
I put a greeting card up and within 24 hours it was gone!! Probably because I listed it in the true spirit of PIF. I did not charge a penny for shipping and I waived the small fee I had to pay to list the item. Some people are charging small amounts for their items, some are offering items for only the price of the upload fee, which is very minimal, but most seem to be charging shipping. The range varies. Some seem a bit high. While I don't know all the postal rates and shipping fees for different items, I'm sure it doesn't cost 4 bucks to send a very small pair of earrings in the United States. The greeting card cost me $1.50 to mail at my local post office and the only reason that was so high was because I put it in a large manilla envelope and wrapped it with alot of tissue paper to keep it from getting mangled in transit.
Well, I really shouldn't make assumptions. Maybe they are using Priority Mail or some other service that is more expensive. Everything is going up. While I include shipping and tax on all the items at my store, there may come a day when I won't be able to do that. And actually, I've heard that by including it already in the price it makes the item initially appear higher than it is. Some people would rather SEE the shipping FEE listed separately and PAY it themselves. What do you think?????
*I started reading a book that my father-in-law (the one who still likes me... long story... lol) recommended. It's called "Eyes of the Tailless Animals" and it's about a North Korean woman who was wrongly imprisoned and forced to spend many years at the hands of vicious torturers. I only made it to Chapter 6 so far. It's a very hard read.
*Wish I had some really cute pictures of my favorite little man to show you. But my pocket camera broke recently and he's just toooooo fast right now anyway. Of course he's just as handsome as ever. Even with the scar from a couple stitches he got a few weeks ago right on the center of his forehead. I told you he was FAST. I can hardly believe that he is almost 22 months old??!!??
AND........
He's going to have a little brother or sister later this year!!!!! It's still very early, not much to talk about right now, but my daughter and her man are very happy about the news. As are we.
*Now we're just waiting for the snow to start. In our part of NJ, we could see 6-12". Tomorrow morning should be FUNSVILLE.
What have you been doing this weekend?
great posting kiddo,we each have to spend tmie doing what makes us feel good.I hope that you are having a grand weekend.Mike G.said that(it's an A.A.thing)
ReplyDeleteI've been hurting this weekend. And irritated that my man was gone all weekend. That's about it. Yours was much better than mine.
ReplyDeleteHey M! Congratulations on your new news!! I believe shopping is a bit down most places...EBay I know is....and some Etsy too. Just heard of a new one called ArtFire that I may take a look at....when and if I ever get time! I haven't been around visiting much lately as I've just been plain busy...ya know?? Trying to squeeze in a little Facebook time, along with trying to figure out what on earth to pack....and checking out some new books I just got. Hope you guys don't get buried in snow!! Fortunately this time....we miss it! YAY! Have a great Monday!
ReplyDeleteI think I would go with lowering the price and showing the shipping. It's those first few seconds of impression that count, and if someone sees the higher price that might be enough to make them click off your page. Good luck with selling, girly girl.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on your news - to you and your daughter! That's wonderful. :)
I'm looking you up on facebook.
love & hugs,
fiwa
Hi M!
ReplyDeleteFirst of all...CONGRATS about the arrival of a NEW BABY!!
YAHOO!!! What great news that is! You and your family must be so happy and excited!
And hey...I think your Etsy Shop is the BOMB! In fact, I don't know whether you noticed it or not, but I highlighted you on my "feature highlight" on my blog. It's still there, so go take a peek!
Your items are all so beautiful and your charity donation is really wonderful, so I wanted spead the word about your shop!
Hey, can you beleieve all the snow we got? And are still getting? It was like a blizzard last night, wasn't it? It was great sleeping weather.
I agree, Facebook can be very time consuming. When I first joined, I thought I was gonna freak out with all the emails, messages, and stuff. But boy...has it ever been a GREAT way for me to reconnect with all my theater friends!
Enjoy all the snow today!
I'm getting ready to go out and play in it!
X
You've been busy! How wonderful that you are to have a new addition to your family this year. :)
ReplyDeleteHi Mary!
ReplyDeleteI still remember when Etsy had only a few hundred artists on it back in 2005. I'd like to get things back up there again but I also want some "person to person" exposure as well. I'm trying to sort it all out in my head before really launching in to Etsy again. Maybe there are other sites? Maybe we should start one??
Jane
Hopefully you catch up.
ReplyDelete