I didn't actually know what 'ferrago' meant. Pfft... for as vocabularious as I am. ;) Well, it's 'a confused mixture', so there you go.
You'd never know it by this photo, but Ron's garden is winding down. I won't miss the mosquitoes of summer. I won't miss the humidity. I will miss homegrown tomatoes, at least until next year.
He'd never grown butternut squash before. Haven't a clue what we'll do with these. I'm sure the Barefoot Contessa has made something delicious with them, so I'll find a recipe
As if he's saying ... 'Are we gonna do this thing, or what?' Who does Ollie think he is, my personal trainer?
Yeah, I'm doing it! Pay no mind to the cork wedges and long pants. Here's the thing... I'm participating in a 'Plank Challenge' on FB. Eh, what can I say... I finished the Ice Bucket Challenge and haven't been tagged for 7 Days of Gratitude yet, so I dropped down on the floor and did me some planks. Well, that was 20 seconds I'll never get back. The next day I thought, chubby girl, you need some additional exercise, and off I went. Slippers, check. Remote control, check. Thirty minutes later I felt good enough that yesterday I did 25 minutes more. Why the inappropriate footwear? Well, the slightest thing can distract me so sometimes I just have to do a thing before I don't do that thing. Yes, even if it means riding a bike in an open toe platform shoe.
'NOW DROP DOWN AND GIVE ME TWENTY!'
And that's when I said &$%$##*^%@*& and came upstairs to make jewelry. A local craft store has a decent selection of new charms. I had to have these bling dragonflies. There were 3 in the set so I'll be making a matching pendant very soon. I'm hoping to get a home party planned for later this month.
All together now .... awwww. So I was never one to get pimples, however, a HUGE, nasty, I don't even know what to call it, appears on my chin or off to the side every now and then. It's not really a boil, but way tooooo big to call a pimple, so I don't know. But it was there... throbbing. After days of ice, and hot compresses, and bandaids, and alcohol, and peroxide, and antiseptic spray it's finally starting to look better.
It's that time of year again. My daughter has two of her three in school so I'm sure her house will be fabulously clean now and she'll be all sorts of rested. Or not. Heck, I'm still tired and my youngest is 21.
I did love going to see the grand darlings off on their first days of the new school year. They were all smiles. Atleast until the homework assignments go up on the board.
Hope you all enjoy a wonderful weekend!








My husband and daughter have a garden and we get plenty of to a toes and peppers, but they can't seem to grow squash, zucchini or pumpkins. They rot immediately!
ReplyDeleteHmm... well, I'm no gardener, that's Ron job around here. I'd say though that it's probably something going on with the soil. Not enough of something? Calcium? Too much of something else? Water?
ReplyDeleteAs long as he puts in tomatoes and some herbs, I don't have a preference for anything else. The pickles were good this year. He didn't do zucchini this time.
Meant to say, the pickles that he made from the cucumbers were good. Very simple recipe, too!
ReplyDeleteThose veggies looks delicious! I need to start my own garden!! And those dragonflies are gorgeous I would love to see what you end up doing with them!!
ReplyDeleteLove them veggies! And good for you for hitting the bike!
ReplyDeleteMy husband is the gardener as well. I like gardening but the garden doesn't like me.
ReplyDeleteBirdie.
We moved into a condo so we wouldn't have to garden anything, but I freely admit to being shallow. Nonetheless, having fresh tomatoes is a joy, and the squash are beautiful just sitting there.
ReplyDeleteYou did that water thing? You are brave.... I'd rather just send money to the charity and ignore challenges 'cos I'm a coward.
ReplyDeleteI've never tried butternut squash and certainly wouldn't know what to do with one.
Cestlavie, I don't do much tending to the garden... only watering it occasionally when Ron gets very busy. I'm thankful he enjoys doing it each year.
ReplyDeleteRob, another little garden success. In NJ there are a lot of them! The bike, uh, I'm now a couple days behind...again. :(
Birdie, I can manage some herbs in containers, and help with watering the bigger plants when needed, but that's about as good as I do too.
Lorna, some days I'd be fine with living in a nice hotel... with maid service and a good restaurant on the premises. We just haven't hit a lottery yet.
One day though!! Here's hoping anyway.
Valerie, I had mixed feeling about the ice challenge. Didn't like it at all, at first. Then my daughter and the grands did it, and they were cute, and then I was tagged to do it by a friend, so I did. But... I also made a small donation. What's the point of just throwing ice on yourself without actually trying to do something more? Like reading about it, at the very least maybe, for the awareness factor and how it affects people or by making a donation. So I donated profit on a pair of earrings purchased in my Etsy store to someone who has ALS and was doing a walk to raise money. It wasn't much, but I imagine if they can use every dollar the best way possible (oh, but do they?) well, maybe some diseases can be cured. Or maybe some donations can go towards helping those with the illness live a little easier.
I'm going to grow food in all my plan things next year. Flowers are pretty but fresh veggies are worth the efforts!
ReplyDeleteAren't middle age zits the best?!
I need to workout, sadly, my workout partner and I both need to drop some weight.