopping by. Hope you are all enjoying a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Does this mean you'll be changing the name of this blog to "Sarah Says"?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh Sarah, whoops, I mean Mary... I think he owes you 2 massages!!! 1 Hour each!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm laughing at all the comments! I'm thinking about how I almost had the chance to develop that "South Jersey" accent! I'm thinking that your husband better consider buying you some flowers :))

    ReplyDelete
  18. OMG...what a freaking FABULOUS post, M!!!!

    You're a RIOT!!!

    First of all, I think you look adorable in this photo, and not at ALL like "Miss Thing."

    And you have a MUCH more VIBRANT personality and a hell of a lot more creativity.

    So, THERE Hubby!

    And I think he needs to buy you a little something "extra" while on the anniversary vacation, right?

    Again, great post, M!

    Thoroughly enoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Jeff, if I changed the name to that I sure wouldn't have too much to say then would I?? Sheesh.
    This guy, I'm so lucky because hubby always give me great and yummy massages! ;)
    Jane, Maybe you'll move across the bridge in a year or two. :)
    Ron, thank you! Hub is so generous all the time! I'm sure he'll want to get me something in Cancun for our anniversary, but we'll see whether there are good deals there or not. The dollar isn't so great anywhere these days.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I appreciate you!