This video post was prompted by visiting Gledwood2 over at his blog. For the endless throngs of visitors stopping by my little space who won't recognize this clip, it's from a t.v. show called Prisoner: Cell Block H that started in the late 70's. It originated in Australia and was sold to the U.S. and other places, the UK really loved it! From what I read, it received high ratings here, but we only got it for 2 or 3 years. I tried remembering what station it would have been on and the time. The old memory was giving me Public Television, in the afternoon, but reading someones post in the U.S. they said it was on local t.v. late at night but at the official website for Prisoner it mentioned being on prime-time in the U.S. So that's a bit of a mystery for now as I'm probably the only person that I know in my group of fam/friends to have watched it.
If you can't get much of an idea from the clip, think campy prison drama with all women. It's certainly become a cult classic. Now that I've found it again, it's a must have for my DVD collection. I told hubby last night if I managed to locate it for sale I wanted it for Christmas. He said if I find it, order it, probably thinking it was 1 or 2 discs. Well, I found it this morning. Won't he be surprised that the entire collection... all 692 episodes... is going for about 1500 bucks. Oh thank you honey! LOL Actually, I'll just start with the first season or two and see if it holds the same attraction for me as it did way back when.
I still remember alot of the characters, especially Lizzie, she was a riot. I can't wait to order it and check out Season 1.
Happy Birthday Lizzie, hope your dicky ticker doesn't give out from the surprise! ;)
Monday, October 1, 2007
Lizzie Birdsworth's Surprise Birthday Party
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Awww! Those were the days!! Watching that clip I nearly cried!!
ReplyDeleteDid you know even the theme music got into the charts here - haha!
As for what you said about counters - I would go get one now then you can see the magick as it happens and more and more people turn up
I think the best ones are
www.sitemeter.com
and
www.statcounter.com
because I always keep my stats open to public view - no bloody stupid password to remember
Thinking back I remember assuming my blog would get 10,000 hits from day one (no idea where that figure came from but I knew about a billion people used the internet regular so assumed 10,000 would just be for starters...hmmm.... then I was gutted that google never seemed to list me except by my name...
The way I DID get readers was just by finding other people's blogs I liked and commenting there. What an old fashioned way - but it works!
Do you think you will get the whole $1500 worth for Xmas or just half of them??!?
While doing a little research on the DVD's I did come across the opening music and it sorta rang a bell.
ReplyDeleteI seem to remember thinking when I first watched it that it was a British show.
I added sitemeter so-far.
I only know of a couple people who have me on their blogroll currently anyway so I just can't expect that many people would find my drivel all that interesting. LOL Well... one can hope... but reality slaps hard at times. I will continue to comment on sites tho because I really do find some of them very interesting. I've only been blogging for about a month or so and can't imagine having time to read that many more than I already do.
If I hire a maid...a chef...a nanny and a stand-in for the other wifely duties I could blog more... hmmm..... hehe
NO, I won't get the whole set. If I REALLY REALLY wanted it, hubby would really really try to get it for me 'cause he's the most generous person I know. And he did buy himself a motorcycle with lots of accessories and would therefore want me to have something to do while he's off riding.... however, I would NEVER spend money we don't really have for that. I WILL let him buy the first couple seasons tho and be very happy to take a brief stroll down memory lane but will inevitably get bored with it and move on... prolly to old Brady Bunch re-runs.... yeah, they still play them on channel TVLand.