On a night when my kids were at the shore and my hubby was out for a long ride on his motorcycle I stayed home and had dinner while watching one of my very favorite movies, Chocolat. I made myself a hot cocoa with some yummy chocolate that I got as a gift from the owner of a chocolate shop where I have some of my cards and jewelry displayed. It's bittersweet and delicious, I think European. The perfect accompaniment to the movie.
If you haven't seen it, treat yourself. Every character is unique and well played. I've watched it many times. The soundtrack is terrific too!
Saturday, June 7, 2008
Chocolat- Minor Swing
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That is so weird. I was JUST watching that movie this afternoon.
ReplyDeleteI love it too - I was talking to Clarke about what a great movie it is.
Good night, sister. :)
OK...I'm RIGHT there with you, M!
ReplyDeleteIt's also one of MY favorite films!
And I bet it was totally awesome to sit there and watch it, while munching on bittersweet chocolate.
(which incidentally happens to be my FAVORITE chocolate)
I need to do that the next time I watch it!
GREAT memory, M...thanks for sharing it!
P.S. and don't ya just LOVE this freaking HEAT that we're having to endure???
I love that movie too. Wonderful story and concept. I wish I could work magic in my kitchen.
ReplyDeleteI was just thinking about this movie YESTERDAY when I was at Barnes and Noble browsing and saw a book called Garden Spells that sounded slightly similar. Not the exact same, by far, but it made me think of Chocolat. I want to read it.
Like Fiwa commented, weird, because Lisa and I watched it last night too. First time I'd seen it. The message of acceptence no matter what our backgrounds was quite refreshing. A cup of hot chocolat would have been a good touch. "It's my favorite."
ReplyDeleteI was just watching Chocolat too!! Yesterday in fact, the day that you wrote this!!
ReplyDeleteI love that movie and Johnny Depp is at the top of his game as usual and looking quite dapper.
I need to eat Chocolat while watching Chocolat as you did. I don't know why I didn't figure that out before!!
I'll sit down with my back of dark chocolate the next time I view it.
Fiwa, seems we were all watching Chocolat yesterday! My hub loves it too.
ReplyDeleteRon, all chocolate is good, but the darker the better! OMG, the heat and humidity is insane. Ick.
Rhea, Oooh, I love Barnes and Noble!! Garden Spells I will have to check out. Sounds interesting!
Jeff, even though this movie was supposed to represent the late 50's I know there is still alot of towns and people who don't get the concept yet. So that they keep playing the movie is cool because it really speaks of many things. And when the Comte de Reynaud ends up in the chocolaterie window all passed out from the goodies, that was just hysterical. LOL
Handsome, how cool that many of us were all watching it but in different places. Johnny Depp just rocks in everything he does. Make sure and look out for him in Shantaram next year. It's an awesome book and he bought the rights to it awhile ago. Can't wait!
I'd love to dip Johnny Depp in chocolate and take my time licking it off. Mmmmmm ....
ReplyDeleteOops! did I say that out loud? Ahem, Chocolat is an excellent movie. :D
my darling Nitebyrd, by the time you found where I've hidden him the chocolate would be all gone. Well, we could dunk him again and go for seconds.... hehe
ReplyDeleteDo you think he could handle the both of us????
LOL