Pages

Monday, October 29, 2007

Voyeurs Abound

I just checked my Flickr page and found that of all my 45 pics posted, this one above is ranked #1 by order of interestingness. Overall, it's the 2nd highest viewed pic of my pages. So what's it about bedrooms that everyone finds so fascinating?

Let me explain the pictures.... one weekend, hubby had to go out of town for work and I took on a room redo. He's normally the painter in the family but he let me have some fun. Neither picture really shows the effect.... the top one is deeper red than the room actually is and in the bottom one the walls look raspberry. I did use red paint, but mixed it with a glaze and then put it over a base of apricot so different lighting will give different effects. It really does look more red overall and some of the decor is asian, a mixture of Korean and Japanese. The ceiling is a shade of gold and the border is of one of my fav things.... Geisha. I love this room!

So yup, this is where is ALL happens.... the enjoyable, delicious, pleasurable, joyous, delightful, luscious, sweet, splendid, delectable, savory, tempting, welcoming, gratifying, luxuriating, engulfing, hedonistic, alluring, satisfying, refreshing, rapturous, scrumptious, agreeable, yummy, heavenly thing we do soooooo often......... SLEEP !!!

2 comments:

  1. Yeah it definitely does seem very individual, and I guess in a way only the two of you will understand :) Very colourful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a nice room. Small, but intimate. Wish it was clean right now. LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I appreciate you!