I have missed reading/writing blogs. The computer issues haven't been totally resolved but since I'm able to log in and write for a bit I will. Besides just being stupid when it comes to computers and their inner workings, we've had wayyyyy toooooo many doctor appointments lately and that sure is time consuming. I think I counted 13 in a 2 week period and we're not done yet. I won't bore you all with the details of life in the medical world. I like just about all the docs we see for this condition and that test but it's frustrating that there aren't more skilled professionals to handle the whole body rather than there being a specialist for practically every body part.
Luckily, I haven't had to deal much with nurse Hitler.... yes, I know she isn't a nurse....altho one morning recently I listened as she laughed hysterically and thought OMG she actually has a sense of humor. And then I listened a little more and found out that she was only laughing about a patient. OH don't even get me started. Interestingly, I was in another doc's office and found out that her 'unfriendliness' is well-known there as well. Oh wait... I'm not going to waste any more time tonight with thoughts of HER...... so
NEXT:
Oh we had a blast yesterday!!! We live about 15 mins. or so from Eastern State Penitentiary in Philadelphia. We got tickets for a Halloween event there called Terror Behind the Walls and luckily we got free passes to tour the old prison beforehand. It was so interesting that I cannot wait to start posting pictures. Unfortunately, my chiropractor will be having 6 fits if I continue on at my desk at this late hour so I must go off to beddie bye for now..... but I'll leave you with a couple shots to tempt you into checking back another time for the full story! 

This is what part of Eastern State looks like today, looking up at one of the sections from street level.
The above was a shot I got at night. The flash was doing some funky thing but it captures the eerie feeling of an old prison.
To be inside, freely wandering about, snapping pictures, taking in all this old historic landmark still has to offer was simply AMAZING. I took pictures of everything..... including Al Capone's old cell. (note: see blog for Oct. 20th for his cell photo) More later........
I just love how the second picture you posted came out. I find it funny, how we always blame what we do understand for what we do not understand. (Like how you blamed the flash.) I would like to think that maybe something was trying to get your attention. (Yes, I believe in ghosts, having been in a house with one often. Maybe someday I will blog about her.) I know most of my friends will be shocked to know that I believe, but if you had seen the things I did, you would too. Besides, it is almost Halloween, nothing like a spooky thought to get ya in the mood for all the fun. Hugs, Dawn
ReplyDeleteWhen I took that picture and saw the lights I thought OMG my daughter is going to freak out because she'll think it's ghosts. She was panicky about going right up until we started walking thru. It's an OLD place and many of the people who stayed there have since died so I could totally believe it was a ghostly presence. But I guess just seeing how the lights are at ground level pointing up, I just associated the flash and lights together in that particular shot. It is eerie tho!
ReplyDeleteIn one of the other pictures to post later, there is a small orb on the photo. Now some would say that's dust or whatever, but I got the impression on seeing it that it was something connected with the person who initially inhabited that particular cell.
Also, there is a photo my friend took near a fatal car crash site and in the sky there is a blue circular area... dunno if would be considered an exposure issue, sun glare, flash, whatever but I just automatically said to her about that spot that it was them, in the heavens saying we're here, we're okay.
So I don't usually dismiss things like that so easily..... I really do believe.
Also,
I know my Mom went thru my house after she died.... never felt her as a ghost or anything.... she was just passing thru my son's room but my husband and I totally remember that to this day and she's been gone 12 years.
I would love to hear your ghost story sometime!!
Have a great weekend! Mary
Evil Nurse. Ukk.
ReplyDeleteThat castle thing looks more decrepit than the castles we get over here. Sort of. Al Capone's bedroom wasn't very cosy, was it?!?
Well good luck with the drs!
Compared to the other cells, he did have it okay. I heard that he was sort of hiding out there to avoid being gunned down on the streets. I would have to research that more tho, not up on mobster stuff really.
ReplyDeleteThanks for stopping by. Yes, the Doc stuff does wear on me at times but I tend to get very panicky when things don't feel right and go off looking for reasons the old bod just doesn't do what it's supposed to anymore. Damn, am I almost 43 or 83?
OMG I just went back to my blog and realized I posted the creepy bare cell. His cell actually was pretty interesting looking. I'm going to post it now just to show you ..... the rest of the tour pictures to come later.
ReplyDelete