Yesterday I was selling a few jewels at a local event when Congressman Rob Andrews stopped by to visit with the vendors and shoppers. He's very nice and takes the time to shake people's hands and introduce himself. As if most people in NJ, especially southern, NJ doesn't know who he is. Yeah, I know, he's a politician doing some PR. But I have never had any of them come up to my tables at a craft fair and ask how I was doing.
So we chatted for a few minutes about assorted things and then he went on his way. I then realized I had my camera with me and since he was only a couple tables away I ran over and asked for a photo. He suggested his aid take one of both of us and thanked me for asking. Really personable guy. I managed to remember to take my unflattering eyeglasses off but forgot about the money pouch. Aw, man, Photoshop could have helped me with that. ;)
So we chatted for a few minutes about assorted things and then he went on his way. I then realized I had my camera with me and since he was only a couple tables away I ran over and asked for a photo. He suggested his aid take one of both of us and thanked me for asking. Really personable guy. I managed to remember to take my unflattering eyeglasses off but forgot about the money pouch. Aw, man, Photoshop could have helped me with that. ;)
Hubby has to work today but we had breakfast together this morning and finished a game of Yahtzee that we'd started the other day and then put on hold. We play the entire sheet at one time. Not game by game, all six of them at once! So if you get a 'full house' you put it in the full house spot and if you get another one next roll you just put it in the next column. And when ALL the spaces are filled we add up the whole sheet. He won, which he says he never does, but I have quite a few pages of scores to prove that he's doing alright.
Today, I have to get creative with what food we have in the fridge for dinner OR do a grocery store run. Wegmans will probably be super busy and I don't much feel like tackling that job so I think I might just go do some paperwork, fold the umpteen loads of laundry waiting for me, and slip into a warm bubble bath on this cool Fall day .... not necessarily in that order.
What have you been up to?

OMG...how exciting!
ReplyDelete"He suggested his aid take one of both of us and thanked me for asking. Really personable guy."
What a NICE guy for doing that!
Hope you sold LOTS of jewels yesterday!
Me? I worked all weekend, but have the next two days off - Yaaaaaaaay!
Enjoy your evening, M!
X
P.S. are you lovin' this fall weather?
...and he didn't buy anything from you. Typical politician! ;-)
ReplyDeleteRound here the MPs are in too much of a rush. We're lucky if they stop long enough to say Hi.
ReplyDeleteSounds like a great weekend! I ended up doing about 1/3 of my food shopping at 6pm on Sunday. Never again. I rushed around all over the weekend and that was the only time I had to do it. Other than that, we celebrated Breen's birthday all weekend long.
ReplyDeleteyou look lovely
ReplyDeletehe sounds like a nice guy
I had old pizza for dinner tonight because the idea of the Stop N' Shop was more than I could stand
Ron, sales were actually going rather slow so I thought I'd leave early. Some fairs are just like that. But then it picked up! Yay.
ReplyDeleteHerman, I guess I'm not such a great salesperson... I should have started showing him crystal earrings for his wife and daughters! hahah
Valerie, alot of them are like that too here I'm sure, unless they are campaigning. But Rob's always been good about local events and meeting people.
Jane, Happy Birthday to Breen! Glad you enjoyed a weekend of celebrating.
Dianne, thanks, I finally got to color my hair recently or I'd have not been posing for a picture. People would have mistaken me for his mother. ha!
Old pizza isn't so terrible. ;)