Pages

Friday, October 28, 2011

Two songs



1.  'Vianne Sets Up Shop' is from Chocolat.  It's one of my favorite movies.  Okay, probably my most favorite.  Sorry Dangerous Liasons, you have been replaced.  The music sets such a wonderful mood.  Each and every time I watch the film, I'm delightfully transported to the fictional French village of Lansquenet.   
I think there are actually two songs from the soundtrack on this video... I'm not cheating, this is how I found it.  Bonus for YOU since the I have the cd and know how wonderful all the music from 'Chocolat' is.

   

2.  Till There Was You ~ The Beatles
This is the song that my husband and daughter danced to at her wedding.  Isn't it a beautiful choice?


8 comments:

  1. What a beautiful Beatles song!!! I thought I had heard them all! Never heard this one! I like it...will keep it in mind for my own daughter's wedding...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww. I love the Beatles song for father/daughter dance. Perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the CD Chocolat... you've inspired me to watch it again. 'Till there was you' is indeed a wonderful choice for a wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent choices, M!

    Well, as you already know....I'm also a BIG fan of the movie Chocolat. In fact, anything that Johnny Depp is in I LOVE!

    Listening to that Beatles song brought back so many wonderful memories for me. Perfect choice for a wedding!

    Have a great weekend, neighbor! Aren't you lovin' this COLD weather snap we're having???

    X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great choices! :) I love the film Chocolat - I want to live in Lansquenet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jeanne, Ron sang that to our daughter when she was little. It was a lovely dance.

    Barbara, it certainly was the perfect choice and a wonderful day all around! Wait, I have a married daughter... how did THAT happen!? LOL

    Valerie, I can't even count the number of times I've watched some or all of Chocolat. It never loses anything at all with the repetition.

    Ron, Johnny was great in that movie, but his part starts quite a ways into it. Worth waiting for though! ;)
    OH yes, the cool weather is nice but today this rain is not so much fun. And it's to turn to snow later...BLEH!! Not ready!!

    Akelamalu, OH ME TOO! It's the perfect little French village, isn't it. And the Chocolaterie, ('early Mexican brothel' according to Armande, haha!) is just delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to see that you're a Beatles person and not an Elvis person. That says a lot about you! :-) *thumbs up!*

    ReplyDelete
  8. HT, excellent movie reference!!
    I know that a Beatles person can like Elvis though, just not equally as much. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I appreciate you!