Pages

Thursday, August 30, 2007

Garden delights


The first picture is of my neighbor's gorgeous sunflowers. They are approaching the second floor of her house! The other is of Ron's jalepeno plant. He LOVES hots and has quite a few plants this year. His Jersey tomatoes are delish and plentiful too. We've been eating them for weeks and giving bags away as well. I made homemade spaghetti sauce and had enough to freeze a big bag for later. We've been eating tomato sandwiches like crazy... for lunch, for dinner, for snacks! I've made stewed tomatoes twice, eaten over brown rice. Also, I've hollowed a few out and then filled them with a mixture of the scoopings, tuna, pickles, onions.

Overall, it's been a great season for produce here in New Jersey. We've had some awesome corn from local markets, went blueberry picking and got buckets of wonderful berries. We've had zucchini and broccoli rabe and the peaches out now are succulent.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I appreciate you!