1. Grand Canyon
with an excursion to Sedona.
2. Italy
An extended tour!
![]() |
I did have a very weird experience while looking thru Google images for pictures to put with this post. A very similar version of photo below mesmerized me. The name on the picture was wrong and I had to do a little search to find out where it was and make sure it was in Italy so I could include it here. It's the Duomo di Milan. As I started to look at more photos, I began to cry. Had my husband not been sitting a few feet away, I probably would have been sobbing, but I held it in. That is so strange, isn't it? To be moved like that from a photo. The only time I've ever had a similar reaction is when I see images of those old air ships like the Hindenburg. *shudders* Let's not even talk about that!
Anyway, it's a Gothic cathedral in Milan, the largest in Italy. It took 6 centuries to complete and was dedicated to Saint Mary Nascent. I am completely in awe.
3. Switzerland
Chocolate, cheese, fresh air, and scenic walks with THAT view... ahhhh!
4. Anywhere I can explore old castles!
Even though Romania probably has some quite interesting ones I think England would be my number one place to start.
6. Morocco
There should be atleast eight allowed!! That way, Mt. Everest and the Great Pyramids would have made my list. I suppose Morocco could move out of the #6 position because I really think it's the decor that interests me much more than the country so if I could just have one of these in the backyard......
I'll swap out Morocco for a trip to Base Camp, Mt. Everest.
I guess the Pharoah's will have to wait 'til we buy more lotto tickets.















those are definately some cool places to go visit.
ReplyDeleteAmazing M!!! I am not much of a fan of flying...so Europe is kind of out of the question for me. As is Morocco...but I would love one of THOSE in my yard too!! I think I would just put Bermuda in all six places....man, I love it there!!
ReplyDeleteI went back to the start and enjoyed everyone
ReplyDeleteI didn't know you've been married for 28 years!! were you 10 when you wed?
your granddaughter is adorable and the same age as Hope
I love all your places!!
I think I'm going to do this
Fabulous pictures. I like the pool room.
ReplyDeleteYes England has some great castles.
Brava!
ReplyDeleteEXCELLENT choices, M!
2. Italy
3. Switzerland
5. Machu Picchu
All THREE of those would be my choices too!
And I LOVED hearing about your emotional experience while looking at that photo. And no, I don't think that's strange at all. In fact, I too feel that way whenever looking at photos of Italy. I truly need to visit because I am sooo drawn to that country.
Have a faaaaaaaaabulous Monday, neighbor!
X
Wow...600 years to complete. That had to be a union job!
ReplyDeleteNice choices all the way around.
Mike, it was hard to narrow it down. I didn't know whether to do 6 places just in the U.S. or 6 places that I had already been or what.
ReplyDeleteJeanne, I don't travel well AT ALL! Flying to Cancun was about my limit and that was under 4 hours. Europe would be really difficult but maybe if I took a night flight and a sleeping pill or two or three. LOL I don't really have to worry about the travel sickness because we don't have the $$ to go anywhere.
I think Ron would love Bermuda! He like island tropical where I would prefer to go to museums and ruins.
Dianne, haha, I was young, but not THAT young. Actually, I got married 3 days after I turned 19.
Aw, if we lived closer Sierra and Hope could have such fun together.
I'm sure your answers would be very interesting, I hope you do it!
Valerie, I think alot of riads (those neat interior courtyards) have water features or little pools.
You probably have seen some interesting castles there!
Ron, when hubby and I were planning our 25th trip, Italy was on the list. I just didn't think I could take the flight and do alot of tours too so we ended up in Cancun. Of course, we had a wonderful time there too, but oh how I hope that someday I can deal with the travel sickness and save enough money to do a European vacation. It would be heavenly!
Jeff, haha!! Glad you liked the list. This challenge has been fun but a little hard to decide some things. I needed more places and less fears!