Pages

Monday, September 1, 2008

My MAC card was confiscated!!!

Didn't I just buy paper????? Oh but did I get enough of that lovely red one??? Won't that green cardstock go so well with that new striped design? I forget, did I get any sheets of blue last time? The silver and black is really dramatic, I'm sure I need a couple extra of those. I think this mauve matches that other pink one a little better. I should get three of that mustard color one. No wait, get five, just in case they discontinue it. That Christmas pattern is cute. I should get a few of those and start doing up holiday cards early. OH GODDESS, now I need to look at stamps. WHAT?? None on sale!! OH NO. Well, alright, let me go home and see what I have........


Hmmm.......


Yes, I do have a few rubber stamps. I've got birthday and anniversary and love and friendship and thanks and hearts and flowers and sayings for holidays.


How many you ask?


OH but I couldn't count them all.


Try, you say.


Okay.......




211




Two hundred .... and eleven!!!


Gosh, that's not even counting the letter and number sets. I have maybe 3 or 4 of those. And another one or two sets of clear plastic rubber stamps to mount on acrylic blocks.


Of all of those many stamps, I do have a few favorites. A beautiful Geisha from behind holding her arms up to show the pattern on her kimono. There's also a zodiac one with all the astrology signs represented. Some single word ones like 'love' and 'hugs' are always nice to use. And funny ones that say 'There are skinny stampers, they're just not any good' give me a laugh. But I think the saying that I most like and may start incorporating more into my work is one that says:





See all that beautiful paper in the background, it's calling my name. I must go play.

What makes you feel creative?

17 comments:

  1. Hey, M...there are WORSE addictions in life, ya know?

    Besides...look at all the BEAUTY you bring into the world through your creative genius.

    So as far as I'm concerned...you NEED all of this!!

    I so LOVE the Picasso quote.

    Bravo Mr.Picasso!

    And did you make that, M? It's very cool!

    Hope you had a wonderful holiday.

    And happy paper creating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, did you purposely title that so I would come read? ;) Kidding. That's a lot of stamps. Are you addicted or what?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! Can I come over???!!!

    Your place will be HEAVEN to me!

    I love arts and crafts and making stuff!!

    I could do it allllll dayyyyy!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think my daughter would call you aunty LOL

    Cooking is my thing, I just don't get a chance to do enough of it. I need to get more containers so I can freeze stuff in my giant deep freeze.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with others, there are worse addictions out there. Enjoy your paper. hehehehehe

    ReplyDelete
  6. *Sigh* I love paper. I'm so glad I don't live near you, I can see that you and I could get into some big trouble together.

    Have fun being creative. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. As long as you love it, it can't be TOO much.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just wrote this huge long comment about how I totally love scrap booking. It got lost in the blog-o-sphere. I'm bummed about it.... but anyway.

    I am ordering photos from my vacation tonight on kodakgallery.com to scrap with the new papers I bought yesterday. I need to get into stamps, I have NONE yet. YET being the key word there!

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wish I had more stamps! I'm so envious that you have the time to create. I need to get back to it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree with Ron, there are worse addictions. I am addicted to books, blank journals and colored, clicky pens. I love colored pens, gel ink, that have the clicky button on the end. LOVE em. And I can never have enough blank journals to draw and write in.

    ReplyDelete
  11. BTW, that paper is GORGEOUS! You might tempt me into your addiction, oh, damn.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like fun. I love stamps, paper, embellishments and all that fun stuff. I just never have the time to do it. Good luck and have fun!!!!

    -Heather

    ReplyDelete
  13. You're a craft(y) person I guess? :)

    Thanks for popping over to see me. I've added you to my google reader so I'll know when you done the purse meme - I'm nosey!

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG!! I am SO with you! Me n Mz Giggle will be over in a snap lol!!
    I just need a baby sitter for 23 hours out of the day so I can get my craft-fix!!
    I love making stuff, haven't really had time to do much, but I LOOOOOOVE going into the stationary and craft sections of any store.
    I drool so bad! lol
    I think I'd have half a store of my own if I found everything I have stashed around the place! lol

    Love the paper too, its preettty!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have never actually counted all of my stamps. I am afraid to! Not only do I have probably over 300 hundred wooden rubber stamps, I also have a freakin' ton of the clear sets to. And I don't even like those as much....but they do take up less room. And let's not even talk about paper, k?? Oh, could we evah have fun together.....

    ReplyDelete
  16. Forgot to mention: I LOVE that stamp!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi everyone!!
    I've been really bad at acknowledging my comments lately. Sorry. I really do read each one! Thank you for stopping by.
    With the holidays coming I am hoping to work on some Christmas cards.
    Or blog. LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I appreciate you!