I know it's only been about 7 or 8 days since I started watching what I eat more closely and keeping a food journal, but COME ON ALREADY. Couldn't the numbers have moved just a teeny, tiny, wee bit for some INSPIRATION?!!
My husband has been the voice of reason. He tells me to not worry about what the scale says, just keep doing what I'm doing. He loves me whether I'm a size 12 or ... uh, some higher number which we won't discuss! He says just being more aware of what I'm eating and making some changes as need be are all that matters, and I have to ignore certain numbers. My sweet honey is right, and I bow to his awesomeness!
So I gave our scale the finger and just enjoyed this today.....
We have a Ninja blender and there are so many varieties of delicious concoctions I can make. In this one I used an organic carrot, plain Chobani yogurt, a splash of skim milk, a square of unsweetened 100% cacao, and a few assorted frozen fruits... blueberries, peaches, raspberries. On top, a little light whipped cream, cinnamon, and cacao shavings. Note to self: buy spinach! A few times I threw some fresh leaves in there and it was a yummy addition. I prefer to add veggies to a fruit smoothie rather than make one with just veggies.
Do you ever make or buy smoothies? If so, do you like fruit, veggie, or a combination?


We sometimes play a little hooky at work to sneak down to Jama Juice for a fruity smoothy. It's a great way to wind down for a few minutes and indulge in banana berry treat!
ReplyDelete" He says just being more aware of what I'm eating and making some changes as need be are all that matters, and I have to ignore certain numbers."
ReplyDeleteBRAVO! And he's absolutely right!
And WOW....that smoothy looks HEAVENLY!!!!!!
Cheers!
X
your husband is absolutely right
ReplyDeletewhat matters is the change in fat/lean muscle ratio and all that
I used to make the greatest milk shakes but my thighs and butt have been warned to stay away from blenders ;)